Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+16
ronwolf1705
Tenamk
WolferCooker
Per-Scan
Schabbs
Dean
Valts
PicNic
Andy
jayngo26
Unusedbattery
rgamesinc
doomjedi
lilmanjs
WLHack
Jonathan
20 posters

List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sum of ideas from all of the people who have posted:

-Wall Heights =) (Does that even work?!)
    -Vents to see down. (like the wall called grey brick vent, only the vent is large enough for you to see)
    -Interactive enviroment (sitting, grenade bounces off walls)
    -Multiplayer wolf3d
    -Walls that are not square( all walls in wolf3d are square, with almost same texures, except from a few)
    -On differant levels, (skills levels) the enemy changes due to skill level input. eg, if i put in can i play daddy, there is a guard, but if i put in i am death incarnate, there is no guard, but instead, a mutant or ss, lets say.
    -Also, putting in walking directions for patrolling guards is flawed. Other guards touching it will go the direction's way. there should be a seperate walking direction for each partolling guard
    -Why no patrolling deaf guards?!?
    -Walls with different textures on both sides?
    -Maybe a Nazi attacking a Nazi?
    -Music player playing ALL music?
    -Maybe add your own music In the jukebox?
    -How about you sit on a chair??
    -Shadows. And not just shadows that are part of the sprite. The shadow will overlap object/wall next to it looking from the one angle.
    -Smarter guards that dont move weird and custimizable so some can enter some locked doors and some can't, and some guards that can be designed to stay at one place for a few seconds instead of always moving patroling guards.....and guards that gets alerted when walking across a dead nazi graveyard of blood...
    -A quicksave feature. See, in End of Destiny, the saves could get used up. But with quicksave, you can't constantly reload from a save point, but you can quicksave when you need to leave the computer and play some other time. (When you load the quicksave, the quicksave disapears so you can't spam redoing the quicksave)
    -AoE. Some enemies' attacks are so strong, they hit BJ no matter where he is on the map. Some can do more or less based on distance in relation to the enemy, some hit the same damage. Some can decrease BJ's ability to reload, move, etc. AoE hits both players in Wolf3d multiplayer since it's AoE.
    -Wolf3d Multiplayer.
    -Some power to decrease the speed of time for the player
    -Some special weapons that are very powerful, but may only be used once in a while, with its ammo regenerating over time
    -Some power to decrease the speed of time for the player
    -Some special weapons that are very powerful, but may only be used once in a while, with its ammo regenerating over time
    -Enemies that do more damage sometimes, and the player must use a shield to survive
    -Enemies that are more vulnerable to some attacks at some time.
    -Music changing based on enemy performance and ability/powerups.
    -Enemies that ressurect enemies

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 am; edited 9 times in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty Axes

Post by stathmk Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:I'm going to add this to the list, already discussed - get the axe from the knight armor object and use it as a weapon. Smile
    I can't remember if it's a secret level or the last level of The False Spear where you get to use the space bar to pick up an axe off of the table for points, but for some reason you can't use it as a weapon. You also get to open a treasure chest in the wall by using the space bar in a different level. It's kind of like in some mods where you get to eat the food off of the table for health, or get health or ammo off of the shelves. You get to use the space bar to use the slot machines in Ken's Labyrinth. There are slot machines in Return to Dark Castle for The Macintosh, which is not a first person shooter game. One of my friends and I were discussing making slot machines like in Ken's Labyrinth for a Dark Castle first person shooter. At this rate, it will take years for the game to be finished. But Return to Dark Castle probably has axes and if you figure out the code, then tell me.

Dark_wizzie, were you one of the guys that had a Super Nintendo? Did you ever play Jurassic Park?
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty Re: List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Nintendo 64 or something, in like 1996. Not anymore.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty Re: get the axe from the knight armor object and use it as a weapon.

Post by stathmk Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:I'm going to add this to the list, already discussed - get the axe from the knight armor object and use it as a weapon. Smile
    This is the closest thing that I've found to it. Watch at 21:50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px7punxrLE0 in A Doll's House.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty Re: List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Interesting accent. Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty Pipe bombs, walk-through metal detectors, and bomb sniffing dogs

Post by stathmk Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 am

I went to a presentation last week for Unity3D.  It's a game making program.  He showed how to make an event trigger for a walk-through metal detector flash white and red when you are in it.  I think that this would be good for a Wolf 3D mod.

I know that Duke Nukem 3D has pipe bombs that can thrown and triggered.  What about any Wolf 3D mods?  Maybe there could be bomb sniffing dogs.  I once saw a Youtube video that I think was for Wolfenstein 3D Umbrella Beginnings.  You disguise yourself as a German by picking up the uniform off a coat rack.  Once you do this, it has code changes where the soldiers just stand in formation until you shoot or stab.  Maybe they could do this with an activated metal detector instead.
    Milanor
    Milanor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

Post by Milanor Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:59 am

Here are some of my suggestions.

• For weapons, one could have 3 modes of fire.  Single shot, Burst fire (if applicable - 3 or 4 rounds per shot), and Automatic.  There could be a button and a variable that keeps track of the mode the weapon is on.  For example, we could have the MP40 either be single shot, or automatic. 
    • Another idea is having a leveling system in a wolf3d mod, like BJ gets experience points (in addition to the total score) and there is a little progress bar underneath the total score which shows how much exp to get to the next level.  As BJ levels up, his stamina, fighting ability, and total health can rise as well as weapon damage (probably due to being more accurate with his shots).
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

Post by Officer-Michael John Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:55 am

Doom functions
    Experimental Chemical,respawn enemy:Like it The Lost
    Relic
    Alarming box:Like it Operation:Heimzahlung

I probaly adding a sitting guard in SDL than in Western Wall I,but I get a compiled errors.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 3 Empty Perspective Changing Features

Post by stathmk Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:46 am

I joined the Retro PC Gamers Facebook group where somebody posted a link to The Mobility mod for Half Life 2: https://www.moddb.com/mods/mobility-mod-for-half-life-2/videos  Before the link he said, “This mod adds Titanfall-insired wall running and crouch sliding to Half-Life 2.”  It adds other details too.  I noticed that there’s an Eisenfaust game where you can put on the Mechasuit and there’s floor-bobbing with each step.  The perspective reminds me that in Super Metroid, which isn’t a first person shooter, there’s an earthquake when the time bomb is set to go off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqMB02xMBU&t=07m30s  I have completed the SNES Super Metroid version, but not the Wii version.  I thought that I remembered in the SNES version in the room at 8 minutes and 35 seconds at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqMB02xMBU&t=08m35s that the room tilts by as much as about 20 degrees in the earthquakes.

What about Wolfenstein 3D perspective changing features like jumping off walls, wall running, crouch-sliding, jittery earthquakes, level-tilting earthquakes, or a time bomb where you have to leave the level or deactivate the bomb before it goes off?  I know that level 69 of All This And Wolf 3D has a timer, but not a bomb.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:42 pm