Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Zombie_Plan
Roebloz
6 posters

Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer

Roebloz
    Roebloz
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 27
    Message : Doom Fanatic and Mapper, Wolfenstein 3D Fanatic x2 and Mapper x10. Founded Team Fir2 and is currently the leader of it.
    Working on Wolf3d: The Damonisch Portal.
    Registration date : 2020-04-20

Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer Empty Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer

Post by Roebloz Wed May 27, 2020 7:02 am

Hello fellow Wolfers! I am Roebloz, leader of the newly founded Team Fir2!
    For the past month we have been developing a hard-difficulty map pack that we hereby call: Wolfenstein 3D The Damonisch Portal!
    There are still a few maps left to do (E3M6, E3M7 and E3M8) before we can release it, but we decided to do a trailer so you can know
    what you are getting into.

First of all some info:
    -The map pack has a high difficulty, it is designed for people that have finished Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny and that want a challenge.
    Episode 1 Difficulty: Medium
    Episode 2 Difficulty: Hard
    Episode 3 Difficulty: E X T R E M E

-The map pack will replace Episodes 1-3.
    -ECWolf (Or LZWolf) will be required to play it (Some levels have a lot of objects and the DOSBox version will crash)
    -The addon should release this Friday (Or Saturday)

-We have a web page if you want to check it out.  http://dare-game.net/Roebloz/fir2.html

Here is the trailer!

Remember, be prepared.
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer Empty Re: Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer

Post by Zombie_Plan Wed May 27, 2020 7:19 am

Interesting!

Wolf3D.net - Community Publishing Platform and Development Resource
    Wolf3D.net Discord
    serpens
    serpens
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Number of posts : 70
    Registration date : 2008-01-11

Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer Empty Re: Wolf3d Map Pack: The Damonisch Portal Trailer

Post by serpens Wed May 27, 2020 8:03 am

Interesting!

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2020 10:09 am

Last edited by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reddimus
    Reddimus
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2018-01-29

Post by Reddimus Wed May 27, 2020 12:23 pm

Hmm interesting.

I regret nothing. afro
    Ryu-sama
    Ryu-sama
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 80
    Job : Student (Medicine)
    Registration date : 2020-01-11

Post by Ryu-sama Fri May 29, 2020 11:32 am

Interesting. Really. Looking forward to play it. Is there going to be a SDL version?
    Roebloz
    Roebloz
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Message : Doom Fanatic and Mapper, Wolfenstein 3D Fanatic x2 and Mapper x10. Founded Team Fir2 and is currently the leader of it.

Post by Roebloz Fri May 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Ryu-sama wrote:Interesting. Really. Looking forward to play it. Is there going to be a SDL version?
    We're about to release it for ECWolf, but I don't think we're gonna do a SDL version. A vanilla compatible version could be possible (But that would mean removing some actors, which becomes a problem for Episode 3)
    Roebloz
    Roebloz
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by Roebloz Sat May 30, 2020 6:46 am

The map pack is released! You can go to the new thread here: https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3653-teamfir2-the-damonisch-portal-released
    Ryu-sama
    Ryu-sama
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 80
    Job : Student (Medicine)
    Registration date : 2020-01-11

Post by Ryu-sama Sat May 30, 2020 9:08 am

Roebloz wrote:
    Ryu-sama wrote:Interesting. Really. Looking forward to play it. Is there going to be a SDL version?
    We're about to release it for ECWolf, but I don't think we're gonna do a SDL version. A vanilla compatible version could be possible (But that would mean removing some actors, which becomes a problem for Episode 3)

I'm quite okay with the ECwolf version.
    AryanWolf3D
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2020-02-26

Post by AryanWolf3D Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

Last edited by AryanWolf3D on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2020 11:48 am

Last edited by Wolf3DGuy on Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Roebloz
    Roebloz
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by Roebloz Sun May 31, 2020 5:04 am

Wolf3DGuy wrote:It's easier to program it correctly, unlike ECWolf's source code! Cool
    True, but we weren't going to modify any of the game's mechanics anyways
    Zombie_Plan
    Zombie_Plan
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Registration date : 2009-07-06

Post by Zombie_Plan Sun May 31, 2020 7:43 am

I gave the first few levels a go, I enjoyed what I've played so far. That first SS gave me quite a jump!

I'm curious, is there a reason you chose to release it in WL6 files instead of a single PK3? Unfortunately it looks like the WL6 files don't work with the core exes.

Also, if anyone else tries running it with the ecwolf.wl6 trick, I'd like to hear if you were successful. My ECWolf wouldn't accept the mod with the file in the zip.

Wolf3D.net - Community Publishing Platform and Development Resource
    Wolf3D.net Discord
    Roebloz
    Roebloz
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Post by Roebloz Sun May 31, 2020 12:33 pm

Zombie_Plan wrote:I gave the first few levels a go, I enjoyed what I've played so far. That first SS gave me quite a jump!

I'm curious, is there a reason you chose to release it in WL6 files instead of a single PK3? Unfortunately it looks like the WL6 files don't work with the core exes.

Also, if anyone else tries running it with the ecwolf.wl6 trick, I'd like to hear if you were successful. My ECWolf wouldn't accept the mod with the file in the zip.

I had the same question, it's just that Asuka took care of the zip file. I'll have to ask him. And don't get fooled, the first few levels might be easy now, but you will learn soon enough that this won't be a piece of cake....
    Also, get used to that SS scream. You will hear it a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:37 pm