Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+5
Dark_wizzie
noticen24
Nexion
doomjedi
Thomas
9 posters

Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings

Wolfenstein - Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings - Page 2 Empty Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

I heard about this great mod being developped here once but can't find any topic on it!!! scratch

Does anyone have info or screenshots or know if it is almost done yet?confused
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Wolfenstein - Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings

Post by Per-Scan Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:57 am

So, it's getting close then? Very Happy

If you need anybody else to play through before release feel free to drop me a PM. Smile
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Wolfenstein - Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolfenstein Umbrella Beginnings

Post by jayngo26 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks Per-Scan. But I prefer that you see the finished project. Very Happy

In the past I have only had two playtesters besides myself. Schabbs and an unmentioned source-one who helped extensively with coding help...

Fear not though, it is very close to release!

http://jayngoware.com/
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:38 am

^
    No worries. I'd rather play the finished thing anyway. I just thought I should offer my services... Smile
    BTW: Do you think you'll ever do a SDL release?
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark

Post by jayngo26 Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:05 am

Yes. Episode 3 will be converted to SDL, along with Episodes 1&2. Expect a major upgrade to the first two episodes, along with Ep3. It will take much work to convert the current WUB engine to SDL, so if anyone wants to help, it would be GREATLY appreciated...

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:17 am

Latest Update for Operation:End Epidemic

-Collection System Bug Fixed. Now, when you die in game, the collection counter is cached, so whether you reload your last save or restart the level with only the pistol and bullets, it remembers how many umbrella symbols you had collected up to the point of your death. So players have the freedom of reloading or starting the level over again without the collection counter resetting back to zero! Thanks to Nexion for this Epic fix. The final big bug has been killed. Squished into oblivion.

-Playtesting of Ep2 finished. Playtesting of Ep1 (just to make sure things still work) finished.
    -Removed "TAB" and MLI cheats. Sorry. I may release another exe a month or so from release for those of you who find the desire to cheat uncontrollably.

Release is imminent. Brace yourselves for full contact!

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:26 am

Fully braced! Can't wait. Smile
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:37 am

It's official! Operation:End Epidemic is released! You can find it here

Enjoy! And let me know what you all think! Cool

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:49 am

Downloading right now! Zombys
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am

jayngo26 wrote:
    -Removed "TAB" and MLI cheats. Sorry. I may release another exe a month or so from release for those of you who find the desire to cheat uncontrollably.

What? Must... cheat... uncontrollably... Zombys

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by Tenamk Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:40 am

Yes!! Finally!!

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Downloading!

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:23 am

Well, work OFFICIALLY began on Episode 3 a few days ago. I had compiled the Wolf SDL code months ago and messed around with outside atmosphere a little. As of right now I am taking all original WUB work and converting it to SDL. I will probably release the SDL version of Episodes 1 & 2 first (along with a teaser for level 1 of Episode 3 if I get enough of that done).

So far the SDL conversion process is going unbelievably easy. I have already converted all sounds, vgagraph, sprites, wall tiles from the original WUB to SDL-except for those involving coding changes. I have made some new wall and FLOOR tiles and they involve...snow...

I have done lot's of coding changes but most are the simple things like adding the silenced pistol/knife, making a larger ammo count, changing enemy hit points, adding heartbeat sound, changing all the border/menu colors, par times, fake hitler and ghost changes, etc, etc.

Time will tell how difficult it will be and what problems I will run into when I have to convert the meatier coding stuff (new enemy, new weapon, logfile, collectible counter stuff).

Oh, and I plan on making some SDL Coding Tutorials as I update my mod. This site needs more SDL stuff...

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:34 am

Sounds good. I'm glad it's, so far, easier than you feared. The snow aspect will be cool (have you seen Dead Snow by any chance? There's plenty of inspiration there!). As far as the log file stuff goes, if you run into trouble maybe Havoc could give you some pointers. As you no doubt know he implemented a logfile thing in Absence SDL (one of the best Wolf mods ever IMHO!). Anyway, good luck and keep us informed. I really enjoy hearing about the development of these things. Smile

Oh, and Zombys !
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Nice to hear you are working on SDL right now. It hasn't got the DOS version's engine limits Very Happy

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Yes, I was hoping for SDL when I downloaded the mod. Somehow managed to get it working on DOSbox, though.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 am

Dark_wizzie wrote:Yes, I was hoping for SDL when I downloaded the mod. Somehow managed to get it working on DOSbox, though.

It should work fine on dosbox and vdmsound. I suppose though, it depends on what rig you are running. I tested WUB on a Pentium 4, 2.53GHz with 768mb of ram and running xp home edition...

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:40 am

Ok. So a lot more has been updated with the conversion of WUB to SDL.

-All original graphics from Ep1 converted to sdl
    -Poison system coded into sdl (One minor glitch to solve)
    -Still adding original music back in to sdl version
    -Only a handful of minor coding changes to make
    -Still need to finish Logfile coding transfer.

So, Episode 1 is ALMOST completely converted to SDL format. Process is going FAIRLY smooth so far...

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:50 am

Good to hear. Smile

Are you planning on releasing it again on an episode by episode basis or are you going to hold off and release it as a full 3 episode game?
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 am

Per-Scan wrote:Good to hear. Smile

Are you planning on releasing it again on an episode by episode basis or are you going to hold off and release it as a full 3 episode game?

Once the WUB DOS source has been converted to SDL I am going to release Eps 1 & 2 in SDL form. Call it WUB Gold Edition or WUB SDL Edition or whatever. Eps 1 & 2 won't be changed except they will probably have floor/ceiling textures added in as an option. Also, depending how far along I am, with the WUB SDL release I will include a teaser/level from Episode 3...

Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Tenamk Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:37 am

Cool! I prefer Wub Gold Edition

Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Post by Per-Scan Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:12 am

Hey jayngo, how's the SDL conversion going? Still, going smoothly I hope. Zombie
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 am

Per-Scan wrote:Hey jayngo, how's the SDL conversion going? Still, going smoothly I hope. Zombie

Ah yes, the conversion. It's taken a bit of a dive lately. I almost have Episode 1 completely converted, however I am having some difficulties with transferring some of the original dos code. I also want to add some new features for Episode 3 that are currently stumping me, namely Advanced Sound Manager and +64 Wall Codes. It seems most good coders are busy with other stuff or just don't want to help right now.

So, I guess I just need to try and get through it.

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 pm

Aryan_Wolf3D has made quite a bit of walkthrough/100% videos of my Wolfenstein: Umbrella Beginnings series.

Check them out on his YouTube Channel: Aryan youtube channel

He's really good. Even better than me on some levels...and I made the games!

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male

Post by jayngo26 Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Aryan_Wolf3D has now completed all the 100% Walkthrough's of both Episodes 1 and 2 of Wolfenstein: Umbrella Beginnings. He did a very good job.

You can watch all of the videos here: Aryan's youtube channel

The videos to Episode 2 Level 3 and Episode 2 Level 8 are really good. Joseph makes very good use of the Uniform/Disguise on those levels. In fact, he virtually played Epsiode 2 Level 3 the EXACT way I had designed it to be played! Many of the levels he did much better on than myself!

Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Been a while since I've been here, is Jayngo still around? Where's my episode 3!?

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:43 pm