Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Wolf4SDL problem

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Wolf4SDL - Wolf4SDL problem Empty Wolf4SDL problem

Post by Per-Scan Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:56 am

Shock, horror! Noob has problems running port!!

I can't get Wolf4SDL running at all. I have the Activision 1.4 version of W3D and I have also downloaded the demo version. I obtained the correct versions of Wolf4SDL from the Chaos site but neither version would run asking for SDL.dll and SDL_mixer.dll. I placed these files in the directory and now I get this problem: "SDL_strlcat could not be located in the dynamic link in library" and the program doesn't load. I have googled around but I can't find a solution. Please help a Noob! Thanks in advance. Smile
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Wolf4SDL - Wolf4SDL problem Empty Re: Wolf4SDL problem

Post by Schabbs Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Not sure what's happened with the full version, but for the shareware version you can download Wolf3D with all the files included. It's at http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=5074&highlight+ .

There is also a list of SDL mods on the Dome that have all files included at http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/dosbox.htm . With these the exe and dll's in the mod should be compatible with each other.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks for the links - they're greatly appreciated. It seems either my SDL.dll or SDL_mixer.dll files were either out of date or corrupted. I'm now playing Wolf 3D on Windows again. Smile
    Jared_
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2013-10-04

Post by Jared_ Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:06 am

Hey guys, I know it's a really old post but I have the same problem. I downloaded the game from these links too and still get the "The procedure entry point SDL_strlcat could not be located in the dynamic link in library SDL.dll" I had no problems playing the game on XP but with Win 7 it's impossible. I downloaded sdl.dll and sdl_mixer.dll files, still doesn't work. Anybody has any idea what am I missing?
    Thanks in advance!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:56 pm