Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup Empty Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:45 am

Hi!
    Today I modified to smilies so that:
    The :music: smiley is gone... it got corrupted by the Forumotion server crash, and now all it did was show a "missing picture" picture when used, so I removed it...

Also, I edited a few things, including the Index Page (also known as the main page, not the portal). Before, each category showed the "moderator" groups... I find it repetitive, and I decided to take the display off. Now there is more room to show the forum category name, and I think it makes things look better.

Now on the right hand side of the category, it not only shows the last posted in thread, it shows the whole title of the thread.

The post/siggy separator got removed.

I limited the amount of accounts created by a single I.P address to one.

I updated the default automessage to new members. It showed a broken link.

I edited the code for a few smilies. They look the same, it's just that for some, it's a little bit easier to "type in" the smiley face, rather than having to look for it through the tray of smiley-faces. For example, 3 question marks in a row shows a smiley face.
    confused

Also, all posts have a "share" option on the post... lick on it and a service to directly share that post to somewhere... for example, share to Facebook. Just click 3 times and BOOM, you are done.

Cheers!

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup Empty Thank you for the maintenance.

Post by stathmk Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Thank you for the maintenance.

I like that I’ve been a member of The Wolf3d Haven for a year and nine months and haven’t gotten a single piece of spam in my inbox, unlike some other message boards. I also like that you guys are nice and never take things very personally or say curse words.

I discussed math theories at mersenneforum.org . (A Mersenne prime is a number such as the prime equation 2^43,112,609-1, which is 12,978,189 digits and is for now the biggest prime at http://primes.utm.edu/primes/search.php !) Anyways, they allow a maximum of 1,000 personal messages on their web site’s inbox. I don’t know how hard it is to change The Wolf3D Haven server to allow 1,000 messages, but I think that we should have a larger number of private messages fitting in our inbox on wolf3d.darkbb.com. Wolf3d Haven looks like it has the same design layout as mersenneforum.org and maybe has the same internet service provider or domain name server.

I also think that we’re not able to send a private message to more than 1 person at once. I know that on some forums I can send a private message to as many as 5 at once. I think that we should be able to send a private message to 5 at once.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup Empty Re: Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:39 pm

Well, if I get the option to do all that, I will, for sure. However, right now the admin panel limits me to only 50 messages Sad

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup Empty Re: Smiley Faces Fix and Index Page Cleanup

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:34 am