Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

+16
ronwolf1705
Tenamk
WolferCooker
Per-Scan
Schabbs
Dean
Valts
PicNic
Andy
jayngo26
Unusedbattery
rgamesinc
doomjedi
lilmanjs
WLHack
Jonathan
20 posters

List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sum of ideas from all of the people who have posted:

-Wall Heights =) (Does that even work?!)
    -Vents to see down. (like the wall called grey brick vent, only the vent is large enough for you to see)
    -Interactive enviroment (sitting, grenade bounces off walls)
    -Multiplayer wolf3d
    -Walls that are not square( all walls in wolf3d are square, with almost same texures, except from a few)
    -On differant levels, (skills levels) the enemy changes due to skill level input. eg, if i put in can i play daddy, there is a guard, but if i put in i am death incarnate, there is no guard, but instead, a mutant or ss, lets say.
    -Also, putting in walking directions for patrolling guards is flawed. Other guards touching it will go the direction's way. there should be a seperate walking direction for each partolling guard
    -Why no patrolling deaf guards?!?
    -Walls with different textures on both sides?
    -Maybe a Nazi attacking a Nazi?
    -Music player playing ALL music?
    -Maybe add your own music In the jukebox?
    -How about you sit on a chair??
    -Shadows. And not just shadows that are part of the sprite. The shadow will overlap object/wall next to it looking from the one angle.
    -Smarter guards that dont move weird and custimizable so some can enter some locked doors and some can't, and some guards that can be designed to stay at one place for a few seconds instead of always moving patroling guards.....and guards that gets alerted when walking across a dead nazi graveyard of blood...
    -A quicksave feature. See, in End of Destiny, the saves could get used up. But with quicksave, you can't constantly reload from a save point, but you can quicksave when you need to leave the computer and play some other time. (When you load the quicksave, the quicksave disapears so you can't spam redoing the quicksave)
    -AoE. Some enemies' attacks are so strong, they hit BJ no matter where he is on the map. Some can do more or less based on distance in relation to the enemy, some hit the same damage. Some can decrease BJ's ability to reload, move, etc. AoE hits both players in Wolf3d multiplayer since it's AoE.
    -Wolf3d Multiplayer.
    -Some power to decrease the speed of time for the player
    -Some special weapons that are very powerful, but may only be used once in a while, with its ammo regenerating over time
    -Some special weapons that are very powerful, but may only be used once in a while, with its ammo regenerating over time
    -Enemies that do more damage sometimes, and the player must use a shield to survive
    -Enemies that are more vulnerable to some attacks at some time.
    -Music changing based on enemy performance and ability/powerups.
    -Enemies that ressurect enemies

Last edited by Dark_wizzie on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 am; edited 9 times in total

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty SewerTown

Post by stathmk Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:32 pm

Thanks, Dean. I'll try the SewerTown mod.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty SewerTown

Post by stathmk Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Can anybody get past the first level of the SewerTown mod? I downloaded it and it's glitchy. He seems to always be shot by an invisible man standing in the same two places next to a wall!? Suspect
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Re: List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:31 pm

The tournament mode in EOD doesn't work well for me. I think EOD should have a quicksave option; one that when you quicksave, it doesn't count towards you saves. However, the quicksave memory disapears when you load it to prevent abusing the quicksave mode.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Re: List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :)

Post by Dean Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:42 pm

stathmk wrote:Can anybody get past the first level of the SewerTown mod? I downloaded it and it's glitchy. He seems to always be shot by an invisible man standing in the same two places next to a wall!? Suspect
    Yeah, it's easy to do. Unfortunately there is one section where there are too many things on the screen and some dogs anbd barrels can disappear. Wait at the door for a fair while for everything to come to you and then you should be able to continue once you've killed them all.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by stathmk Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Dean wrote:
    stathmk wrote:Can anybody get past the first level of the SewerTown mod? I downloaded it and it's glitchy. He seems to always be shot by an invisible man standing in the same two places next to a wall!? Suspect
    Yeah, it's easy to do. Unfortunately there is one section where there are too many things on the screen and some dogs anbd barrels can disappear. Wait at the door for a fair while for everything to come to you and then you should be able to continue once you've killed them all.
    I still can't get past the first level. One of the glitches is that it won't let me switch from the knife to the guns. Another glitch is that the bullets sometimes don't hurt the soldiers. Another glitch is that there's no sound. Somebody can try to fix all these glitches if making or programming Wolfenstein mods is their hobby.
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1584

Post by PicNic Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:03 am

Can anyone give me the download link please?
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 3036
    Job : Retired
    Hobbie : Playing Wolf3D/ROTT, eating out, travel, music, snooker

Post by Schabbs Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:44 am

PicNic wrote:Can anyone give me the download link please?

