Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

5 posters

New Wolf 3D Project Planned

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

New Wolf 3D Project Planned Empty New Wolf 3D Project Planned

Post by Schabbs Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:34 pm

New Wolf 3D Project Planned
    Here's some info on a new Wolf 3D project being planned by SecretAgentJonathon.This one will have a Nightmare on Elm Street theme, as a tribute to his favorite horror movie franchise. As a result, Jonathon needs people who are willing to help with some songs, like the theme from the opening of the first movie, the infamous 1, 2, Freddy's Coming For You theme, and other Nightmare on Elm Street songs. Also needed is someone to make an editable Wolf 3d intro screen that works with floedit, and for a coder to make all 60 levels play seamlessly without any episodes (Spear of Destiny like). If anyone wants to contribute, please either email me and I'll forward them to Jonathon, or leave a message in this thread.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

New Wolf 3D Project Planned Empty A New Nightmare on Elm Street Movie

Post by stathmk Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:52 pm

I heard on a show like Entertainment Tonight or Access Hollywood that plans are underway to make a new Nightmare on Elm Street movie with somebody other than Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger.

I only saw Nightmare on Elm Street part 1. It doesn't make sense to me how the undead Freddy Krueger was set on fire again and came back to life again.

There's a Halloween episode of The Simpsons with Groundskeeper Willy as Freddy Krueger.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

New Wolf 3D Project Planned Empty Re: New Wolf 3D Project Planned

Post by jayngo26 Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:09 am

I always liked Robert Englund's role as the dopey alien in the series "V".

http://jayngoware.com/
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm

He's talking about the original 80's version also, not that pathetic new remake!

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronwolf1705 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:35 am

Jackie Earle Haley will play Freddy in the new remake, so that is a good reason to go see it. IMO he was pretty great as Rorschach in Watchmen. Smile

New Wolf 3D Project Planned MMCS0206
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

New Wolf 3D Project Planned Empty V in the 1980s.

Post by stathmk Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Dean wrote:He's talking about the original 80's version also, not that pathetic new remake!
    I thought that V stands for visitors or victory. I don't remember Robert Englund in the 1980s V, but I believe you.

I was born in 1980. I think that V aired in 1983 or 1984. I remember a scene where a woman is in the hospital giving birth. Then her husband rips his own face off and you can see that he's an alien underneath. Then the baby rips his own face off and you can see that he's an alien underneath. The mother is all scared. When you're 3 or 4 years old watching this you're thinking, "This is so cool!" At 3 or 4 I also wanted to change my middle initial to V.
    New Wolf 3D Project Planned Lol
    Darkman was a movie that came out in 1990 where Liam Neeson is a burned man that clones skin and wears faces to get even with his enemies. Faces sometimes get ripped off. If I were 3 or 4 when I saw that movie then it would have been so much cooler. There was a Darkman 2 and 3.

I had a classmate who had a relative that made faces for the Dick Tracy movie. I just think that making faces would be so cool.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark

Post by jayngo26 Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:20 pm

"V" was what was shown on a poster within the actual miniseries. It was a picture of a "visitor" and the "V" meant "visitor". However, one of the resistance/rebels spraypainted a "V" over the poster, then said it meant "V", for "victory".

The original miniseries/show was awesome. And while it is partially 80's/cheesy by today's standards, I still feel that it's one of the greater sci-fi story/worlds out there.

Check this out:Great Theme Musical Score(even for the 80's)!!

You'll see some notable names like Robert Englund (Freddie Kruger), Marc Singer (Beastmaster), and Michael Ironside (Top Gun and the voice of Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell Series!!)

Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Stath, the memory you have I believe, was actually a dream sequence within the TV series.

There was an initial 3 part mini series from memory and then a TV series that followed after that. The part I remember about the baby was that it was a Human-Alien mix and when the baby was being born everyone was wondering if it was going to look like an alien or a human. I remember the baby was born and it looked like a normal human baby except that it had the alien split lizard like tongue of the aliens.

The series was good but it got a bit lame and sentimental by the end of it and had lost some of it's edginess. The new one seemed more focused on special effects, If you watch the trailer for it it, shows explosions and buildings being blown up. the original was not like that at all as the aliens showed up trying to befriend the Humans so they could steal our resources. I won't say which one's in case they do follow this same things in the new version and I end up spoiling it for everyone.

As a teenager when a lot of the 'Nightmare on Elm street' series came out I'm really interested to see what they do with it. The majority or recent remakes of these original horror films have been really average. Prom night, for example, wasn't just bad it was just unbelievably terrible!

