Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+3
Schabbs
Thomas
Nexion
7 posters

Wolfenstein Forever Update

Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Wolfenstein Forever Update Empty Wolfenstein Forever Update

Post by Schabbs Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:39 am

Wolfenstein Forever Update
    Barry Christian is working on a new mod called 'Wolfenstein Forever'. There are 35 levels plus one secret level planned. Bosses will be Dr. Schabbs on level 12, Otto Giftmatcher on level 21, Hans and Gretel Grosse on level 34, and finally Hitler on level 35. There will be a storyline featuring all those characters in one episode. Four levels have already been completed.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Wolfenstein Forever Update Empty Re: Wolfenstein Forever Update

Post by Thomas Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:58 pm

That's really something. Barry Christian is one of the really old-schooled Wolfers, who has made many great mapsets during the years. Hasn't he been inactive for almost ten years?

A major influence. I'll definitely check this one out when it gets there.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by vaultkeeper Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:11 pm

Guten Tag,

Yeah, I've been inactive since 2001. Haven't released a set since Neuschwanstein in 2000. I started Blitzkreig in 2001, got 12 levels into it then got caught up in some personal issues and lost all interest in Wolf3d - until now that is.

It feels great to be making levels again. While I admire the work of these newer Wolfers changing every aspect of the game, my biggest inspirations have always been people like Brian Rowan and Gary Ragland who have re-created and exceeded the magical experience ID gave us way back in 1992. I think Wolfenstein is done best when it sticks to the basics, and thats what Wolfenstein Forever is going to do. There will be some source changes, but they will be subtle, like Spear was to Wolf3D. Level design is the focus here, and I can already tell you it already has Neuschwanstein beat (which was a great set in itself). Ill want some beta testers when I get this finished to make sure I release the highest quality product.

I plan on putting up a new website since the Vault is long gone, but I don't know how soon Ill get around to it. I don't have the time I did when I was in high school and I prefer to spend most of my Wolf3D related time devoted to Wolfenstein Forever.

-Barry Christian a.k.a. 'The Vaultkeeper'
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Nexion Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 am

Quick, catch him and put him into a cage before he escapes again! A lot old wolfers returned and disappeared again after a few weeks. I hope you bought a one way ticket to stay a while. Anyways welcome to the year 2008. This year seems to be a bad wolf year. Pretty boring and stages of inactivity. So don't be surprised if the community isn't as active as in 2001. I wasn't there so I am not absolutely sure about the older days (:
    A handful of members which were active in <2001 are on this forum. So you perhaps check the Diehard Wolfers board as well. But besides that, pretty cool news. Although I am a fan of total conversions I also enjoy well designed maps. I just don't play them often. Oh and take a website service which would even survive the earth.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:18 pm

I know BJ Rowan has shown signs of life not long ago, but due to his popularity he has chosen not to be 'active' in this sense of style. I talked to Gary two years ago, and he has been working on some mod for a while. So they're not entirely out... But since then, I haven't heard from Gary.

But I'm glad to see you're working on a new mod. I'm doing a similar project myself, also basic coding and just plain maps with no major changes. Cool
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:02 pm

Wolfenstein Forever update...

I now have 12 levels completed and a storyline. Note that this project has no storyline relation to my older add-ons. Its part of a new series in which I plan 3 separate missions.

Setting

Its April 28, 1945. The Spear is gone and the Third Reich is crumbling. Hitler is on the run. Soviet intelligence has reported that Hitler and Gen. Fettgesicht, his top man have fled to Castle Teufel-Hölle. The Allies now have a chance to end the war with one swift attack. Problem is, Teufel-Hölle heavily guarded and is situated in such a way that no direct Allied attack would be successful. One man must infiltrate the castle from the tunnels beneath, and assassinate Hitler and his General. Top Allied generals all come to one consensus - there is only one man who is capable of completing this task: B.J. Blazkowicz.

About the Castle

Teufel-Hölle is known as one of the oldest, largest, strongest fortresses in Germany and has been the site of much evil over the centuries. The maniachal Dr. Schabbs did some early work at Teufel-Hölle. Its possible that some of his abandoned creations could still reside in the castle.

There are 35 levels of Hitler's top men awaiting. It is imperative that neither the General or Hitler himself escape the castle alive. Good luck, B.J.

