Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+15
WolferCooker
brickgolem
Milanor
stathmk
WLHack
Officer-Michael John
Wolfer Software
Dark_wizzie
Atina
OzNoG
Metalor
ronwolf1705
Andy
JDMGD0
lilmanjs
19 posters

Shadow Genesis

Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Empty Shadow Genesis

Post by Mega Luigi Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all.

This topic is about a new mod that is being created by me and my brother, Mario Maniac. Yeah, he is still alive, in case you are in doubt.

First of all, I feel like I should say that this game, like its predecessors, is based in nazis and demons. I understand some of you may not like the idea, but we do. Also, by predecessors, I mean its prequels, all of them. This one is centered in the same story and it involves elements of previous gameses. 

If you ever played an addon made by us or heard someone criticizing our style, you probably know how things are going to be developed. We enjoy a challenge, and we also enjoy the fact that this won't be a game that you will be able to finish in a couple hours.

Anyway, we've been working on it for a long time now, although we didn't work that much due to other stuff and whatever. Sprites, sounds, coding and all that stuff, except for maps and music, are already done. Like I said before, there are many level specific codings that are obviously yet to be done.

We didn't decide yet how many levels the game will have yet. We are just going on with the story, until it is the right time to end. I also think it is worth mentioning the maps are all 128x128. We always thought it was bad to have so many small claustrophobic rooms, but that was the only way to make big nice levels.

Obviously, I'm not spoiling much yet, but I can guarantee the game has a bunch of never seen before features.

After that wall of text, here are a bunch of screens, to show something that has been made already. I'll post more screens from time to time in here.

Official Beta Screenshots (latest released version as of now):

Shadow Genesis Part 1 Beta Download: (The forum inserts this adfly thing on the link. I can't do anything about that, so don't complain.)
    As bugs are found and fixed, I'll upload new patches here. You should download them as soon as possible. I'll also write what the bug is about.

Important things before you download this:

• You can press 'L' to see the ratios so far in the game.
    • The game is incomplete. What you will download is a demo version, which corresponds to the first part of a two part game. This part contains 39 levels. Whenever the full version is released, you WILL lose your savegame.
    • It's probably best not to play this on "I am Death Incarnate" unless you want some big suffering.
    • WolferCooker succeeded in completing the game, but that doesn't mean there are no bugs. In fact, I can almost guarantee there are.
    • If you get stuck somewhere and you feel like there is a bug that prevents you from completing it, it's better if you post it here so everyone can see it, and we can fix it if it's really a bug. If it's not a bug, I won't spoil anything and I won't give you the solution.

• There are no secret levels for now, although some "mechanisms" that would enable you to get to them are already in the game. That means there can be keys/switches/things that have no objective the way the game is now.
    • Although this should be obvious, READ the ReadThis section.
    • Achievements and mementos aren't in the game yet, even though the ReadThis describe them. Don't mind that, for now.

Full package (this has been updated and now links to the official beta version):
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/nnzijaw3aaehu13/Shadow_Genesis_Pt._1_-_Official_Beta.rar/file

Patches (no need to download any of them anymore. All of the patches have been included in the official beta version. The list of patches has been kept here purely as a log).

:

Full Game (upcoming, not to be released anytime soon):

(contains features not currently available on the official beta)

Small spoiler: Soul Orb Entrance

That's it for now. Cya.

Last edited by Mega Luigi on Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:12 pm; edited 36 times in total
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Empty Re: Shadow Genesis

Post by WolferCooker Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:39 am

That's the point of the 1st level, MJ. It's an ambush. If you do it right, you can kill all the enemies. It takes practice. I found a way to do so.

FYI, the Level 1 ambush was my idea years ago.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 332
    Hobbie : Video and Wolf 3D mode making
    Registration date : 2014-08-04

Post by Officer-Michael John Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Cool trap WolferCooker. Was idea. I doing too a something trap.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:19 pm

I watch a strange in Shadow Genesis. I playing today with Shadow Genesis and on 5th level. Saying the Officer and a this say:pacmanakkal (detail from text). You write a Hungarian word Mega Luigi? And not English word:with pacman.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Number of posts : 90
    Job : Chicken factory terminal worker
    Hobbie : Wolf 3d mods, Castlevania, Super Mario Bros games, Heavy Metal Music, Road Trip, Forest Walk, Mountain Climb, Facebook
    Registration date : 2014-11-24

Post by brickgolem Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Mega Luigi and WolferCooker, have you noticed the incoming monologue in the middle of Level 5 (Shipwreck Visit)? With bad English grammar and initials "MJ" at the end of the quote?

Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:21 am

Yes. I watch a my initials name:MJ.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:01 am

Yeah, I noticed it. He is just a spy defecting the nazi army.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:20 pm

There is another patch, again. It fixes a bug with a secret weapon.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 pm

The image of a Nazi Spy point my picture on it profile. XD. And BJ of Warrant officer (Robert English).
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:50 am

Argh, it seems when I posted the patch here, the clickable text was correct (in the editing post window, at least), but it was redirecting to patch 005 again. Sorry about that, I just can't get used to how the links are dealed with in this forum Evil or Very Mad Cool
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:48 am

I like it an usable static object for mounted weapon. But I don‘t know how to doing,that from all weapon out ammo and then I know using a mounted weapon. Please you help Mega Luigi.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:56 am

I found a some bugs on level 6:

If you see a Chaingun guard I'll shoot you then change to cutter.
    I killed a flamethrower guard in original and I play with Patch 6 then will be fire. And this damage for Me.
    There's a fire when you shoot it turns into a flamethrower guard.
    I appointment with Iron Knight if kill a Me then quit from mod.

I play with Patch 6 and I found these errors.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male
    Hobbie : Wolf 3d mods, Castlevania, Super Mario Bros games, Heavy Metal Music, Road Trip, Forest Walk, Mountain Climb, Facebook

Post by brickgolem Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:34 am

Damn! Just as I'm near to finish this mod, I feel I'm getting stuck right in the moment at the end of Level 37 (Mancubica Part II - Fields of Punishment). If it is a bug or not, is not clear, but here is my explanation:

I'm now at the climax on the Level 37, where you are in a closed area with the black pond where a giant egg must be destroyed in order to proceed the level, with a lots of missile/shotgun ammunition around it. And here's the problem:

Is this egg really invulnerable? I've tried to shoot with my rocket launcher/panzerfaust and picked up all of them on the area (including Snake's ammo), but there's no reaction from the egg.

And how is it possible? Snake has been warped outside the wall where the egg is laying, and I found a hidden pathway through the wall. (you cannot see the pathway in the wall, but you can walk through it.)
    Outside the wall, I see Snake running constant on the black water, and when I try to change Snake's direction by touch him, he will either stand still and shoot on the wall like he's not hitting the egg at all. I cannot get Snake inside the wall.

And also, there's a single gray tile at the egg on the pond. If you shoot at it, the tile will change another position on the pond.

Overall, is it a bug or not? Please help me, Mega Luigi.Confusion

I'll send a save game file from the situation where I'm now, pluss the other one I've told you earlier from the Level 25 (Underworld).
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:52 am

- Did you waste your rocket ammo? Fire 3 rockets before picking up a crate. This is one scenario where you must not waste ammo by picking up more than what you fire with. Always works for me using that solution even if Snake bugs out.

Now I told Luigi during testing that Snake bugs out sometimes. Best case scenario is to make a last save point before you get to the area to destroy the egg and reload from there.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:50 am

Heya, sorry for making you go through this. I'll try to address the level 37 thing first since it's more urgent.

I just checked your savegame. Just to confirm, you were playing using patch 005, right? No problem on that, since nothing related to that was changed on patch 006. Anyway, after using pretty much all your ammo, the egg was destroyed. It has a lot of hitpoints, yeah, but it is not invulnerable. Of course that wasn't the idea, since Snake's supposed to be helping. It's true that WolferCooker had warned me about Snake. The problem was, even though I knew Snake would bug at some times, I could never reproduce it for some reason, so it became hard to test it. I coded some workaround on what I thought that could be the cause, but it seems it was not.

There might be something different on this case, though. What you called as a "secret pathway" is actually a "hole" made by Snake. It means he walked over a wall and the "blocking information" was erased, enabling you to cross it. It was never meant to be a secret pathway of any kind, nor was Snake meant to walk over walls. That is something that definitely needs to be fixed. What causes Snake to keep running from one side to the other is the fact that he can't reach his target's tile (the egg, in this case). That, combined to the fact that he went outside the closed room, made the situation a weird and buggy.

