Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+2
Schabbs
Nexion
6 posters

Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level

Post by stathmk Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:36 pm

Of the Wolfenstein and Spear of Destiny mods, add-ons, total conversions, and remixes that you've played, which ones have your favorite ending sequences? Which ones have your favorite surprise endings? Which ones have your favorite final level? Question I might play the ones that you suggest.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty Some good endings

Post by stathmk Fri May 02, 2008 11:27 am

I see that nobody else has replied to this topic in the last 2 days, so I'll tell my opinion.

In 1993, it was really something to see the hidden twist in the final level of The Spear of Destiny and the ending sequence.

I also like the endings of Spear Resurrection, Spear End of Destiny, and The False Spear. There are lots of new sprites in the hidden twist in the last level of Spear Resurrection. Spear End of Destiny has 3 bosses in part 2 of the last level plus you get to use the spear's powers. That's almost all of the games that I've played with a spear. The others don't have a spear. I'm not saying anything else about the endings that would give away more surprise details.

I've never played Spear of Destiny Super CD episodes 2 or 3, so I don't know if they have good endings.

Come on, please tell me what other games that you've played that have good endings.
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty Re: Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level

Post by Nexion Fri May 02, 2008 2:12 pm

End of Destiny: amazing final level.
    Coming of the Storm: evil atmosphere on the final map and nice story.
    Chokage: crazy stuff and enemies at the end.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty Christmas Level Ending

Post by stathmk Fri May 02, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks. Oh, I had forgotten to mention something. There's also a great ending to The Spear End of Destiny Christmas level: http://www.areyep.com/RIPandMCS-OldNews.html santa:rendeer:

Last edited by stathmk on Sun May 25, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Christmas emoticons added)
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty Re: Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level

Post by Schabbs Sat May 03, 2008 8:13 am

stathmk wrote:Thanks. Oh, I had forgotten to mention something. There's also a great ending to The Spear End of Destiny Christmas level: http://www.areyep.com/RIPandMCS-OldNews.html

Steve's ending to the End Of Destiny Christmas level is my favourite surprise ending. It's a fantastic level anyways, but more than once when you think it's finished, there's a lot more to come. Smile

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty The False Spear

Post by stathmk Sun May 04, 2008 8:52 am

I mentioned The False Spear, but now I remembered something. I didn't remember to say that level 16 is impossible for me to get past even when I go into Chaos Edit and see if there are any secret passageways I've missed. I can't get any keys on level 16 without the cheat mode. I held down T-F-S all at the same time for the cheat mode. Then I did the no-clipping mode to get to the keys and exit. I hope this helps you.
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Dean Sun May 04, 2008 5:32 pm

It can be done, I've played through it twice now - without cheating.

The Wolfenstein 3d Blog - Updated Wednesdays!
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

spear - Best ending sequences, surprise endings, or final level Empty Isle of The Dead

Post by stathmk Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:04 pm

I've just ordered the Isle of The Dead (Wolf3D clone) off of Ebay and I haven't even played it yet. It's indicated that if you play it right, then there's an alternate ending.

I think that Corridor 7 has an alternate ending, but I haven't seen it yet.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm

I always loved how Totengraeber has a secret level in the very final boss level. Hasn't been done before or since (I think).
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2012-04-05

Post by Metalor Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 pm

-Actually, Guns and Glory has a secret level accessed from the final boss level (which also happens to be a boss level itself).

Technically because of this, Guns and Glory can end in two different ways, so while it always has the same ending, the game can end in two different ways. Three if difficulty settings are considered.

Personally, I don't have a favorite last level or ending sequence. There are too many to choose from. As long as the game itself plays and ends in a big way, I'm satisfied.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am