I am currently rebuilding the Vault, and when it goes online (within the next few weeks), there will be more info and screenshots.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:56 pm

I really appreciate that you're resurrecting the vault. It almost feels like that the Wolf society that was before all this is going to 'rise' again. Smile And a nice storyline too. I've always loved the mods that takes place just before it all falls apart.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Thomas wrote:I really appreciate that you're resurrecting the vault. It almost feels like that the Wolf society that was before all this is going to 'rise' again. Smile And a nice storyline too. I've always loved the mods that takes place just before it all falls apart.

Yeah, the new Vault should be up and running within the month. I am going on vacation next week, but after that I should get some quality time to work on it. I have the site created, I just need content. If anybody has anything they would like to appear on the Vault, please send it to me.

As for Wolfenstein Forever, 15 and a half levels are now completed. Since I am creating them faster than I originally thought, I thought about expanding the number of levels, but instead I intend to make three separate missions in a series, this being the first.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 pm

Update: I am doing some slight revamping of this project. I am going to aim for 50 levels instead of 35 and I will incorporate most of the Blitzkrieg levels. Therefore, you'll get one big set instead of two small ones.

-Barry Christian
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:59 am

Quick update:

Wolfenstein Forever is still alive. I have been going through a lot of stuff in my personal life lately with a job loss and stuff so I haven't been able to do much with Wolf3d. I currently have no target date for completion of the set, but my goal is sometime during the first half of 2009. About 40 out of the 50 levels have been completed this far.

-Barry
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:31 am

Ok....quick update. 45 out of 50 levels have been compled thus far. As before, my personal life has become MUCH more hectic since I started this project, and therefore don't get to spend much time on it. I actually saw this coming last fall and scrambled and scrambled to get this out by November to avoid long delays, but it didn't work out. My goal is to have both this and a new version of TRTN out by May.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Thanks Barry for the update. I'm looking forward to playing the new set.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Sounds great Barry - really looking forward to it.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Hey everyone!

So I am back working on this again.  I've started on it several times over the past several years but things have come up in life that drew me away from it and I just didn't have the drive to get back into it.

Within the next few weeks, I plan on releasing a "Phase 1" which will feature the first three blocs of the game totaling 21 levels, ending with fighting the Ubermutant.  Phase 2, will feature 30 more levels and I will release it hopefully before the end of 2016.

Level flow is similar to "Armageddon" but style is more similar to the Road to Neuschwanstein and the original Wolf and Spear games.

This version will be a traditional Wolf mod and will need DOSBox.  After the game is complete, I will look at doing an SDL version.

-Barry Christian

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Next time gadget, next time.... meow
    ossirot
    ossirot
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2016-05-30

Post by ossirot Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 am

Sounds interesting, good to hear it's in the works again.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:57 pm

I am on a roll in terms of mapping right now, so I think I am going to do 8 more maps and release Phase 1 with everything up to floor 31. Phase 2 will then have 32-50 plus a few more secret levels. This will work well, because given how the map style progresses, finishing it off with floors 22-31 will give a much more complete experience than ending at 21. 

Like Armageddon, the floors of the complete game will be divided into several blocs. All of them will have a boss but the tunnels. 

1-5 - Tunnels - Similar in feel to the opening levels of Spear of Destiny 
    6-11 - Dungeon - Similar to the dungeon section of Spear of Destiny but a lot more "labyrinthy". You will be spending some time exploring these levels. 
    12-21 - Old Castle - Similar to Episode 2 of the original Wolf3D 
    22-31 - Keep - Very heavily guarded. The difficulty ticks up a notch here. Style similar to Episode 6 of the original Wolf3D 
    32-48 - Hitler's Castle. A lot of very complex, experimental stuff in here 
    49 and 50 - Boss levels.  Fettgesicht on 49 and Hitler on 50.  Hitler will be a lot more difficult than he was in the original Wolf3D.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:32 pm

I have renamed this mod Passage to Teufel-Holle.

Phase 1 is complete to floor 31 and is being tested.  It should be out soon.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:02 pm

Just an update.  The mod is currently in testing.

It has also been converted to SDL as previously it was a DOS-only mod.  I am shooting for late July at the absolute latest, possibly earlier.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by vaultkeeper Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

Post by Officer-Michael John Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:11 am

Hi Barry Christian! I downloaded today and I played a little. Good Wolf 3D mod. I record a speed run on level 4:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:44 pm