As for the gray tile, that's the tile Snake's target is in, just like when he was walking with you. You must've noticed the color also changed according to the command you gave. That gray color was merely to represent his Demolisher command.

I'll try to fix these things right now. And as soon as you confirm which patch you were using, I'll edit your savegame so that you can proceed and do not have to wait for the fix.

By the way, I appreciate the amount of details you gave, that was very helpful Smile
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Oh, didn't I mentioned which patch I'm using? It's patch 005.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Ok, good to know. It took me until now to successfully make the savegames of patch 005 compatible with the version of our code as it is now. Usually, we are quite careful when doing drastic changes to avoid losing the compatibility. Turns out some things we changed recently changed the way the game interprets the data, and I didn't realize that would happen. That's all good now, I'll think of some quick fix for the Snake running thing, then I'll look deeper on why he walked over the wall.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Heya,

There's been some changes. It took me some time since I had to rewrite some of the target finding routines for Snake. Before, Snake chased his targets based precisely on the tiles the target was standing on. Since the egg is floating in the middle of the black swamp, he could never reach those tiles and kept running back and forth. Now, he should consider all the tiles in a radius, meaning he should be able to find a tile he can step on. I've also changed a tweaked a bit other stuff related to how he chooses his directions.

About he crossing walls, I've also changed a bit the way he decides if it's a blocked tile or not. I can't be really sure if he will still cross the walls since I always have some hard time reproducing that bug. I may play level 37 as a whole again and see if I notice any strange behavior. You guys wouldn't believe how many weird things I saw when I first played it, and I used to think that Snake was working flawlessly. Still, for the time being, I'll upload this patch number james, hopefully that will be better at least.

Brick, I've sent your savegame to your e-mail. I re-spawned Snake near you, and he should help you destroy the egg now. I really wouldn't want you to have to use all your ammo to destroy it. You should also download the patch, hopefully that will make Snake less bug prone (and you might even help me test it, mwahah Twisted Evil ).

Edit: Ah, I'm not sure if this was happening on previous patches, but Snake's shotgun was never meant to shoot syringes tongue. That graphic was there merely as a tool to help me see the trajectory of the shots. That shouldn't happen anymore, though.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:45 pm

See I TOLD YOU Snake was shooting syringes!
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:51 pm

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Tumblr_mt5ri0lP8i1sitfoko1_1280

You liar!

Lol, jokes aside, I believed you back there. Actually, I thought I had fixed it already. Now, when I went to look, I realized I had changed Snake's pistol shots instead of the shotgun shots You dumbo!.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:49 am

Hooray. Thank you, WolferCooker and Mega Luigi, for the help and advice. It feels great when you come to next level locked & loaded and full of ammos. Onward to Shadow Trials.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:22 am

Don't mention it Smile 

Anyway, I uploaded another patch fixing the level 25 message and updating Snake's behavior again. I think he won't cross any walls anymore. I played at least half of the level and didn't notice anything wrong, so it should be at least way better.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:35 pm

Officer-Michael John wrote:I found a some bugs on level 6:

If you see a Chaingun guard I'll shoot you then change to cutter.
    I killed a flamethrower guard in original and I play with Patch 6 then will be fire. And this damage for Me.
    There's a fire when you shoot it turns into a flamethrower guard.
    I appointment with Iron Knight if kill a Me then quit from mod.

I play with Patch 6 and I found these errors.

Hey Mega Luigi you don‘t fixing a this bug a what I found in Patch? If need then I send to for you in e-mail.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:48 am

Sincerely, I have no idea of what you said.

Edit: I've removed something from the level 30. There were some triggers for events that are not there, what could cause some problems. There's a new patch for that.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:23 pm

I watch an Iron Knight on 6th level and a not Super Soldier.
    I found a fire and a not dead Flamethrower guard.
    If I picked up a Flamethrower and I don‘t get a Flamethrower as in Wolf 3D. (I picked up a Chaingun and then I get a Chaingun).