Sewer Town is at http://www.belowe.com/SewerTown.zip .

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:01 am

Thanks Brian.
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:37 am

Wtf I can not even kill the enemies after a few seconds..
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:59 pm

*cough* So what do you think of my quick save suggestion?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:37 am

Dark_wizzie wrote:*cough* So what do you think of my quick save suggestion?

Would be handy, but it needs to be saved on a SLOT, if you do that the 'engine' doesn't know on which slot to save then, I think. Maybe its 'configureable'.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Ghost dogs

Post by stathmk Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:16 am

I have an idea. How about ghost dogs that look like greyhounds?

Let me explain. I was given Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades for Christmas 1994. It has over 800 levels. I never had gotten to all 800 plus levels, but I had heard that there are invisible walls that you can't walk through and ghost dogs. About a year later, I asked a classmate who also has the game if he has gotten to the levels with ghost dogs. He said that he has and that the ghost dogs look like greyhounds. He also said that he can't think off of the top of his head the levels where the ghost dogs were. I came to Wolf3D Haven this year and asked if anybody knows which levels have the ghost dogs. Somebody on the Wolf3D Haven replied that there are no graphics changes or graphics additions in Wolfenstein Super Upgrades. Question I guess that either my classmate or somebody on the Wolf3D Dome is confused. I'm confused.

Anyways, if these ghost dogs don't exist in any levels then how about making them and adding them to a mod or total conversion?
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Post by Andy Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:56 am

stathmk wrote:I have an idea. How about ghost dogs that look like greyhounds?

Let me explain. I was given Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades for Christmas 1994. It has over 800 levels. I never had gotten to all 800 plus levels, but I had heard that there are invisible walls that you can't walk through and ghost dogs. About a year later, I asked a classmate who also has the game if he has gotten to the levels with ghost dogs. He said that he has and that the ghost dogs look like greyhounds. He also said that he can't think off of the top of his head the levels where the ghost dogs were. I came to Wolf3D Haven this year and asked if anybody knows which levels have the ghost dogs. Somebody on the Wolf3D Haven replied that there are no graphics changes or graphics additions in Wolfenstein Super Upgrades. Question I guess that either my classmate or somebody on the Wolf3D Dome is confused. I'm confused.

Anyways, if these ghost dogs don't exist in any levels then how about making them and adding them to a mod or total conversion?
    The invisible doors you can't walk through are done by putting a deaf guard floor tile next to the door. This is a well-known bug in the original Wolfenstein engine.

The ghost dogs you mention are probably just slow-moving dogs that seem oblivious to the player. I recall Chris Chokan's levels in "Map Making Mania Melée" had this feature in it. Again, it exploits a bug in the engine, but I'm not sure how.

Most likely, the mapset in the Super Upgrade package that has this "ghost dog" feature is Game E (Temporary Insanity). Nathaniel Rudiak-Gould filled this mapset with special effects using many of the known Wolfenstein bugs.

Andy
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghost Dogs

Post by stathmk Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Andy wrote:The invisible doors you can't walk through are done by putting a deaf guard floor tile next to the door. This is a well-known bug in the original Wolfenstein engine.

The ghost dogs you mention are probably just slow-moving dogs that seem oblivious to the player. I recall Chris Chokan's levels in "Map Making Mania Melée" had this feature in it. Again, it exploits a bug in the engine, but I'm not sure how.

Most likely, the mapset in the Super Upgrade package that has this "ghost dog" feature is Game E (Temporary Insanity). Nathaniel Rudiak-Gould filled this mapset with special effects using many of the known Wolfenstein bugs.

