Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Wolf4SDL problem

Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Wolf4SDL problem

Post by Per-Scan on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:56 am

Shock, horror! Noob has problems running port!!

I can't get Wolf4SDL running at all. I have the Activision 1.4 version of W3D and I have also downloaded the demo version. I obtained the correct versions of Wolf4SDL from the Chaos site but neither version would run asking for SDL.dll and SDL_mixer.dll. I placed these files in the directory and now I get this problem: "SDL_strlcat could not be located in the dynamic link in library" and the program doesn't load. I have googled around but I can't find a solution. Please help a Noob! Thanks in advance. Smile

Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3037
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Re: Wolf4SDL problem

Post by Schabbs on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:22 pm

Not sure what's happened with the full version, but for the shareware version you can download Wolf3D with all the files included. It's at http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=5074&highlight+ .

There is also a list of SDL mods on the Dome that have all files included at http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/dosbox.htm . With these the exe and dll's in the mod should be compatible with each other.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper

Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan on Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks for the links - they're greatly appreciated. It seems either my SDL.dll or SDL_mixer.dll files were either out of date or corrupted. I'm now playing Wolf 3D on Windows again. Smile

Jared_
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 1
    Registration date : 2013-10-04

Post by Jared_ on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:06 am

Hey guys, I know it's a really old post but I have the same problem. I downloaded the game from these links too and still get the"The procedure entry point SDL_strlcat could not be located in the dynamic link in library SDL.dll" I had no problems playing the game on XP but with Win 7 it's impossible. I downloaded sdl.dll and sdl_mixer.dll files, still doesn't work. Anybody has any idea what am I missing?
    Thanks in advance!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:20 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:20 pm