I like from you a Wolf 3D videos. I am Wolf 3D fan. I naking a Wolf 3D videos. Exaple:You and you brother (Mario Maniac) mod:The Lost Relic.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Mega Luigi and WolferCooker, take a look on the topic in "Sounds and Graphics".
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:36 am

How to I know adding a next features from Shadow Genesis?:

-Timer Display
    -Experimental Chemical
    -Radio Message
    -Screen Lock
    -Other player

I‘m austic and so Me need they help. If I fixed a bug then become bad.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:45 am

You guess what, everyone has their own problems. You being autistic doesn't obligate anyone to help you, neither it gives you an excuse to do whatever you want.

This is no "code request" or anything of the sort thread nor this is the right section for such inquiries. This is not the first time you go off-topic for reasons that only seem to interest you. If you want to ask something, then do it on your own topic at the correct section instead of misusing other people's topics.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Empty Please forgive me

Post by stathmk Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:32 am

Mega Luigi wrote:You guess what, everyone has their own problems. You being autistic doesn't obligate anyone to help you, neither it gives you an excuse to do whatever you want.

This is no "code request" or anything of the sort thread nor this is the right section for such inquiries. This is not the first time you go off-topic for reasons that only seem to interest you. If you want to ask something, then do it on your own topic at the correct section instead of misusing other people's topics.
    Officer-Michael John, please forgive me for asking this.  Do you understand what Mega Luigi is typing or are you dyslexic with learning English?  The conversations involving you are getting confusing & I'm not sure if you always understand what everybody is trying to mean.

So I think that for now on I'm going to post only on the topic of Shadow Genesis for this thread.  I think that I'll play Shadow Genesis when I get notified that it's completely finished & that all the patching or bug-fixing is done.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:26 am

stathmk wrote:Officer-Michael John, please forgive me for asking this.  Do you understand what Mega Luigi is typing or are you dyslexic with learning English?  The conversations involving you are getting confusing & I'm not sure if you always understand what everybody is trying to mean.

So I think that for now on I'm going to post only on the topic of Shadow Genesis for this thread.  I think that I'll play Shadow Genesis when I get notified that it's completely finished & that all the patching or bug-fixing is done.

Well, regarding that, it's quite likely that some bugs will remain even after so many tests, specially considering we are always changing things (since that version is a beta), although it's certain that we fixed a lot of things during those tests.

Also, this beta version we released is the first part of the game, but it is a (long) game on it's own. This part is finished, having the final boss and its ending. The second part is going to be played from the start of the game, meaning the game wouldn't keep going on after level 39, which is the last level in this beta. I suppose you can consider those two parts as being almost two different games in one. The point in that is to explain the events you see in the first part, which you never get to understand why, and that's intended, and to conclude the whole plot of the game. Think of it like Resident Evil 6's campaigns, in case you're familiar with it.

I'm not quite sure if by "completely finished" you mean the two parts or just the "official release" of this beta. If you mean the former, that can (and will) take some long time before it happens. If you mean the latter, then I don't think it'll be too long to release the "official beta version", and even though I can't guarantee it'll be bug free, I'll be always available to help and correct any problem that appears without you losing your savegame.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Now it seems very obvious. I had a vision during the gameplay, that either the second part of the game should continue after level 39, or start on the beginning, just with an another protagonist.

So that means after all: it is Snake which is the character on the second part you shall play with?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:31 pm

So that means after all: it is Snake which is the character on the second part you shall play with?

Based on arming Snake with only a pistol and shotgun, it seems highly doubtful. This is BJ freakin' Blazkowicz's game.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:42 am

In a way, you're right, brick. You'll get to play with both of them on the second part.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Heya people,

At the current stage, I think most of the major bugs have already been fixed on this beta version. That is a good thing, and we will consider the last patch as of now as the official beta version of the game. The bad part is that we won't update it anymore, since the source code of the game has already been through drastic changes recently, and savegame compatibility would be lost.

Another thing, I would like to hear some opinions regarding the difficulty of the game. Was there any part that was too hard due to the lack of ammo and/or health? If you wish to comment on anything else too, feel free to do it.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:37 am

As far I know, since I completed the game two and a half weeks ago, I feel that it was the best wolf3d mod I played ever since.

The balance of ammo, health and enemies, plus the gun powder resources was perfectly blended together. Even there were some circumstances that requires some more gunfight and more ammos, it was great that it lays a lot of goodies afterwards, which in that case, I didn't worry about my ammo/health collections. A huge step from "The Lost Relic".

