Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Oblivion Ultra Mod.

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Oblivion Ultra Mod. Empty Oblivion Ultra Mod.

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm

This:
    http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=2420

Plus Qarl's texture Pack 3
    Plus Qarl's High Detail Lods
    Plus Better Cities
    Plus Natural Enviroments/Infintie View Mod
    Plus manual INI tweaks...
    =
    Your computer dieing and FPS going to 0 (Literally 0)

Surprised
    Testimonials:
    Posted by Daerlethis at 2009-08-04 06:51:36

This mod is great if you look to take some shots etc. But in name of playability I suggest that you won't download this. It's hard to resist such a cool looking thing but think again how enjoyable it is to play at 15 FPS and below when in combat. Even if you would have tri SLI'd gtx 295's this mod will severely increase stuttering and reduce FPS to near unplayable when many actors are in the screen at the same time.

Posted by aaronjtopping at 2009-04-18 17:52:37
    I am running a new Corei7 920 -- a gtx275(896RAM) and 6 gigs of triple channel 1600Mhz ram(oc'd to about 1833).

To put things into perspective, I can run the PC game CRYSIS on MAX settings at 1080P(1920x1080) and I never drop below 50-60fps in open environments and in a firefight.

I run Oblivion with Qarl's texture pack 3 and every other texture mod I can find at that max FPS my screen puts out 60fps(60 hz). It is perfect! I loaded this addon and I dropped to like 20 fps --- sometimes as low as 10 --- this mod is just ridiculous haha!
    Anyway, when all is said and done, if you have a computer from outer space, you can probably run this just fine. I give props to the modder in the sense that he has pushed the limits of Oblivion and graphics once again. at 25-30fps it truly does look AMAZING! Seeing literally everything from the stones to the bridges from one side of the map to the other is mind blowing in how sharp they still look.

Posted by voodoochild815 at 2008-12-31 21:57:54 Voted 1.00 on 12/31/08

lol this thing is retarded, it doesnt even run on my rig.. which is a intel dual core at 2.4 ghz 4 gigs of ddr2 ram and a 9800gt...

Posted by zephoid b at 2007-12-15 06:10:13
    this mod looks absolutly amazing, but it is the equivalent of taking a sledge hammer to ur graphics card(not recommended). i cant use it but my friend has 2 8800gtx ultra's and he can actually use it with 40fps. god i hate him.

With Quarl's two mods, and the More Than Almost Everything when Distant mod:
    http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/fms/Image.php?id=38406
    This is not including the others on my list....This is without INI tweaks.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:34 am