Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Chrono, levels for registered SOD

Poll

What's your thoughts towards this set of maps?

[ 2 ]
    Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_left50%Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_left0%Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_left25%Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_left25%Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_left0%Chrono, levels for registered SOD Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 4
    WolfForever

Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2010-12-05

Chrono, levels for registered SOD Empty Chrono, levels for registered SOD

Post by WolfForever Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:57 pm

I've been playing through a set of levels named "Chrono" for the registered SOD and am surprised that they never really received any attention. Sets with just new levels are very rare, and this one has been pretty good so far with only about 5 levels to go. A few levels are not so great (10 is basically the original Level 10 combined with E1L9 of Wolf3D, 13 is a slightly expanded lost eps level, etc.), but most seem to be nice "reimaginings" to the original SOD levels, but not to the point of feeling like copies of the original maps, and I felt there were a few good "new" designs as well in the earlier half. Anyways here's a link (under "Registered Spear", last in that section) and I'd be interested in what you think:

http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_ABC2.htm
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Chrono, levels for registered SOD Empty Re: Chrono, levels for registered SOD

Post by Schabbs Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:10 pm

I like this set of levels very much. Most of the time it feels like playing the original game but with different levels. The level design is of a high standard and it is well decorated. From what I remember, it came close to getting an award.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:48 am

Schabbs wrote:I like this set of levels very much. Most of the time it feels like playing the original game but with different levels. The level design is of a high standard and it is well decorated. From what I remember, it came close to getting an award.

Booenstein got an award that month instead. Probably was 2nd in the running. Didn't see any other polls about it so I guess it's just you personally liked Booenstein better (which is fine). I've played through almost the whole thing (Chrono) and your thoughts echo mine almost verbatim (with the exception of a few maps, which I already mentioned in first post).
    WolfForever

Post by WolfForever Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Well I finished playing this and I would have to say this is a very good set overall despite a few maps failing to meet the quality of others. Those maps for me were: 08 (symmetry), 10 (way to much of a homage), 13 (rips layout from Return to Danger, doesn't fit set at all). The rest felt totally like the original game but with new designs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:06 am