Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries

Princess Peach
    Princess Peach
    Don't Hurt Me!
    Don't Hurt Me!

Female
    Number of posts : 67
    Registration date : 2017-01-28

AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries Empty AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries

Post by Princess Peach on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:52 am

Here is a thread where AryanWolf3d can post all his amazing coding discoveries with the original wolf3d as plain english explanations for us! Stay tuned for things like "some actions don't work with only 1 tic", "128x128 maps can't hold the value of CalcHeight", "why the hell did Carmack do it this way, here's a better way" with random comments from Wolf3dguy like "they forgot to remove these sounds from the code" and "why didn't put this stuff all into one function" and many more errors or oversights!
    AryanWolf3D
    AryanWolf3D
    Black Cat
    Black Cat

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2020-02-26

AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries Empty Re: AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries

Post by AryanWolf3D on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:23 am

re: "128x128 maps can't hold the value of CalcHeight"

It's not really the mapsize, it's that there's no check to stop the height from decreasing too much over long distances. 128x128 is the size where this can start happening in normal levels, but I think it can happen with 64x64 too if you go outside the map.
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2019-02-16

AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries Empty Re: AryanWolf3d's amazing coding discoveries

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 am

Is this the "How to fux?" channel with AryanWolf3D?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 am