Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Empty Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:51 pm

The Wolfenstein 3D version of Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad episode 1 Serpent on the Mount has been released as three different game versions. Three maps are included. Each map is a slighty different version of the level. These are just maps and they require the full version of Wolfenstein 3D to play. The game contains the original Wolfenstein 3D Graphics. This was going to be submitted for Map of the Month Club Q1, but Ronwolf said it was too small and that other stuff needed to be updated. It is available at https://archive.org/details/jpb1991.

What do you people think of the maps? I will post a pic of the most recent game and map version on here. Think of these three games as a test version for the main mod that is coming out.

The endgame triggers have problems in version 1 and version 2. The endgame triggers were removed in version 3 and replaced with an elevator. Another version of this map is coming soon.

Notice that there is no Part II in this title. I think Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad VI and the full 60 level version of Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad deserves that title.

I still think it is a typical boss level.
    Atina
    Atina
    ABC-123
    ABC-123

Female
    Number of posts : 123
    Hobbie : Nitpicking
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Empty Re: Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released

Post by Atina Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:38 pm

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Jpb10

nice map, looks like female private parts

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Vagina-anatomy-10105267

even start point arrow is in correct position Very Happy

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Empty Re: Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 pm

It is suppose to be Baphomet the Satanic goat demon. It was also created to reflect a triangle. That was also the first version of the game I think.
    snuffi
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2013-08-09

Post by snuffi Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:16 pm

wolf3d rise of the triad???

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad was originally going to be created by Apogee as a sequel to Wolfenstein 3D. The Wolfenstein 3D name was dropped and it became Rise of the Triad. I am working on Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad as a prequel to Rise of the Triad.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Empty You make the most confusing story lines...

Post by stathmk Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm

You make the most confusing story lines that are a mashup of incompatible different themes.  Quit mentioning the devil and religious themes.  Quit mentioning conspiracies.  I think that a bad or long story line can make people lose interest in your mod very quickly.  You also plagiarized levels.  Dark_wizzie said that you just waste our time.  You're getting on our nerves and you're like a troll.

JPB, please find an additional hobby.

There’s an editor for Return of The Triad for Doom 2.  I think that I told you that and either you didn’t get the email or you didn’t care.  Doom 2 has depth and weird geometry that you might like for making Return of The Triad depth and geometry.
    snuffi
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2013-08-09

Post by snuffi Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 am

has "Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad" ever been released? or is this the ROTT that we all know?

on some websites are pictures of a title screen in "wolf3d style". an some screenshots of a wolf3d-like game with symbols fromm the ROTT game.. is anywhere a version to download? a older version of our ROTT??
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Triad - Wolfenstein 3D Rise of the Triad Serpent on the Mount Released Empty Re: Snuffi

Post by stathmk Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:21 pm

snuffi wrote:has "Wolfenstein 3D Part II Rise of the Triad" ever been released? or is this the ROTT that we all know?

on some websites are pictures of a title screen in "wolf3d style". an some screenshots of a wolf3d-like game with symbols fromm the ROTT game.. is anywhere a version to download? a older version of our ROTT??
    Rise of The Triad add-on for Wolfenstein 3D specs: http://www.3drealms.com/rott/originalspec.html  After re-reading this, I realize that JPB didn’t mistype "Sermon on The Mount" as "Serpent on The Mount."  The planned episode name was "Serpent on The Mount."

Some Wolfenstein 3D mods have ROTT graphics: http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/utilities.htm
    https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t1767-are-there-any-rott-mods-with-w3d-graphics

I bet that Apogee’s original Wolfenstein 3D Part 2: Rise of The Triad specs were outdated, glitchy, weren’t up to their standards, the technology changed quickly, copyright reasons, or maybe it’s none of our business why they didn’t use them.  I’ll give you some examples of canceled games.  I understand that Super Mario World for The Super Nintendo was originally going to be Super Mario Bros 4 for The NES but the technology changed quickly.  A Final Fantasy game was originally going to be for The NES, but they canceled it and made it for The Super NES.  Games were planned for The Super Nintendo CD add-on.  It was cancelled because of the quick technology changes that led to The Pioneer, CD-I, 3DO, and Playstation CD games.  Duke Nukem 3D or Forever had a leaked beta called LameDuke, but it was after Rise of The Triad.  I can just imagine something happened like that for Apogee’s Wolfenstein 3D Part 2: Rise of The Triad.  That's my opinion.

I majored in Computer Graphics Technology, which is very competitive.  If you are in Computer Graphics Technology, Computer Programming, or Computer Science, then there are game files, code, computer art, and etc that you don’t want released public or on your portfolio for copyright reasons, beta testing reasons, it’s outdated, personal reasons, or etc.  I can just imagine something happened like that for Apogee’s Wolfenstein 3D Part 2: Rise of The Triad.  That's my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:33 am