Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox?

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox? Empty Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox?

Post by jayngo26 Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Ok. I have never made a video for youbube. I would like to mess with it and maybe make a trailer for my upcoming mod. Thing is, I haven't a clue as how to do it. I use DosBox and I'm not sure how to use that to make a youbube video. I would like to have short clips of gameplay footage edited together in order, as well as trailer music/song and maybe some wording as well. Please help!

http://jayngoware.com/
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark

Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox? Empty Re: Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox?

Post by jayngo26 Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:13 pm

Nevermind. I figured it out. Never knew you could record your play in DosBox. You just hit CTRL+ALT+F5 and it starts recording. Then you can import that video found in your DosBox Capture folder to any video making program, like Windows Movie Maker...

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox? Empty Re: Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox?

Post by jayngo26 Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:27 am

This trailer I'm making is starting to turn into my own personal nightmare. I thought I would share some helpful hints for those that are in the same boat as me:

If you are indeed using Windows Movie Maker (if you run Windows OS and XP then you have it), the files that you upload from the capture folder of DosBox are in AVI format. Windows Movie Maker (WMM) accepts those files and you can then use them to create your movie/clips. HOWEVER, when it comes time to save and convert/compile your entire project, WMM won't convert the AVI files. It can't. SO- BEFORE you add the AVI files to WMM, you need to first convert them into something WMM can recognize, say WMV files. To do that the free way you can use Media Convert. Just google it. Great program although the conversion process took a couple tries for me. Once converted to WMV then you can plug them into WMM and all should be well. (This is the step I am at right now.)

So, although my Operation: End Epidemic teaser trailer has been completed for a few days, all this has set me back. Once I receive my converted WMV files I still need to re-cut them to the scenes I want. Argh. Computers.....

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:26 pm

Ok, so I finished the video today. That Media Convert did a bad job converting the avi files to wmv. I ended up downloading Windows Media Encoder 9 off the Microsoft webpage. It was free and converted the files really good. I had to remake all my video footage clips, but I learned alot in this whole process. Hopefully this thread helps others that don't know how to make a Wolf3d video.

You can watch the trailer here: Operation: End Epidemic Trailer

Hope you like! Does Anybody Know How To Make A Youtube Video Through DosBox? Icon_cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:22 pm