Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version

Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male
    Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2019-02-16

Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version Empty Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:06 pm

New mod release!

Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter is now available!
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3d-the-second-encounter/downloads/wolfenstein-3d-the-second-encounter

Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter Editor's Version is now available!
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-3d-the-second-encounter/downloads/wolfenstein-3d-the-second-encounter-editors-version

This mod bears with the features and maps of the MAC Wolfenstein 3D port in the skin of PC Wolf3D vanilla artstyle. So with all the serious effort that was put into this mod was to show some respect towards the original PC and MAC ports of Wolf3D! Since I think DOS modding is pretty much dead in the recent years, so I take some responsibility to make this mod, release it and with that make DOS modding lively again, but I cannot do this alone, so I will release the modding kit of this mod soon enough which will contain the source code and map definitions of almost every editors available, so people can use this mod as base to make their own mod, however if you do use this as base, please use proper credits! Thank You and have fun playing this mod!
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version Empty Re: Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:01 am

luke skywalker
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male
    Job : Network Analyst III
    Registration date : 2013-09-19

Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version Empty Re: Wolfenstein 3D The Second Encounter & Editor's Version

Post by luke skywalker on Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:31 pm

This is awesome dude  Very Happy Very Happy I have so much respect for the modders who not only release their graphics, audio and maps but the source also everything should be a learning experience to the less experienced wolf modders, I am going to dig into your mod right away :-) I agree DOS port needs to be resurrected true and classic Wolfenstein 3D. I am going to release everything for Operation: Arctic Wolf also once it is completed.
    Wolf3DGuy
    Wolf3DGuy
    Sturmgewehr
    Sturmgewehr

Male

Post by Wolf3DGuy on Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:30 pm

It's good to see few people who still cares about DOS and see some things the way I do, DOS Wolf3D and DOS mods are kinda dead, forgotten and nobody cares anymore for some reasons. Like ECWolf has WSAD movement, aspect ratio options or people just can't configure DOSBox these days and they don't even bother to look it up and learn how it works, they just wait for mods to be ported to SDL or ECWolf, even if it takes longer than learning how to configure DOSBox. And then on youtube, the second comment under almost every Wolf3D mod video is about "This mod should be ported to ECWolf" or someone wishing that "Every mod should be ported to ECWolf finally" without giving any particular reason or explanation of why it would be good or necessary, but you can see similar things anywhere else on the Internet, this isn't just a youtube only thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 am