Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Dark_wizzie
briancough
6 posters

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll]

Batmanifestdestiny
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Wolfenstein - Return to Castle Wolfenstein:  Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll] Empty Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll]

Post by Batmanifestdestiny Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Hey, I saw some screenshots of RtCW, and it looks way more like DooM than Wolf3D, and I was wondering how many other people share this opinion?
    briancough
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Wolfenstein - Return to Castle Wolfenstein:  Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll] Empty Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll]

Post by briancough Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:00 am

You mean RTCW one ? It looks like Doom ? That is a strange concept. It has nazis , and zombies, and ghosts, and secret passages, pictures of hitler. Castles, SS guards ....a boss at the end.

What was missing for you ?
    Batmanifestdestiny
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Wolfenstein - Return to Castle Wolfenstein:  Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll] Empty Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Wolf3D, or DooM? [poll]

Post by Batmanifestdestiny Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:30 am

I'm not sure which one it was, I never played it, but the concept sketches and stuff had things like floating legless fat zombieguards and demon-thingies.
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1584
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by PicNic Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:57 am

No way it looks like Doom 2. It doesn't look and play like Doom 2

Another Wolfenstein is coming Very Happy
    Batmanifestdestiny
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Post by Batmanifestdestiny Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:27 pm

that it is, and I wish it were "T" T_T (I can't buy or play "M" games.)
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:37 am

Why not?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Batmanifestdestiny wrote:I'm not sure which one it was, I never played it, but the concept sketches and stuff had things like floating legless fat zombieguards and demon-thingies.
    That was only in a few levels. It is mostly very wolf3d. The only times you get those zombies were in the few zombie levels. scratch

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:27 am

In the Crypts in RTCW you have zombies also a few germans.

And in the labs you have the Robots.
    Batmanifestdestiny
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Post by Batmanifestdestiny Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:48 pm

PicNic wrote:Why not?
    Religious obligations.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:35 am

I can follow you with the "DOOM"-thingy... But I guess that this would be what Wolf3D would look like if it was made in 2001 instead of 1992. I think RTCW is the perfect intrepretation of an old DOS-game, using all its right surroundings and small details.

I've never been keen on DOOM, but I like the concept of it. They've got some damn good murals, too. Glad that some of those were extracted into Wolf3D. They fit with the Nazi Mysticism-image.
    vaultkeeper
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 29
    Registration date : 2008-08-17

Post by vaultkeeper Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:50 am

Return to Castle Wolfenstein was one of the best games I have ever played. My only complaint is I wish there would have been more time spent at Castle Wolfenstein. The new Wolfenstein...from what I've seen, I can maybe see a Doom comparison there, though its still very much a WWII shooter. Thats not necissarily a bad thing - as the original Wolf3D experience cannot possibly be recreated in this day and age.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:17 pm