Another thing which impressed me was the 8-directionals of nearly all demons and their pain state. For example, with my chain gun, I can easily gun down a cacodemon without strafe behind a wall each time it spits a thunderball at me.

During the enemy types I've met, I always categorized which weapons suits best to dispatch enemies. I mean, if you meet a SS Captain or a Ubermutant, you use a chain gun, and you win back mostly of your chain gun ammo.

So overall, in my opinion, from start to goal, there's no lack of ammo/health throughout the walkthrough.

And speaking about the walkthrough, I've liked all the levels, despite the difficulties, so it's very difficult to choose which is my favorite levels. Combined with aunthetic music, sounds, dialogues, bosses, puzzles etc., it is more than a gameplay. IT IS LIKE A MOVIE, which make you deep dive into the world BJ is encountered. Never I've had met a game long time ago which gives me feeling, emotions, shocks, surprisements and a heart restarter (looks I've got to put myself a pacemaker.) than when I play Shadow Genesis. Definitely want to play it for my whole lifetime, and I looking forward for the second part of the game.Very Happy:cheers:.

PS: I've played on patch 5.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:18 pm

It one little problem. I play on 6th level. I picked a 3 key. I probaly killing a boss, but I don‘t killing a boss because if He kill a Me then quit from mod. I use a Patch 006.
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:14 pm

Officer-Michael John wrote:It one little problem. I play on 6th level. I picked a 3 key.  I probaly killing a boss, but I don‘t killing a boss because  if He kill a Me then quit from mod. I use a Patch 006.

No one has ever mentioned that happening, nor I have seen it happening. I'm starting to think your files are corrupted somehow.

@brickgolem: wow, didn't expect all that. I'm really happy to hear that, it's nice to know things were balanced in the end. And even nicer to know the combination of resources used during the levels were that good. It was indeed the intention to make it somehow like a movie, we've given a lot of importance to the plot and the "personalization" of the characters. Thanks a lot for the compliments Cool. We'll try our best to make the second part at least as good as the first.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:55 pm

I've taken a step back from Shadow Genesis, but as I've told Mega this so many times, this mod never fails to disappoint. Instantly the best mod he and Mario made to date. I still believe a few of my ideas helped it become a lot better than it was originally supposed to be.

It's been a honor working with him on this in some shape or form. This is was well worth waiting for 7 years.
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

Post by Officer-Michael John Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:14 am

How to killing a Boss on level 6?
    Officer-Michael John
    Officer-Michael John
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Empty Shadow Genesis‘s floor/ceiling texture

Post by Officer-Michael John Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:14 am

Hey Mega Luigi! Where I know founding a floor/ceiling textures as in Shadow Genesis? This good for Me if you say, that what from Wolf 3D mods/games exporting.
    Mario Maniac
    Mario Maniac
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2016-04-18

Post by Mario Maniac Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:28 pm

It's a shame my first have to be like this, but enough is enough.

Michael John, first off, I'm aware you are autistic. You asked so many times for help already, even though my brother told you we couldn't help. Despite all warning, you still ignored them, and every once in a while you come here and ask for help again.

I don't know if you don't understand what people tell you, or if you choose to ignore, or you simple don't care, or you pretend you understood when you didn't. Being very honest, I think you have some trouble noticing other people's point of view. I saw your help threads, and very frequently you complain about a bug without saying what you did or what you are trying to do, simple stating you want it work like in some game. People are not magicians to guess what's wrong with your code, neither they will play or have played the game you're talking about.
    I admire your persistence while trying to code things, but you must want to learn. You must try to improve yourself, not simple saying it doesn't work until someone code it for you, and you copy/paste it into your own game. You will never learn this way, and this is one reason of why people get annoyed.

Now, that was the nice part of this message. I don't know how many times you sent my brother messages asking for help, but as I said, after some time, you ignore them and start doing it again.
    That would be more or less okay if you were actually trying.
    But, not long ago, we watched one of your teaser videos of your upcomming mod, where you not just copied features from our mods, you also copied rooms directly from Lost Relic and Shadow Genesis. Same walls, same enemies, same objects. I recognized the central room from Hitler's Limbo and white room from the level Shipwreck Visit.
    In other words, you are replicating our game. But not you, because all you do is ask others to do the work for you. Including ourselves right now. So you see... you came here asking our help to basically plagiarize our own work. Do you really expect to get any help this way?

