Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+4
Raziel
Unusedbattery
Dark_wizzie
lilmanjs
8 posters

features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods

lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

wolf3d - features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods Empty features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods

Post by lilmanjs Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:28 pm

so what are some new features that you would love to see in wolf3d mods. I know I'd love to see alarm lights. not all of the lights would be alarm lights but the ones that are would trigger an alarm that would send a ton of guards from different security stations at you. I'd also like to see the feature of having a little sound played once your health gets below 10%. no I don't mean that heartbeat sound, but something like B.J.(or whoever you are) saying damm I'm gonna die. that would be cool. so what features would you like to see?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

wolf3d - features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods Empty Re: features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

wolf3d - features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods Empty Re: features you'd like to see in wolf3d mods

Post by Unusedbattery Mon May 12, 2008 4:53 pm

As many Wolfenstein 3d mods, I always found gun bobbing a nice feature. Don't ask me why, I just think it makes a nice addition to realism. bounce
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1584
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by PicNic Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 am

Moha has it.
    Raziel
    Raziel
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 361
    Hobbie : Blasphemous Noise and Wolfenstein3D
    Registration date : 2007-07-08

Post by Raziel Tue May 13, 2008 2:50 pm

Wolfenstein3D Fan wrote:Moha has it.
    Almost every new mod has it.. Even old ones Razz
    Someone needs to code gun bobing like in doom, so when you stop moving the gun goes back to his place..
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Wed May 14, 2008 7:30 am

Lol. Yes I know .
    briancough
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

Post by briancough Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:28 am

Vertical heights . Stairs .

A ladder that you can ascend and possibly it warps you to another room providing the illusion that you climbed a ladder .

water pools , yes. Under water travel would be awesome but prob difficult. .

Vehicles. Vehicles may sound crazy but I can see a mod where a gun is modded to be bike handles and the speed is upped when in use. When you get off bike it is a static object. I see this as possible.

Now that we have life like skies I can even see an airplane mod for the game .

Planes that drop supplies .

Character sprites that are there FOR STORY like modern games, like at base camp.

For down ward stairs you could simply for a few steps 2-3 have the height of bJ seem to go down as if he were crouching or getting shorter .

If you can make a teleporter deal you could easily have BJ go under water, ice ...that is if you can model rooms full of supposed water

A star wars mod where you travel in the falcon and journey to new worlds .

A modding program where you can add objects to the game rather than edit every object already there.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Post by stathmk Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 am

briancough wrote:Vertical heights . Stairs . ...
    water pools , yes. Under water travel would be awesome but prob difficult. ...
    Go to http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_DOOM2.htm to download Astrostein and The Portal. The Portal has stairs and underwater travel. I don't know if Astrostein has stairs and underwater travel.

Go to http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/off-topic-f14/doom-addon-help-t769.htm and down to "Most Clever one-level Doom 2 wad?" In Doom: The Arcade Game, you get to swim underwater in the green acid.
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:59 am

in Orb of Dilaaria was underwater travel
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 am

briancough wrote:A modding program where you can add objects to the game rather than edit every object already there.

Use FloEdit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:20 am