Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+18
Andy
Dean
lilmanjs
Kumano
WolfForever
Thomas
WolferCooker
Akuul
Dark_wizzie
Ocram
robotnik
JDMGD0
stathmk
Valts
linuxwolf
insurrectionman
Mega Luigi
tsalop
22 posters

The False Spear SDL

tsalop
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Number of posts : 8
    Job : Junior Softwaredeveloper
    Registration date : 2013-02-14

false - The False Spear SDL - Page 6 Empty The False Spear SDL

Post by tsalop Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone, WLHack here... It has been a really long time since I last posted here.
    Anyway, let's get straight to the business.

After years of idling, I have started to work on Wolf3D mods on again and my goal
    is to finally release ToS. But before that I will remake False Spear in SDL...

Here is what I have planned to do:

- Add new levels and fix the old ones:
    Let's face it... The last levels of TFS were extremely bad (especially the final boss) so
    I am going to alter the existing levels a bit.

- Add more walls, doors and items:
    The problem with the DOS version was memory limitations. Because of that, there were not much
    variation between scenery (I bet you can count all different wall types, excluding the wall decoration,
    without even using all of your fingers). Also doors only had three different textures (compare to the ToS SDL-demo).

- Add some more guards (and maybe minibosses):
    Nice little thing that gives the game more atmosphere...

- Replace the projectile shooting mutants with regular ones:
    The rocket mutants didn't work that well, because most of the time they killed themselves due the splash damage.
    So I decided that I am going with mutants more similar to the original ones (behavioral changes though)...

- Update the graphics:
    TFS was a mess of "realistic" graphics and cartoony ones, so I have decided to update them a bit (and
    recycle ToS ones). Also I will be using ToS-palette as I think it has the perfect colors for this mod.

- Explore the themes more:
    Okay. We had the mines, dungeons, abandoned research facility etc... But due the 21 level limit each
    different theme only had about 1-3 levels. This time I am going to add more than 21 levels and maybe add alternative routes.
    In case of alternative routes I will remove total-playtime from the end of the game.

- Change the music to midi and replace the original Wolf3D sounds...

And much more...

-----------------------------------------------
    Download:
    The False Spear SDL
    Map-patch

Last edited by tsalop on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

false - The False Spear SDL - Page 6 Empty Re: The False Spear SDL

Post by doomjedi Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 am

Ok, checked the new other weapons.

1. "Chaingun-replacer" looks perfect, didn't test it on enemies though, but it is what it is - powerful, wasteful and innacurate. Animated quite well.

2. Flamegun - projectiles fly too far too fast. Flamegun in it's realistic concept is basically a close-range weapon, making it fire fast and faraway takes from weapon spots of other weapons and make it "bullet-simular". I'd make it ranged and more slow on projectile animation. Fire doesn't animate that fast and doesn't fly that fast, it floats in the air. That would balance it quite well as projectile parallel of a shotgun. Also will make it more tactic to make traps and block passages.
    There is a way to make it more realistic and more balanced to other weapons by special qualities of a flamegun - but I can't reveal concepts used in our in-work mod. Sorry.

3. RPG - seems ok, though
    I'd make it slower to shoot, fast shooting disrespects it as a powerful weapon, makes it to feel lighter and smaller - and not that heavy thing you carry on your shoulder. Also RPG is a slow weapon to react ("time to shoot" or even aiming), and you don't seem to take that into it's feel as coded in the mod.
    There are ways to do so, and we use some of those ideas in our in-work mod.

4. Remark to both RPG and Flamegun - as projectile weapons. Projectile seems to fire from the center, and the weapons are very low on the screen, so you don't feel those projectiles came from those actual weapons, but directly from your eyes. This disconnects the player from the shooting experience, it's like someone else is shooting from behind him.
    There are many ways you can try to deal with this...making weapons higher or projectile lower on the screen, making intermidiate weapon animation of those projectiles coming from the weapon (before projectile appears) to connect weapon animations to the projectile....such stuff.
    WLHack

Male
    Number of posts : 800

Post by WLHack Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:44 am

doomjedi wrote:Ok, checked the new other weapons.
    Thanks for your remark... I will work on them.

