Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Is it possible to create unlimited levels using just map edit?

Is it possible to create unlimited levels using just map edit? Empty Is it possible to create unlimited levels using just map edit?

Post by Guest Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Is it really possible to create unlimited levels using just map edit? I think it is. I do not know how anyone could run out of levels.

On another note though, If you just used a map editor and did not edit the graphics, couldn't you run out of levels to create? Can an unlimited amount of levels be generated using the regular Wolfenstein 3D graphics? I wish there was a probability of how many levels that can be created.

In the super upgrades advert, it said that unlimited levels can be created.

Is it possible to exceed the many different design combinations? Couldn't this happen? In this were the case, it is not possible to create unlimited levels.

I still think it is possible to create unlimited levels.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Is it possible to create unlimited levels using just map edit? Empty Re: Is it possible to create unlimited levels using just map edit?

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:17 pm

There's got to be a limit to how many levels could be made. There are only so many items, guards, walls, etc. There are only this many spaces to make a level. Given that, there's a max amount of different configurations you could make. That's obviously just a hard limit. There are many levels that could be made which are identical apart from a few things which are not noticed by the player or are inconsequential to the gameplay. So we're talking how many distinct levels can be made? That is a question I obviously can't answer, but there's a number attached to it if we can somehow quantify how different is different enough.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:35 pm