Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Adding more walls through ChaosEdit

jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Adding more walls through ChaosEdit Empty Adding more walls through ChaosEdit

Post by jayngo26 Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Ok. I use ChaosEdit. I have added two additional walls already. But, I did that when I was using FloEdit. Flo corrupted all my sprites one day. Since then I use Chaos. I was able to import the walls I added from FloEdit into ChaosEdit. Here is the question. I read in FloEdit help that you could add up to 64 new walls? But then I read somewhere you could only add 15 new sets (vertical/horizontal). What is right? How do I add more walls through ChaoEdit? Do I need to change the code? When I added the two new walls before I didn't change anything in the code. Please, help me again!!

Almost forgot. Technically I didn't add new walls. I replaced the fake door and door excavation walls with my new ones (as suggested by FloEdit). So, how do I add new walls?? Thanks.
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Adding more walls through ChaosEdit Empty Re: Adding more walls through ChaosEdit

Post by Nexion Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:25 am

Add the wall textures (horizontal/vertical) right before the first door texture. Modify the lists.txt and that's it. I think the new wall set is number 52 or so. Adding walls works fine until you hit number 64. Then you need code changes or the game displays the wrong texture.
    jayngo26
    jayngo26
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 643
    Job : Partime Evil Semi-Genius Plotting To Take Over Half The World. Partime Undead Charged With Keeping the Darkness Dark
    Hobbie : Staying Out Of Sunlight
    Message : Wolfenstein:Umbrella Beginnings Episode 2 released! Download now!

Registration date : 2008-08-09

Adding more walls through ChaosEdit Empty Re: Adding more walls through ChaosEdit

Post by jayngo26 Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Once again, I thank you Nexion. It worked like a charm. You will definitely be mentioned in the thank you screen of my mod for all of your helpful work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 pm