Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right

reble
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Job : retired
    Hobbie : See message
    Message : I am a retired 2 way radio, tv, stereo, early vcr and Windows based repair tech. I hold an AA degree in electronics. I am an Amateur Radio Operator. And I fly R/C helicopters. I play computer games. I have a stack of MS-DOS games, including Wolf3D, that I play via the DosBox emulator.
    Registration date : 2015-06-20

Wolf3d - I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right Empty I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right

Post by reble Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:52 pm

I am having a problem getting the mapedit.exe to open the map files for Wolf3d.  See the attached file "mapedit.jpg".   Also when I try to change the "game_path" or the "floorfile_path" see attached file "game path.jpg".  I end up with the following in the 3rd attachment marked "game path error.jpg".  It doesn't matter what dir path I type in. I get the same error message. By the way my laptop os is Win7 home 32bit and I use the Dosbox emunlator. The Dosbox emunlator is a great prog.  I couldn't play the MSDOS games that I have on Windows without it.  Frustrated   Confusion 

Steve

Wolf3d - I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right Empty Re: I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:01 am

Last edited by    on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reble
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male
    Message : I am a retired 2 way radio, tv, stereo, early vcr and Windows based repair tech. I hold an AA degree in electronics. I am an Amateur Radio Operator. And I fly R/C helicopters. I play computer games. I have a stack of MS-DOS games, including Wolf3D, that I play via the DosBox emulator.

Wolf3d - I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right Empty Re: I have mapedit.exe for Wolf3d and it don't work right

Post by reble Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:54 pm

The game it self that I have works fine.
    reble
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Male

Post by reble Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Freshmen I looked at the zip file wolfstuf-zip. What are the differences between the Original Apogee version,
    Activision version and the UltraWolf version?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am