I'm interested to see what this mod will be like as most Wolf mod versions of movies have been fairly under par IMO. I always wanted to see make a decent Star Wars mod though.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

New Wolf 3D Project Planned Empty Re: V

Post by stathmk Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks for the V information.
    Dean wrote:...As a teenager when a lot of the 'Nightmare on Elm street' series came out I'm really interested to see what they do with it. The majority or recent remakes of these original horror films have been really average. Prom night, for example, wasn't just bad it was just unbelievably terrible!
    Are we talking about the same movie? I did see a slasher flick called "Prom Night" that looked like it was made in the 1970s.

I haven't seen Halloween. I've heard that the first Halloween was one of the scariest movies of all time. Is Michael Myers just an ordinary mortal man or is he undead like Freddy Krueger? I don't know if there's already a new Halloween or if they're still working on it. I've heard that the idea behind the new movie is lame.

Dean wrote:I'm interested to see what this mod will be like as most Wolf mod versions of movies have been fairly under par IMO. I always wanted to see make a decent Star Wars mod though.
    But there is a Star Wars mod on The Dome. I don't know if you'll like it. I've played it and it's only graphics like the X-Wings.

Do you have Unreal Anthology of Unreal Tournament 2004? I think that the next to the last level of Unreal Tournament 2004 is like Ty Fighter or X-Wing. There's an Unreal Tournament 2004 mod of Star Wars: http://www.fileplanet.com/141576/140000/fileinfo/Troopers:-Dawn-of-Destiny-v6.0-[Umod]

There's also a Dark Forces game that's like Doom 2: http://www.fileplanet.com/10636/10000/fileinfo/Dark-Forces I've heard that they made so many changes to the Doom 2 engine that they were allowed to release it as a new game.

Do you like Legos? There's Lego Star Wars: http://www.fileplanet.com/search.aspx?searchtype=2&q=Lego+Star+Wars

Edit: I meant that there are 2 Lego Star Wars games. 1 for each trilogy.

Last edited by stathmk on Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 am

I've played that Star Wars mod. I thought the walls were really neat, but flying around in an x-wing just didn't do it for me. We need a mod along the lines of the Dark Forces franchise. It's something I would consider doing down the road, as I am a huge Star Wars nerd.

As far as Halloween goes, Michael Myers is like Jason from Friday the 13th. Is he Undead? Is he Immortal? Who knows? You have to watch the first Halloween. It is probably the best of the series and really scary (IMO). I believe the last two were made by Rob Zombie and I've never seen them. While I love his music, I have never seen any of his movies...

Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by Dean Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:20 pm

jayngo26 wrote:I've played that Star Wars mod. I thought the walls were really neat, but flying around in an x-wing just didn't do it for me. We need a mod along the lines of the Dark Forces franchise. It's something I would consider doing down the road, as I am a huge Star Wars nerd.
    Exactly how i would see it being done. The main problem for me would be getting the lightsabers working somehow.

jayngo26 wrote:As far as Halloween goes, Michael Myers is like Jason from Friday the 13th. Is he Undead? Is he Immortal? Who knows? You have to watch the first Halloween. It is probably the best of the series and really scary (IMO). I believe the last two were made by Rob Zombie and I've never seen them. While I love his music, I have never seen any of his movies...
    The original Halloween is one of the best horror movies ever made. It's so creepy and mood setting. the remake was ok, not as good as the original but took things in it's own direction. The remake of Halloween 2 was one of the worst movies I've seen in years and IMO Zombie has killed the series forever with this piece of trash.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:33 am

Dean wrote:
    jayngo26 wrote:I've played that Star Wars mod. I thought the walls were really neat, but flying around in an x-wing just didn't do it for me. We need a mod along the lines of the Dark Forces franchise. It's something I would consider doing down the road, as I am a huge Star Wars nerd.
    Exactly how i would see it being done. The main problem for me would be getting the lightsabers working somehow.

Well, in Dark Forces Kyle Katarn wasn't a full fledged Jedi, so he still used blasters (how uncivilized!). So, the same could work in a wolf mod. Replace the knife with lightsaber frames and add in sound. Sounds easy in writing however....

Then there's always adding in force powers. One could probably write some code in the T_Thrust function (or whatever it's called) that allows B.J.-semi-jedi to use force push power on enemies. Or something like that. Would make for an interesting mod for sure...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:42 pm