Hammer: I can see it now: you and the moon - wear a necktie so I'll know you.
    Building a new webpage...
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 am

Okay... I figured the reason for the barrel bug, it was the splash damage all along.
    When I removed the barrel explosion or changed the splash damage-routine to ignore
    barrels when shot with a rocket launcher, the bug just disappeared.

This however doesn't explain why no problem when shooting the barrel from distance.

WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Barrel bug is now fixed... I simplified the projectile-functions and that did the work.

I still need to sort out screensize problem, but as a quick fix - I have restricted the screensize to 640x480 (res) and 1280x720 (resf).
    The actual bug is caused by the modern statusbar I just need to adjust few things and it should be okay as well.

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Well, I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I'm having playing this. I really feel like I'm back in 2003 trying mods for the first time after being used to regular Wolf for a number of years. You've really captured an atmosphere of your own; I've only seen such previously in AReyeP/MCS mods, Team Raycast mods and Wolf Skevos-Jones mods. There's something great going on here... And I just reached the "Dungeons" level. Looking forward to more of this... Re-started today after a couple of days, and it's just been... Fantastic. I really love this game, and the only bug I've experienced so far is the game just closing down after pressing F9, but that was only once and I quicksave/load like a maniac. So that's acceptable. Wink
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Thomas wrote:Well, I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I'm having playing this. I really feel like I'm back in 2003 trying mods for the first time after being used to regular Wolf for a number of years. You've really captured an atmosphere of your own; I've only seen such previously in AReyeP/MCS mods, Team Raycast mods and Wolf Skevos-Jones mods. There's something great going on here... And I just reached the "Dungeons" level. Looking forward to more of this... Re-started today after a couple of days, and it's just been... Fantastic. I really love this game, and the only bug I've experienced so far is the game just closing down after pressing F9, but that was only once and I quicksave/load like a maniac. So that's acceptable. Wink
    Thanks... Hopefully you like the rest of the game as well.

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:47 pm

You betcha! I'm really hooked on this. Will play more as soon as I can...
    Akuul
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 491
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post by Akuul Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm

false - The False Spear SDL - Page 6 90a4b12a6f78

Level - (it seems the third level) Checkpoint Alpha.. 
    Guard, in the room opposite the toilet, - does not react to player..
    Guard do not see not hear not shoot ..

P.S. By the way .. WLHack сould you specify a list of all levels ..
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 pm

Akuul wrote:
    Level - (it seems the third level) Checkpoint Alpha.. 
    Guard, in the room opposite the toilet, - does not react to player..
    Guard do not see not hear not shoot ..
    All the frozen guards should be fixed now and the fix will be in the next patch.
    Here is the list of the levels (red = boss, blue = secret) with the entrances
    to the secret levels:

Level list:

Akuul
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 491
    Registration date : 2010-02-27

Post by Akuul Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 pm

WLHack - Thank you for the clarification and thanks for the list of the levels.. Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:47 am

Oh, I've experienced unresponsive guards numerous times in all levels I've played. Sorry I didn't report that. It was not that many, and it didn't ruin the gameplay. Of course, it's nice knifing them and then picking up their ammo! I had 100+ machine gun shells before I reached level 3... But this was mainly because I used the knife mostly in level 1 - which is a kick-ass outdoor level, by the way.
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:06 am

Yes, it happens...just wait for next release, lots of things are better there - trust me.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:53 am

I don't know. I can live with it. I'd hate to play all the way through this game again, not meaning that in a harmful way, it's just, I love this game but I never play any game 2 times - so shortly after I finished it the first time, you know what I mean? But sure. There's always room for improvement. And I love the sky-view ceiling! It's so spacy and futuristic, yet it fits in perfectly with the whole castle environment. Weird.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Annoying bug: If you carry any gun when you pick up the knife fury, it locks itself so you can't switch to the knife or any other weapon than the one you carry when you pick up the artifact. That, and there's a bug on the Upper Prison level, next to one of the prison in a grey brick environment with munitions and health, there's a barrel you have to shoot to pick up a diamond, and the pushwall behind the wall only moves 2 squares - my guess is that there's a guard running around back there. It's crucial to always have readily accessible guards DEAF when they're behind pushwalls. Unless there's a chance for you to nail 'em another place, e.g. behind columns or a vantage point or whatever.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 am

Okay... Here it is: The False Spear 2.0, SDL
    I have also included the source code and ChaosEdit definitions in the 7z-file. Also there wolf4sdl_flash.exe in the game folder to demonstrates the_fish's advanced shading (wolf4sdl.exe runs the normal game).