Let me say, we won't help you. You killed any possible chance of receiving our help in the future by doing this. If you wanna replicate the game, fine. But at least, have the guts of doing it yourself, and take responsability for your actions.

Wolf is a nice community. People often use other people's enemies, objects, sounds... and I find most interesting what can be done with the same material, comming from different heads.
    What you're doing is different. You're using other people to do the work for you, and you are creating nothing. You want to copy things to make a thing exactly like the original, claiming as you own, and I just can't see the purpose. I really can't.

Again, I know you are autistic, but that does not give you free pass to do whatever you want. You must follow some social rules, but you don't. You get warned, and you do it again. You get warned again, and you do it yet again. And again and again...

Until you learn a bit about how to behave yourself, don't waste your time posting here again. All of those things have been told you by my brother some months ago. This is the last time, because we are aware now that it's completely useless talking to you.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Hate to break it to you Mario but stathmk already gave him a warning a while back. I believe it's time he gets banned.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Empty FINAL WARNING.

Post by stathmk Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Mario Maniac wrote:It's a shame my first have to be like this, but enough is enough.

Michael John, first off, I'm aware you are autistic. You asked so many times for help already, even though my brother told you we couldn't help. Despite all warning, you still ignored them, and every once in a while you come here and ask for help again.

I don't know if you don't understand what people tell you, or if you choose to ignore, or you simple don't care, or you pretend you understood when you didn't. Being very honest, I think you have some trouble noticing other people's point of view. I saw your help threads, and very frequently you complain about a bug without saying what you did or what you are trying to do, simple stating you want it work like in some game. People are not magicians to guess what's wrong with your code, neither they will play or have played the game you're talking about.
    I admire your persistence while trying to code things, but you must want to learn. You must try to improve yourself, not simple saying it doesn't work until someone code it for you, and you copy/paste it into your own game. You will never learn this way, and this is one reason of why people get annoyed.

Now, that was the nice part of this message. I don't know how many times you sent my brother messages asking for help, but as I said, after some time, you ignore them and start doing it again.
    That would be more or less okay if you were actually trying.
    But, not long ago, we watched one of your teaser videos of your upcomming mod, where you not just copied features from our mods, you also copied rooms directly from Lost Relic and Shadow Genesis. Same walls, same enemies, same objects. I recognized the central room from Hitler's Limbo and white room from the level Shipwreck Visit.
    In other words, you are replicating our game. But not you, because all you do is ask others to do the work for you. Including ourselves right now. So you see... you came here asking our help to basically plagiarize our own work. Do you really expect to get any help this way?

Let me say, we won't help you. You killed any possible chance of receiving our help in the future by doing this. If you wanna replicate the game, fine. But at least, have the guts of doing it yourself, and take responsability for your actions.

Wolf is a nice community. People often use other people's enemies, objects, sounds... and I find most interesting what can be done with the same material, comming from different heads.
    What you're doing is different. You're using other people to do the work for you, and you are creating nothing. You want to copy things to make a thing exactly like the original, claiming as you own, and I just can't see the purpose. I really can't.

Again, I know you are autistic, but that does not give you free pass to do whatever you want. You must follow some social rules, but you don't. You get warned, and you do it again. You get warned again, and you do it yet again. And again and again...

Until you learn a bit about how to behave yourself, don't waste your time posting here again. All of those things have been told you by my brother some months ago. This is the last time, because we are aware now that it's completely useless talking to you.
    I had forgotten to post some things here 2 nights ago.

I sent to Officer-Michael John a link to https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/n3449-mod-makers-who-plagiarize-any-more-will-be-banned on March 1 & asked him if he read & understood it.  Then on March 2 he messaged me back that he did.  If I find a plagiarized file from him dated on March 2 or afterwards then I’ll ban him.  If I find a video on his Youtube page that he posts on March 2 or afterwards where somebody can pinpoint where he plagiarized from, then I’ll ban him.

His messages to me are confusing with the grammar & I don’t think he understands what’s going on.  I don’t want to understand any more of how he thinks than I already do.

Officer-Michael John, this is your final warning.  If you don’t understand what’s going on, then stop making mods.  STOP.  STOP.  STOP.

