Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released Empty Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released

Post by Schabbs Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:18 am

Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released
    Aleksandr has sent in a collection of 18 enhanced mapsets. Seven are of Wolf3D mods while the others are Spear Of Destiny based and include Airslide's SOD Mod, Base 666 and Gloom. They were tested with newwolf opengl. Available here.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released Empty Re: Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released

Post by Dean Tue May 05, 2009 10:18 pm

What does enhanced mean? Actually I know what enhanced means, but what in this context? Enhanced in what way?
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released Empty Re: Enhanced Mapsets Collection Released

Post by Schabbs Wed May 06, 2009 4:56 am

Dean wrote:What does enhanced mean? Actually I know what enhanced means, but what in this context? Enhanced in what way?
    The messages I received with the collection were in Russian so it was difficult to tell exactly what has been changed. Using a Babylon.com translater, the first email came out like this:
    "good time of day! corrected several maps games (non-working caches, too simple levels). The corrigendum, to send you online? with respect. Aleksandr."

The second email is where the 'enhanced' came from:
    "Hello, Brian! apologize. Do n't know English. The attachment is archive with enhanced maps. They tested with your newwolf optngl. With respect. Aleksandr. "

I've not played much of the collection yet but I've just had a look at the first 2 levels of Airslide's SOD Mod. The 'enhanced' version has 3 extra guards on the first map - 31 up from 28, and 7 extra guards on the second map - 34 up from 27. Perhaps I should have taken more notice of the first email as that one was a bit more specific as to what was 'enhanced'.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:32 pm