Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Cockroaches and Humans

Cockroaches and Humans Empty Cockroaches and Humans

Post by Guest Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:11 am

I read somewhere that the german cockroach (the most common, for various interesting reasons) basically cannot live anywhere where there are no humans. We leave food crumbs for them, spill water drops for them, let them hide under our fridges and stoves, etc. They especially like apartments and the like because there's more people in less space. German Cockroaches and Humans are cool buddies that live together. But like humans, we all need baths so that we don't spread diseases. The only problem is that cockroaches are so small that it's hard to wash them properly like you could with a dog or something. They actually eat soap so maybe you could throw them in a bottle with soap and shake it around a bit then rinse them out with water, or just throw them in the washer cycle with your laundry.

I've had many of these german dudes living with me at my last place for like 3 years, the building was like 117 years old and the maintenance guy really only cleaned the common areas when a new person was looking for a place to rent to make it 'appear' nice, but when I moved my new apartment everything was clean AF and the cockroaches didn't come visit me until I got some Miku posters from China and they hitched a ride with her in the cardboard tube (I think). Now these exterminator guys (humans) are spreading this ugly brown gel everywhere that looks like poop to try to catch them and it's not even working haha, the cockroaches like my sticky traps much better, but if I see them walking around I just take a tissue and catch them and put them in my semi-clear water bottle that says "Life after Debt" so they can have a family in a warm place and I can watch them and throw random things in to see how they like it every now and then. I guess it's kind of like having a fish tank or turtles or plants growing (or maybe a dead cat on your wall Zombys ), they make for interesting scenery to show visitors.
    serpens
    serpens
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-01-11

Cockroaches and Humans Empty Re: Cockroaches and Humans

Post by serpens Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:07 am

You know cotton buds/ear sticks? The ones you should not actually put into your ears? Well, their true purpose is to carefully wash your cockroach friends. They will bring you gifts of food in return, like cats.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:47 am