Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Hello

xanalyoko
    Black Cat
    Black Cat

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-07-05

Hello Empty Hello

Post by xanalyoko Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:23 am

As some of you may already know that i'm attempting a make a mod. I originally came here because of a title screen question I found on Google. I expected to having to do very little for this but found allot more here than i have ever expected for a game as old as wolf3d.

I have decided to use the wolf3d game because it's small and easy to download / upload. And i have used editors before but for dos. The mod i want to make takes place in a office setting and i'm unshure how to start yet as in mapping. I have not done office settings useing 64 x 64 blocks. In used to doing this kinds thing in unreal doom and duke3d editors. But they require alot more work than wolf3d.

The mod / mission. i don't know what to really call it. since it's only to 1 of the wolf3d missions.

Joymax GM hunt
    This is a working title and it has a hastory behind it. If anyone knows the game Silkroad online then they probly know why i want to make this mission.

I have already recived help with the title screen here and some other info reguarding newer windows version of a editor. I have only ever used dos version before and still have them.

Parts I need are a guard in more like office attire kinda like the hostage created by mr wolf. But it was created to replace the mutt. but i need one to replace some of the guards and are missing some frames. I have tried it before but I cannot draw people and never could. I was always better at wall and map design.

If anyone could locate another shirt and tie wearing guard or could add some to the hostage that would be help full.

The last thing is a place to upload the mod when and if i ever get enough stuff to finnish it.

Thanks!
    rgamesinc
    rgamesinc
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 126
    Registration date : 2007-07-25

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post by rgamesinc Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:55 pm

If you want to know how to make some offices, try looking for inspiration in Areyep's Wolfendoom mod. The first episode has some cubicles and stuff that worked out really well in my opinion. Link is here

As for finding guards, if you can't find them on Monkee's Image World, you probably won't find them just laying around. You're probably going to need to get a spriter to help with the mod if you can't learn to do it yourself (as you've asured us is true). Having new, custom sprites will greatly increase the quality of the mod as well as long as they're fairly decent.

As for uploading the mod, sending an E-Mail over to Brian at the Wolfenstein 3D Dome with the mod attached is the typical approach for uploading. You can also try getting a ModDB account and uploading it there.

Also, you might want to check out Chaos Edit as a potential editor. It's an extremely helpful, multipurpose editor which can help make the modding process much easier.

Happy modding Very Happy

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 am