Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5?

Poll

Where does your interest lie?

[ 0 ]
    Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_left0%Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_left0%Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_left14%Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_left29%Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_right [29%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_left43%Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_right [43%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_left14%Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 7
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2012-04-05

Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Empty How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5?

Post by Metalor Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 am

I just wanted to know how many people were interested in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5 is all. I haven't had a single entree entered in yet since the mod's original release date, and I just wanted to know if people were actually interested in the contest or not.

Your comments are welcome.
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Empty Re: How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5?

Post by ronwolf1705 Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:44 am

The problem for me is that the requirements are close to impossible for me. I have never been a 100% 'searches for every secret' player and I'm also not someone who constantly replays a mod. I would love to do a map for your mapset, but that I win such a spot by completing one of the challenges is pretty much impossible. Razz

Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? MMCS0206
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Guns - How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5? Empty Re: How interested are you in the contest for Guns and Glory 0.5?

Post by doomjedi Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 am

That's exacly my reaction as well.
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 am

Hmmm. Well, mayhaps I'll have to "ease up the load" eventually.

Tell you what, After the month's release, if more people suggest the same fault with the contest, I'll reveal one of the cheatcodes to the public. Who knows, if all goes worse for wear, maybe I'll just allow a mappack to be released.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 am

I just cannot understand how you've not replaced the original guards. They look so out of place (especially with the purple pixels here and there)... Anything else is just really great, the sounds, the music, the overall textures and their flow. The original guard just seems awkward to me.
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 am

Maybe I'll make a graphics patch, there are a few sprites in there that I wouldn't mind modifying.

I think I'll redo the Guard, SS, and Officer though. I just wanted to keep them for the sake of keeping to the original game.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 pm

It's good that you respect the original game, you can easily add either the Spear Resurrection guards (which seems to be the best alternative out there) or just recolored original-looking guards. But that's all up to you.
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes, well, ever since I finished the 2nd release, I've been bored out of my mind. Perhaps this will keep me entertained. I was hoping that user contributions would have poured in, but it seems that there's not much incentive for players to push through my game on Hard and try for the contest prizes.

Perhaps some editting of the sprites and a few preview screenshots of what players are missing might entice them to think otherwise.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:50 pm

The contest is an interesting concept, but not something I personally would attempt. For reasons I don't want to get into I only play games on easy skill (or using the cheats on higher skill levels), so my entry would not qualify regardless. In time I hope you do release an editors version as I would like to see what guys like Ron or Serpens could do with your game. Best of luck with this
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Too bad Serpens hasn't been around for a long time.....
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

It is a pity, I did have quite high hopes for the contest.

Well, I'll still be making modifications to the game until the Music EXE release, then I'll put it aside and be done.

I think I'll update the graphics, the music, re-release and if(when) I win the dome award, I might as well let players try out the new level I made for the game for the Contest. It'd be a shame if that level went to waste, I rather enjoy it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am