Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite

Post by stathmk Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:05 am

October 21, 2015: Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite
    Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Doom2016

If you pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order, then go to http://doom.com/age_gate/alpha for the Doom 2016 Alpha.  According to the Doom Facebook group, invites to the closed Doom Alpha build were first being sent by email on the morning of October 21.  The Doom Alpha is only available in English.  The Doom Beta is at a to-be-announced day.  Doom 2016 may be released in Spring 2016 for X-Box One, Playstation 4, and 64-bit PC.

For a Doom 2016 preview, watch from 1:01:20 to about 1:21:20.  At 1:21:20, Wolfenstein 2009 is shown as a game on Bethesda.net.

We should possibly form a Wolf3D Haven and/or Diehard Wolfers Doom 2016 multiplayer clan?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Doom 2016 Beta Available Soon?

Post by stathmk Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:45 pm

December 10, 2015: Doom 2016 Beta Available Soon?

I don’t remember the name of the boy or man who typed on The Doom Facebook page on about last Thursday that the Doom 2016 Alpha multi-player invites are finishing up, & that the Doom alpha forums will be deactivated.  If this is accurate, then I infer that this means that The Doom 2016 reboot Beta for multiplayer invites will begin soon for those who entered in their code from Wolfenstein: The New Order: http://doom-beta.wolfenstein.com/

Side note:  Prey is a modern 3D Realms first person shooter video game where a Native American on a reservation fights murderous space aliens & it reminds me of the Doom 3 generation of graphics.  My understanding is that Prey 1 takes place on Earth, that in the ending sequence you go through a wormhole to another planet, & that Prey 2 was cancelled after being shown at a gaming convention.  I watched a video in October about how Prey 2 supposedly has elements of the Doom 2016 reboot.  If I find either the Prey 1 ending sequence video or the video of Prey 2 & Doom 2016 reboot comparisons in the next 2 days then I will post them.

Edit: Prey 1 ending: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItyuFWw-NM4&t=19m03s 

Edit 2: I can't find the video anymore of Bethesda's Prey 2 & Doom 2016 reboot comparisons.  It may have been taken down for copyright reasons, I guess?  Prey 2 was officially cancelled & maybe Bethesda thought that they could generate more interest by spending their time & resources on the new Doom?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Doom 2016 Beta For Wolf T.N.O. Pre-orders & More Info

Post by stathmk Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Doom 2016 Beta For Wolf T.N.O. Pre-orders & More Info

March 14, 2016: Doom 2016 PC Specifications Announced:
    The Doom 2016 PC specifications include something about Windows 7 64-bit or later here with a link to "Doom - Official Multiplayer Trailer."

March 21, 2016: Doom 2016 has 6 Multiplayer Modes Announced:
    The 6 multiplayer modes are revealed in a trailer here. 

March 22, 2016: Doom 2016 Game Informer scanned articles:
    I have scanned & cropped all of The Doom 2016 pages of the Game Informer issue.  If you like 3D Realms, I have also included 2 pages about Max Payne:
    gameinformer274_doc.doc
    gameinformer274_pdf.pdf
    gameinformer274_croppedscans.zip
    Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Gameinformer274_coverwidth400

March 22, 2016: Doom Gamestop Trading Cards Scanned:
    -Mancubus front & back
    -Revenant front & back

March 31 to April 3, 2016: Doom 2016 Beta For Wolf T.N.O. Pre-orders & More Info:
    The Doom 2016 closed beta is from March 31 to April 3 for those who pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order & entered their code here.

Pre-order Doom 2016 before May 13, 2016:
    If you pre-order Doom 2016 for X-Box One before May 13, 2016, then it comes with Doom (The original 3 or 4 episodes) & Doom 2: Hell on Earth.  If you pre-order Doom 2016 for PC, then it comes with a CD or DVD, skin pack, & I believe also a multiplayer pack.  You can pre-order Doom 2016 before you buy a new, updated, computer because steampowered.com codes don’t expire.
    Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Doompreorder-width400

Miscellaneous Notes:
    -There’s a Doom 2016 Collector’s Edition for X-Box One at here & it includes the mechanical light-up monster & the exclusive demon multiplayer pack.
    -Be careful when ordering so that you don’t accidentally order the 1990s Doom Collector’s Edition.  It’s Ultimate Doom (4 Episodes), Doom II: Hell on Earth, & Final Doom (2 32-level episodes of Doom 2).
    -There’s at least 1 new enemy in Doom 2016.
    -The Doom 2016 single player campaign will reportedly take about 13 hours to complete.
    -The Doom Facebook group has alternate DVD box art.
    -This is a little bit off topic, but I’m not posting onto Wolfenstein Goodies any more modern game releases that will be made after the May 2016 Doom Reboot release.  I can’t be distracted for years with more modern games when I should be dedicated to Wolfenstein, Apogee, 3D Realms, their mods, & etc.

For More Information:
    http://www.doom.com/
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Re: Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:35 am

I never bothered to play Doom 3, maybe I will skip to Doom 4 instead.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Best PC for Doom reboot & other modern games?

Post by stathmk Sun May 08, 2016 10:16 am

I pre-ordered the Doom reboot for the PC.  I’m moving into a different house where I’ll set up an area for a gaming computer.  I’m looking online, in Game Informer magazine, in GameCenter magazine, & PC Gamer magazine at the different PCs.  What PC make & model do you recommend that I buy for the Doom reboot & other modern computer games?

In the meantime, I already asked the Doom reboot Facebook group & Diehard Wolfers forum today.  I'd like your opinions too.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Today's the last day to preorder The Doom reboot for extras! It arrives tomorrow!

Post by stathmk Thu May 12, 2016 7:31 am

Today's the last day to preorder The Doom reboot for extras!  It arrives tomorrow!
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Free Doom Reboot level

Post by stathmk Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:13 pm

According to the online IGN E3 2016 broadcast from Sunday, the first level of The Doom Reboot is now free as a demo.  It’s free only this week:
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/12/doom-first-level-demo/

First download Steam.  Then go to http://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/ .  Next to where it says, “Buy Doom,” click “Download Demo.”
    ossirot
    ossirot
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2016-05-30

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Re: Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite

Post by ossirot Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:47 am

Dark_wizzie wrote:I never bothered to play Doom 3, maybe I will skip to Doom 4 instead.

Although a bit dated now you should definitely check Doom 3 out, it was fantastic when it first launched and still enjoyable today I think. Especially with Sikkmod and other addons.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Doom 4 Demo on Floppy Disks Joke

Post by stathmk Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:33 pm

June 22, 2016: Doom 4 Demo on Floppy Disks Joke

Somebody on the Doom Facebook group seems to have joked that the Doom 4 demo from last week would take up 3,472 floppy disks each of 1.44 megabytes.

The Doom 4 Demo is still available for Xbox One, Playstation 4, & Steam at http://doom.com/demo .

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Doomcacodemon
    Plush Cacodemon

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Doompainelemental
    Plush Pain Elemental
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Doom 2016 Alpha Now Available By Invite Empty Doom 4 now has Update 1 content

Post by stathmk Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:07 am

I've gotten an email from Bethesda this morning that Doom 4 now has Update 1 content.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm