Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Contact me if I don't have your permission for your mod in this archiving project

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Contact me if I don't have your permission for your mod in this archiving project Empty Contact me if I don't have your permission for your mod in this archiving project

Post by stathmk Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:29 am

-Please contact me by Wolf3D Haven message or Diehard Wolfers message if I don't have your permission for your mod for this archiving project.  Contact me if you want your mod redacted and you only want me to list it on a spreadsheet without a download link.  Or contact me if you want me to only link to the download on your web site.  I'd rather you didn't still contact me by the Wolfensteingoodies.com email address because it takes too long to load if it loads at all, and the Startlogic.com company that I do this through has been sold to a company that I'm not quite sure is interested in maintaining the email addresses.
    -I might correct broken links on wolfensteingoodies.com, but I don't know if there will still be new HTML content on it.  I want to link to mods and my spreadsheet on my web space.
    -As far as The Wolfenstein Goodies News thread at https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3305-wolfenstein-goodies-news-thread , I want to at least link to Rise of The Triad Ludicrous Edition news once or twice.  I might post about if there's ever a new modern Wolfenstein series game made by Bethesda or Machine Games, but I don't know how often I'll update the thread after that.
    -The Wolfenstein 3D Dome is frozen and I'm unable to change it even if I have the correct password.  I did copy everything over to my computer 3 or 4 years ago.  I'm going to archive it on my web space, with my email address deleted from 4 or 5 HTML pages, and I can take down links to mods that you made that you request to be redacted.
    -Some of you are getting bored with Wolfenstein 3D over the years and leaving.  I respect that.  I just want to have this conversation while you're still remembering to type here.
    -I might upload the freeware Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory file.  I'm not going to load every Return to Castle Wolfenstein mod because there are hundreds, the files are bigger than with Wolfenstein 3D, and I could never finish.  One of you can volunteer to archive RTCW on your web space or send me links to a couple of the archives.
    -I want to archive links to Youtube teasers and trailers.
    -I want to list mods of Wolfenstein 3D, Macintosh Wolfenstein 3D, Blake Stone, Catacombs Abyss, Wolfenstein 3D in other computer game engines, ROTT 1994, ROTTLE, Apogee mods, and that sort of thing.  I'm not sure if I'll link to Bethesda or Machine Games that were made after Doom Eternal because I'm less enthusiastic about this once the coronavirus lockdown started.
    -The funny thing is that I chose today to type about this because today, October 17, 2023, is Spreadsheet Day! https://www.bing.com/search?q=cuneiform&form=hpcapt&filters=HpDate:%2220231017_0700%22 .  If you say so!  There's a photo on Bing today of a Cuneiform language from Persepolis as spreadsheets!  I was watching a 1-hour or 2-hour story about flood myths.  The flood never was worldwide.  It was dams overflowing or breaking in different centuries, and in the Ziusdra version, it was a round coracle vessel in a Persian Gulf tsunami.  The Noah flood is based off of King Utanapishtim from The Gilgamesh Epic, Ziusdra from The Persian Gulf, or possibly a composite.  Long story short, I saw Archeologist Irving Finkel, or somebody at about the same time as him, showing an ancient clay tablet with lines as a spreadsheet with barley and other foods.
    -I get it that I'm forgetting to mention a lot of facets of this archiving project.  I don’t know how serious it will be a year or 2 from now.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Contact me if I don't have your permission for your mod in this archiving project Empty Re: Contact me if I don't have your permission for your mod in this archiving project

Post by doomjedi Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:45 am

stathmk wrote:Apogee mods
    You should contact the "Commander Keen" modding community then 
    Public Keen Forum
    Keen modding forum

It has tons and tons and tons of fantastic (mainly Keen but also some other Apogee) mods.
    Keen Wiki of all Keen mods
    Commander Keen mods on moddb

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:42 am