Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS

Poll

What's your opinion on this game?

[ 5 ]
    Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Bar_left100%Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Bar_left0%Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Bar_left0%Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 5
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Empty Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS

Post by WolfForever Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:09 pm

Probably Brian's biggest near-solo accomplishment (although he has contributed numerous very good maps to other projects), I'm now midway through this game and have to say it is a lot of fun as the original Wolf3D feel is retained but also mixed with Brian's own style and some new/altered graphics and guards. I had a weird sound crash or two here and there but nothing show-stopping. I'd call this an excellent conversion overall so far and a very good testament to his consistently high standard of level design and gameplay. My only other minor complaint besides the weird sound crash here and there is that the music should have been reordered IMO; some of the maps have inappropriate tunes (i.e. boss tunes on non-boss levels, or vica versa, etc.). But I'm still giving it an "excellent" at this stage. What are your thoughts?
    yellowmadness54
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2011-02-20

Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Empty Re: Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS

Post by yellowmadness54 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:11 pm

download link please
    yellowmadness54
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2011-02-20

Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS Empty Re: Revival of Memories, by Brian E. Lowe (Schabbs) - coding by MCS

Post by yellowmadness54 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 pm

alright never mind i just downloaded it.

Im on first level on second difficulty.

I'm about to die. The first guards (guys with helmets) take an ungodly amount to kill with the pistol while up close, and I got screwed up pretty bad.

The new rocket launcher sprite looks cool and I can tell it was from scratch.

The beating when your health is low is tensifying and scary and made me rush to get health.

Very good, I say excellent.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:39 pm

There should have been an option between Average and Very Good. What if you thought it was just 'good' but not 'very good' but better than average?

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Dean wrote:There should have been an option between Average and Very Good. What if you thought it was just 'good' but not 'very good' but better than average?

Mistake, I meant to have a "Good" option. Hopefully a mod can add one. Smile

Thanks for pointing this out.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

WolfForever wrote:
    Dean wrote:There should have been an option between Average and Very Good. What if you thought it was just 'good' but not 'very good' but better than average?

Mistake, I meant to have a "Good" option. Hopefully a mod can add one. Smile

Thanks for pointing this out.

An extra option has been added. Smile

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Thanks. Smile
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:19 pm

I finished RoM (quite a long time ago, actually) and must reaffirm an excellent here. There should have been different music, and more different skies, but the design quality is really high throughout. Play the first two levels of Wolfen60 and you might have a bit a deja vu even...I won't tell where though except it was a positive feeling.
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Schabbs Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 pm

I've received a new version from MCS Amsterdam. For now I'll mention it here. It's version 2.0 of Revival of Memories SDL. The excessive screen flickering ("tearing") has been eliminated completely by upgrading to version 1.7 of Ripper's SDL engine.

http://www.veracottis.co.uk/ROM_SDL.zip

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am