Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Thomas
WolferCooker
6 posters

Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine

WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine Empty Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine

Post by WolferCooker Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:40 pm

This is nothing new as there is a similar thread at DHW, but I thought of an idea that may jumpstart some brainstorming again regarding any ideas/features not thought of in a Wolf3d mod yet.

How about a feature of hiding under a bed to avoid enemy detection? For any stealth fanatics, I'm sure this idea may be something worth looking at.

What do you guys think? And think of anything else that hasn't been done in a Wolf3d engine.

Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine Empty Re: Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm

Hi Howard!

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine Empty Re: Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine

Post by Thomas Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 pm

I don't know if there's been a weapon taking up more space than the usual - I'm thinking a la the pulse gun from "Unreal Tournament"; a huge ray can be shot across the room on the enemy till he's roasted. I don't know if that's been done yet.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Ideas/features not yet tested in a Wolf3d engine Empty Unreal Tournament

Post by stathmk Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Thomas wrote:I don't know if there's been a weapon taking up more space than the usual - I'm thinking a la the pulse gun from "Unreal Tournament"; a huge ray can be shot across the room on the enemy till he's roasted. I don't know if that's been done yet.
    It looks like here's the saw blade gun from Unreal Tournament: https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t1816-new-weapons-enemies-sprites-collection
    arsenal45
    arsenal45
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 14
    Registration date : 2012-07-03

Post by arsenal45 Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Some level can have alarms so all enemy soldiers are at there heals and spot you more easer.

"New weapon" - Hidden double barrel shotgun in some levels.
    "New weapon" - MP-41 submachine gun.
    silencer for luger.
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:43 am

The obvious one for me would be online multiplayer. I'd be really intrigued to see how that would work out.

As for new features for the standard game I would like to see 'hostage taking'. Grab an enemy from behind and use as a meat shield.

Also, I would love to see a universal high score system saved online. It might encourage more active use of the scoring system already available in the game.

And I 'd love to see a more creative use of the lives system. Maybe something like for every life you have you gain a team-mate clone or something like this:

1 life = standard
    2 lifes = faster gun rate
    3 lifes = second weapon in your other hand
    4 lifes = faster rate for both weapons
    Etc, etc

Kind of like a power up system as used in your typical SHMUP. Smile
    Tragos2d
    Tragos2d
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 140
    Job : Pouring gasoline on fires.
    Hobbie : Talent is so unpopular...
    Registration date : 2011-07-06

Post by Tragos2d Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Personally I'd like to see the world of Blakestone and Wolf3d combined. Imagine if Dr. Pyrus Goldfire and Hitler teamed up? You would have super mutant aliens intermixed with Nazi's, zombies, undead, etc... Goldfire after his second defeat in Planet strike created a spacial anomaly which transports him back to the 1940's. Naturally he teams up with Hitler forming a new super bada$$ triad of evil!

The twist is that this time around BJ is subjected to horrific experiments and turned into a secret weapon that Blakestone must fight. BJ in his new mutant/alien/zombie form would be the last boss of the game. Only after Goldfire and Hitler of course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:33 pm