Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...


    Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Share

    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

    Number of posts : 24
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

    Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Unusedbattery on Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:45 pm

    Hello again! I have recently downloaded the Wolf4SDL source code and got a compiler called "Bloodshed Dev C++" It always complains about having errors when there's nothing wrong with the code. So anyway, does the Wolf4SDL code have to be compiled with Microsoft Visual C++? Or what.

    Nexion
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 216
    Age : 111
    Location : Dimension of Anti-Time
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Message : Planet N
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Nexion on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:42 am

    I assume you have successful installed DevC++ Version 4.9.2.2 with MinGW and the 
    SDL Devpak form chaos-software.
    Run DevC++ and open the Wolf4sd.dev project file. Right-click on it and choose project options. Then 'directories', 'inlude directory' and edit the include/sdl path to match yours. Now it should compile without any problems. 
    At least if I haven't forgotten anything important.
     
    Besides Visual C++ you can also try CodeBlocks. I tried CodeBlocks yesterday and it works.

    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

    Number of posts : 24
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Unusedbattery on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm

    @Nexion wrote:I assume you have successful installed DevC++ Version 4.9.2.2 with MinGW and the
    SDL Devpak form chaos-software.
    Run DevC++ and open the Wolf4sd.dev project file. Right-click on it and choose project options. Then 'directories', 'inlude directory' and edit the include/sdl path to match yours. Now it should compile without any problems.
    At least if I haven't forgotten anything important.

    Besides Visual C++ you can also try CodeBlocks. I tried CodeBlocks yesterday and it works.

    I have done probably everything you told me to do. But it still complains about including wl_def.cpp in wl_text.cpp. In other words, it didn't work. I am using version 4.9.9.2 as opposed to 4.9.2.2 so mabye that's the problem? Also, is there some kind of link to a tutorial on this?

    Nexion
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 216
    Age : 111
    Location : Dimension of Anti-Time
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Message : Planet N
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Nexion on Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:26 am

    My bad. It's version 4.9.9.2. You can find the instructions (readme-devcpp.txt) 
    in the wolf4sdl source code. At least in version 1.4/1.5. The info about the include directoy (see above) is missing because it assumes that you install it to the default path (c:\dev-cpp).

    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

    Number of posts : 24
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Unusedbattery on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:21 am

    @Nexion wrote:My bad. It's version 4.9.9.2. You can find the instructions (readme-devcpp.txt)
    in the wolf4sdl source code. At least in version 1.4/1.5. The info about the include directoy (see above) is missing because it assumes that you install it to the default path (c:\dev-cpp).

    Well, I read the text file, but it did not explain anything about the directories. I think the problem is related to my LIB/INCLUDE paths. I have tried the default INCLUDE/LIB path and the one I put in my source code folder, but it still didn't work. I installed both SDL dev packs and everything, but I still get the same let's say... over 70 errors about including files when those files are right in front of it's face!

    How about I send you some screenies.

    ...be right back

    Nexion
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

    Number of posts : 216
    Age : 111
    Location : Dimension of Anti-Time
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Message : Planet N
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Nexion on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 pm

    I get 98 errors with a wrong SDL include path.

    Errors anyone?
    http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5993/new1iv7.jpg

    ..\Dev-cpp\Include\SDL
    http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2856/new3pr7.jpg

    Include SDL. Press replace...compile/rebuild all
    http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5761/new2sv7.jpg

    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

    Number of posts : 24
    Age : 26
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Unusedbattery on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 pm

    @Nexion wrote:I get 98 errors with a wrong SDL include path.
    "Insert pics here kthx"

    Aha! That's the same problem I have. I do have wrong directories...

    (Why do I have a tendancy to ask the most obvious questions?)

    Thank you good sir. I will try it right now!

    EDIT: Oh my God it works.

    Thank you again Nexion... Very Happy

    Sponsored content

    Re: Wolf4SDL Compiling question...

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:59 pm


      Current date/time is Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:59 pm