Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Can you make objects touch one another?

briancough
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

objects - Can you make objects touch one another? Empty Can you make objects touch one another?

Post by briancough Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 am

In this game I noticed while modding that no objects can touch one another. If you try modeling with objects this becomes a problem with all the gaps .

Can the game be made to have objects touching one another with no gaps at all inbetween?
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

objects - Can you make objects touch one another? Empty Re: Can you make objects touch one another?

Post by Nexion Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:20 am

It doesn't work in a game with rotating 2d sprites. It only works for a few camera angles. At certain camera angles there will be a gap. Directional sprites are gapless 
    but they are as thin as a leaf.
    briancough
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2008-07-09

objects - Can you make objects touch one another? Empty Re: Can you make objects touch one another?

Post by briancough Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:56 pm

Nexion wrote:It doesn't work in a game with rotating 2d sprites. It only works for a few camera angles. At certain camera angles there will be a gap. Directional sprites are gapless
    but they are as thin as a leaf.

Thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am