Special thanks to DoomJedi for his assistance.

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:52 am

How does this work with previously savegam files?
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 am

Thomas wrote:How does this work with previously savegam files?
    Unfortunately they won't work.

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:08 am

Yeah... Well... Then I'll just play on without the new EXE. So far so good... Just approached the... The laboratory entrance level. Excellent design.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 am

Another bug I've taken advantage of: The shotgun... Each shot I shoot, the ammo amount goes one up rather than down. So I've got 710 shells and 75 in the re-load... lol... Only used this weapon for the mutants. Love your lab levels, man. I think these rival those WSJ made for his mods.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1201
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:52 am

I need help regarding The False Spear Chaosedit files. Where do you properly put them and get them to show up on Chaosedit? I already had the palette done, but the map symbols I'm having trouble with.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:08 am

WolferCooker wrote:I need help regarding The False Spear Chaosedit files. Where do you properly put them and get them to show up on Chaosedit? I already had the palette done, but the map symbols I'm having trouble with.
    Well, you just need to copy the content of the mapping definitions-folder to the root of your ChaosEdit-folder...
    Just place the content of the mapobjects-folder to your ChaosEdits mapobject-folder and remember to replace the mapdefinitions.txt with the one included in the 7z.file...

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Yeah, so I'm playing this new improved v2.0, reach level 2 and apparently, a full 100 is impossible (unless you know the map from overview or intuition) - there's a wood panel you need to push in order to achieve a visible full heal. Of course that's what I do first. When I reach the elevator getting 100 % - 85 % - 96 % I scorch the map of any secret door, and I find it. Thing is, the wood panel you've pressed in to get the full heal (which by the way moves an unnecessary 3 squares) blocks this. So what do I do now? Start over for the 5th, 6th time?! Either way, this needs to be corrected.

Of course, if there's some weird switch or whatever planted someplace, disregard this.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:27 pm

Thomas wrote:Yeah, so I'm playing this new improved v2.0, reach level 2 and apparently, a full 100 is impossible (unless you know the map from overview or intuition) - there's a wood panel you need to push in order to achieve a visible full heal. Of course that's what I do first. When I reach the elevator getting 100 % - 85 % - 96 % I scorch the map of any secret door, and I find it. Thing is, the wood panel you've pressed in to get the full heal (which by the way moves an unnecessary 3 squares) blocks this. So what do I do now? Start over for the 5th, 6th time?! Either way, this needs to be corrected.

Of course, if there's some weird switch or whatever planted someplace, disregard this.
    '

Um... That level has not changed at all from the original TFS and it is possible to get 100% (just tested it myself)... Though you are right that there is trick to it. This image might help you:
    Spoiler:
    As you can see, you need to push another pushwall first or otherwise the treasure is blocked.

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:49 pm

It's not possible to start over now that I've killed everybody. Oh well... Long as I know whatever it is hiding behind the wall then that's fine. On to level 3...
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:27 pm

What are you talking about Thomas? I still got all 100% ratios on Level 2.

WLHack wrote:Well, you just need to copy the content of the mapping definitions-folder to the root of your ChaosEdit-folder...

Just place the content of the mapobjects-folder to your ChaosEdits mapobject-folder and remember to replace the mapdefinitions.txt with the one included in the 7z.file...
    I did all that, but TFS is still not included in the mapsymbol list when you customize Chaosedit
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:20 am

I'm not saying 100 % ratio is impossible when you start level 2, but if you don't know the pushwall trickery, then it sort of is.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:05 am

WolferCooker wrote:What are you talking about Thomas? I still got all 100% ratios on Level 2.

WLHack wrote:Well, you just need to copy the content of the mapping definitions-folder to the root of your ChaosEdit-folder...

I did all that, but TFS is still not included in the mapsymbol list when you customize Chaosedit
    Okay, that is strange... Well, here is a ChaosEdit that already has the palette/mapsymbols configured. Whenever you load TFS-files though, you have to select TFS from the customization-tab.

WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:06 am

Thomas wrote:I'm not saying 100 % ratio is impossible when you start level 2, but if you don't know the pushwall trickery, then it sort of is.
    Well, that is the only level where that sort of thing happens and if I recall right, in original Wolfenstein there were few secrets like that too.

WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:20 am

Here is a map-patch that switches the locations of the diamond and the save-game in the level 2 so that you can get perfect 100% without needing to know the pushwall trick. NOTE: Your earlier save-files will work with this patch.

Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 am

That's cool, I started over and have (thus far) reached 3 x 100 % on all levels, I just finished off "Office Wing". Really bugs me you can't get outside to collect all the clips... lol... Dark Corridors is an ace level. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I play this game... Never happened before! I don't know what it is. I just cannot tire of this mod. I'd never make one like this myself, but I'd gladly play it till kingdom come... Wink

BUG BUT NOT REALLY BUG 'CAUSE I'VE SEEN IT IN TONS OF MODS: If you quick-save in level X and take the elevator to level Y, then reload, the fog/shading/whatever of level Y gets "stuck" into level X. You follow me? It's quite common. And I don't think it happens when you load your game after shutting down the game.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 am

Thomas wrote:BUG BUT NOT REALLY BUG 'CAUSE I'VE SEEN IT IN TONS OF MODS: If you quick-save in level X and take the elevator to level Y, then reload, the fog/shading/whatever of level Y gets "stuck" into level X. You follow me? It's quite common. And I don't think it happens when you load your game after shutting down the game.
    Yeah I see what you mean. The fog/shading retains itself from the later level if you quick-load the previous level.  I don't know if that can be fixed though.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:21 am

WolferCooker wrote:
    Thomas wrote:BUG BUT NOT REALLY BUG 'CAUSE I'VE SEEN IT IN TONS OF MODS: If you quick-save in level X and take the elevator to level Y, then reload, the fog/shading/whatever of level Y gets "stuck" into level X. You follow me? It's quite common. And I don't think it happens when you load your game after shutting down the game.
    Yeah I see what you mean. The fog/shading retains itself from the later level if you quick-load the previous level.  I don't know if that can be fixed though.
    Well, I see what I can do and post a tutorial if I find a good solution.

doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Deaf guards bug was not fixed.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:16 pm

Also when I shoot at exploding oil drums, they don't explode, they just move until they reach another wall or static object - and THEN you can shoot 'em till they explode. Also, the mutants, though they're giving me diabetes, don't "respawn" quite so good. But it's way more stable than the first time around and I'm enjoying playing this and have not experienced any shutdowns yet.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 pm

DoomJedi wrote:Deaf guards bug was not fixed.
    That is really strange as after clearing the code for deaf guards, I did not see them anymore... Must test.

Thomas wrote:Also when I shoot at exploding oil drums, they don't explode, they just move until they reach another wall or static object - and THEN you can shoot 'em till they explode. Also, the mutants, though they're giving me diabetes, don't "respawn" quite so good. But it's way more stable than the first time around and I'm enjoying playing this and have not experienced any shutdowns yet.
    That is a behavior that shouldn't happen, also I didn't adjust the mutant respawning so there shouldn't be any difference... Anyway I am looking into it.

WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:04 am

Hopefully this patch will do the trick:
    - Decreased the barrel health and movement also added check to barrel-move to kill barrel if no health.
    - Simplified the CheckSight and SightPlayer-function...

I made some quick runs and I did not see deaf guards anymore. If you do encounter them, please post the level (and place if possible) so I can test more.

EDIT: Your saves should still work.

WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Post by WolfForever Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:09 pm

This patch still needs to be posted to the Dome. I created a separate thread for that though (ATAW3D needs a patch posted as well).

It would be good is someone could verify bug-freeness too. Smile  I'm busy with other stuff ATM.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2013-02-26

Post by Kumano Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 am

Hi, it's deffinitely great mode and I'm having great time playing it. But here's my first "bug" - it's not possible to get 100% in level 16. One door is blocked with small healthpack so you can't open it and access it Sad
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:09 am

Kumano wrote:Hi, it's deffinitely great mode and I'm having great time playing it. But here's my first "bug" - it's not possible to get 100% in level 16. One door is blocked with small healthpack so you can't open it and access it Sad
    Thanks for the report... I will check this one.

WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 am

Tested the level... It is possible to get perfect run in this level (at least in v2.0+)...
    Also small notice: if you find bugs that are clearly caused by programming, you can still report them (and I encourage you to do so) - but I will fix them in ToS.

Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:58 am

Interesting - I have the right version (The False Spear 2.0, SDL), and this happens: 

false - The False Spear SDL - Page 6 Tfs_bug
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 am

And I have one more question - is it on purpose, that the water wells are infinite source of health?

Anyway, the game was funny and I enjoyed it, great work. The final boss was very tough to beat, which is kinda required Smile I'm looking forward to ToS!
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:08 am

Kumano wrote:
    Interesting - I have the right version (The False Spear 2.0, SDL), and this happens:
    Okay, after searching for a while, I found the place in the picture... It is still possible to get perfect run in that level as there is nothing but ammo in that room.

Kumano wrote:And I have one more question - is it on purpose, that the water wells are infinite source of health?
    Yep, its on purpose but then again there is not many water wells...

Kumano wrote:
    Anyway, the game was funny and I enjoyed it, great work. The final boss was very tough to beat, which is kinda required Smile I'm looking forward to ToS!
    Thanks.

lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1143
    Hobbie : playing wolf3d addons like crazy
    Registration date : 2007-04-17

Post by lilmanjs Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Either I really suck at this mod, or this is on the harder side of wolf3d mods, but so far up to level 5, and enjoying it. That scoped rifle really is a beauty to use!

false - The False Spear SDL - Page 6 TeamAardwolfV2PNG
     false - The False Spear SDL - Page 6 57046cfmlabelbar
    Mods being worked on:
    The Mutant Uprising, Final Fight 2
    Mod ideas:
    Stargate SG-1 addon, Mega Man addon
    Team Aardwolf Mods:
    The Mutant Uprising, Ghost
    Mods being worked on with other people:
    Return to Castle Hollehammer with Raziel A. (Karharis)
    Award winning mods:
    The Final Fight
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by doomjedi Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:53 am

This is a very hard mod endeed.
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:54 am

doomjedi wrote:This is a very hard mod endeed.
    Especially the last boss... If you do not keep your distance you are dead before you manage to shoot even one shot.

lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by lilmanjs Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Has anyone besides me encountered this? When I was using the scoped rifle on level 5, I switched out of zoomed mode and encountered this. So I couldn't play with an entire weapon being unusable, so I quit and started the game again. Only to find on both of my saves(one a little ways in, and one from the start of the level) I get this weird look when I use the rifle, and zoom out. Also of note during one of the times this happened, I waited for guards to come through the door, which they did after a couple of minutes only to have a really strange sound instead of the normal door opening sound.
    Spoiler:

Mods being worked on:
    Mod ideas:
    Team Aardwolf Mods:
    Award winning mods:
    The Final Fight
    WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 pm

lilmanjs wrote:Has anyone besides me encountered this? When I was using the scoped rifle on level 5, I switched out of zoomed mode and encountered this. So I couldn't play with an entire weapon being unusable, so I quit and started the game again. Only to find on both of my saves(one a little ways in, and one from the start of the level) I get this weird look when I use the rifle, and zoom out. Also of note during one of the times this happened, I waited for guards to come through the door, which they did after a couple of minutes only to have a really strange sound instead of the normal door opening sound.
    That sounds like a quite disturbing bug... I need to check that out so I can fix it in ToS.

WLHack

Male

Post by WLHack Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:52 pm

One last False Spear related thing... Now when I finally got the advanced shading to work, I will be updating the False Spear source with working version, and I might make updated patch for the game that uses this feature to make things more interesting...

lilmanjs
    lilmanjs
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by lilmanjs Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:31 pm

WLHack wrote:One last False Spear related thing... Now when I finally got the advanced shading to work, I will be updating the False Spear source with working version, and I might make updated patch for the game that uses this feature to make things more interesting...
    That sounds really nice. I'd love to see that in action. Any progress on the bug I found? I haven't quit playing the game because of the bug(I know how to fix it while playing, but can result in a few deaths), though I'm seeing this is going to be a very hard work to beat this.

Mods being worked on:
    Mod ideas:
    Team Aardwolf Mods:
    Award winning mods:
    The Final Fight

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:05 am