Sorry, it’s off topic.  I want to play Shadow Genesis tomorrow between shifts.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi Mario! Welcome aboard. Very Happy
    Mario Maniac
    Mario Maniac
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 46
    Registration date : 2016-04-18

Post by Mario Maniac Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:26 pm

WolferCooker wrote:Hate to break it to you Mario but stathmk already gave him a warning a while back. I believe it's time he gets banned.
    Heya. I told stath I didn't want to get Michael John banned because we had no proof of what he did, since he deleted the videos. And even if he didn't, until he releases it, I wouldn't consider it a plagiarism, though I have a strong feeling that many of his maps were copied entirely or in parts from other games. The design style just doesn't match in some cases.
    And your avatar is Link Nukem, isn't it? I remember seeing it in a video before.

Chokster37 wrote:Hi Mario! Welcome aboard
    Hej! Good to see you still alive. Last time I talked to you was in the MSN times. Hope your hair is not white yet.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:50 am

Mario, it is known at DHW that Michael John did plagiarize a piece of work from someone else in one of his mods and that someone was not happy about it.

Your brother may have told you things differently before you came aboard here, but based on all the posts Michael John has made here, it is clear as day to me he does not respect other peoples work and wants others to do the dirty work (coding) for him.

As I've said once already, I was like that when I first started out here. I ended up pissing off the legendary WSJ. Never talked ever since.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

John - Shadow Genesis - Page 4 Empty WSJ?

Post by stathmk Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:58 am

WolferCooker wrote:Mario, it is known at DHW that Michael John did plagiarize a piece of work from someone else in one of his mods and that someone was not happy about it.

Your brother may have told you things differently before you came aboard here, but based on all the posts Michael John has made here, it is clear as day to me he does not respect other peoples work and wants others to do the dirty work (coding) for him.

As I've said once already, I was like that when I first started out here. I ended up pissing off the legendary WSJ. Never talked ever since.
    Please tell me more about this Wolf Skevos Jones person.  He may have left Diehard Wolfers before I was ever on it?

On the Shadow Genesis topic, I've made it to level 2.  I wait until the lights are turned off, then I leave the cell, I must be doing something wrong, & I accidentally blow my cover by running into a German.  I wonder if somebody could come up with a mod where you get to turn lights on for specific rooms.
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:16 am

I hope that WSJ will forgive you one day, WolferCooker.

The last mod WSJ released, was I think at the end of 2009, Castle Totenkopf SDL, probably same day The Lost Relic was released. Since then, we haven't heard about him.Neutral
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Mega Luigi Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:33 pm

WSJ is probably one of the best creators out there. I remeber he once said something about working on some other game, but it was very long ago and I have no idea wether he continues working on it or not. Hopefully, he will release something someday. For both me and Mario, his game, Project Eisenritter, was a masterpiece at that time, and is one of the reasons we are still creating mods today. It was one hell of an inspiration.

About Michael-John, well, I think you may be right. But still, we really can't do much without any proof.

@stath: Did you pick your weapon and radio already? If you didn't, then that's how it's supposed to be. You can't be seem until that point, meaning you have to walk stealthily. And what you mentioned is also possible. There's a tutorial somewhere that implements some kind of lighting system, which Wolf doesn't have. The "lights off" in that case is just a different shade. You could definitely turn lights off in specific places if using that tutorial.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male

Post by WolferCooker Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:38 pm

@stath:

You can't kill the guards while you have the knife or else you'll blow your cover. Can't be spotted either. You have to sneak. You have to observe their pattern movements and get the timings down when sneaking.

I can tell you for a fact that you will roughly spend the first 5 minutes (timer on the top right corner of screen) with just the knife.

@Mega:

MCS Amsterdam is the guy who created the lighting system as far as turning lights on/off with a switch. See Spear End of Destiny. I think there's an old DOS tutorial for that on AReyeP's website (if it's still active)
    brickgolem
    brickgolem
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Male

Post by brickgolem Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:25 am

Stathmk, it is strongly recommended that you play Shadow Genesis on lowest difficulty (Can I play, Daddy?). You will soon learn that further your walkthrough progress, the more difficult it is, and you will lose your life several times, and I mean, SEVERAL TIMES. Save often.Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:50 am