Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

[Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED]

Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

[Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED] Empty [Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED]

Post by Unusedbattery Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:39 pm

EDIT: Whoops, posted this in the wrong forum Razz.

Hi, it's me again Neutral.

When I try to use the Hi-res tutorial at Ripper's site, I always get a compiling error, saying something about the WL_DEBUG.C file. I went over this tutorial over 2 or 3 times, but I still get the same error.
    Is there any different method of doing this? 😕

Thanks.

Last edited by Unusedbattery on Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

[Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED] Empty Re: [Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED]

Post by Nexion Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:23 pm

You could try to split the sprites and decrease the pixel size. So that one 
    sprite is splitted into 4 64x64 pics. Just a idea which crashed my mind.

According to the tutorial there aren't any changes in WL_Debug. Check it for older changes or compare it with a unedited wl_debug file or post a detailed error message.
    Unusedbattery
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 24
    Registration date : 2008-05-11

[Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED] Empty Re: [Help] Removing scalers tutorial at Ripper's site (Chaos Software) [SOLVED]

Post by Unusedbattery Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:39 pm

Nexion wrote:You could try to split the sprites and decrease the pixel size. So that one
    sprite is splitted into 4 64x64 pics. Just a idea which crashed my mind.

According to the tutorial there aren't any changes in WL_Debug. Check it for older changes or compare it with a unedited wl_debug file or post a detailed error message.

That sounds like a great idea, but sadly, I'm not a C# coding genius :/.
    I will try and take another shot at it, and post a screenshot of my "epic failing". But for some reason, WL_DEBUG.C just doesn't like me putting the Hi-res code in, even though the tutorial had nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Crickey! It wasn't the hi-res tutorial that was giving me trouble, it was the Removing Scalers tutorial! I made a BIG mistake in my post above Shocked.

EDIT AGAIN: It said this tutorial doesn't work with BC 3.1, which is the compiler I'm using Sad . Thanks anyway though!
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Nexion Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:04 am

Heh, I didn't notice your edits. Anyways, both tutorials work with BC 3.1. 
    The scaler tutorial refers to the cloud sky tutorial which requires an external asm file to work with BC 3.1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 am