Andy
    Thanks, Andy. I'll try to remember to play game E. I wouldn't have guessed that these are bugs.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty A Joke

Post by stathmk Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:08 pm

stathmk wrote:#15.
    The Official Hint Manual for Wolfenstein 3D from Apogee wrote:
    Wolfenstein Lore
    A Game of Many Names
    Although it’s now called Wolfenstein 3-D, Tom came up with several other names. A lot of these are jokes, though: CASTLE OCHTENSTEIN, LUGER’S RUN, THE FOURTH REICH, ADOLPH’S BANE, HARD CELL, LUGER ME NOW, TANK YOU VERY MUCH, CASTLE HASSELHOFF, HOW DO YOU DUSELDORF?, CASTLE VERLASSEN (To abandon the castle), STURMWIND (Stormwind), HOLLEHAMMER (Hellhammer), SHATTENSENDENER (shadowsender), GERUCHSCHLECT (bad smell), DOLCHTEUFEL (devildagger), GRABGRABBENER (Gravedigger), EISENSCHWERT (ironsword), DAMMERUNG (twilight/dawn) Hollehammer got used as the name of the castle in episode 2.
    I saw this in the manual again and I knew I wanted to post it to give you guys ideas for names. However, I think somebody already named a mod, “Escape From Castle Hollehammer.” If somebody is making a joker mod sort-of like Chokage, then I think that they could use one of the joke names. I think they mean “Tom Hall” when they typed “Tom.”
    I just thought of a new mod name. "Wolfblitzerstein 3D!" Bwahahahahaha! I'm joking. Wolf Blitzer is an American news anchor probably for CNN.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty 2-player mode?

Post by stathmk Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:49 pm

stathmk wrote:I have an idea. What about Deathmatch, Domination, Capture The Flag, and Assault modes like even in one-player Unreal Tournament? You can download The Unreal Tournament Demo at http://www.fileplanet.com/30694/0/0/0/1/section/Demos , but I think it has less levels and doesn't include the Assault mode.

Or is there already a Wolfenstein 3D mod with a Deathmatch mode?

What about a 2-player Wolfenstein 3D mod linked up on the internet for something like Capture The Flag?
    Today I've found something weird. The Chacal 3D source port is a split-screen Doom/Wolfenstein clone for 2-player multiplayer games?: http://www.doomworld.com/ports/misc.shtml (Second web page is in French) I didn't try it because I don't know French.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Walking through more things than vines, walls missing bricks

Post by stathmk Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:49 pm

I was playing level 55 of "All This And Wolf3D." There are a lot of vines to walk through. There are two posters of Hitler to walk through where you can get items.

That made me think of more things. What about other items besides vines to walk through? You could maybe walk through spider webs, outdoor fog, glow from neon signs, bright light from the sun if there's an entire block missing from the wall, into "Mario" pipes, into warp zone portals, or into books. Gumby is a character that walks into books. Maybe you could have "Gumbystein" where Gumby walks into different books and each book could be a different theme.

I used to play a game for the black and white Macitosh called "Radical Castle." In part of the game you walk into a book. That's partly what gave me the idea.

I've thought of something else. Maybe Wolfenstein 3D walls could have some bricks missing or a large bullet hole in it and you could see all the way through to an item like a 1-up, or a key that's needed to complete the level.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty How about editing a key in a Wolfenstein to Doom 2 conversion?

Post by stathmk Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:03 pm

Does anybody here know how to edit Doom 2 levels? We have this Wolfenstein 3D to Doom 2 conversion where we can't find all the keys for the first level. We emailed the author of the levels and he gave us directions to find the keys, but the directions don't all work and we can't find all the keys. The author is nice, but he's not always answering his email for some reason.

If you were to send a message to me, then I'll tell you where to download the conversion and give you the directions that he gave us. Then you can put in the key where he's specified that it should be. That's why we've delayed uploading this particular conversion for so long.

Edit on January 6, 2009: The plan to edit this mod has been canceled. Try Risen3D in Treasure Hunt because not all source ports will support the gold key. If you find the gold key, then send me a message about what version of Risen3D that you used. I wish that if we find the correct Risen3D version, that we could put the download of it on the Doom 2 conversion page.

Edit on January 9, 2009: Go to this forum: https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/wolf3d-help-fantism-f11/finding-keys-when-playing-laz-rojas-treasure-hunt-for-doom-2-t1081.htm and go to my January 8, 2009 post about how to make the gold key appear.

Last edited by stathmk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:36 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Try Risen3D)
    PicNic
    PicNic
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by PicNic Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 am

You can edit/make doom 2 maps with Doombuilder

Link:

http://www.doombuilder.com/builder_info.php
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Time Travel

Post by stathmk Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:36 pm

I've beaten The Spear of Destiny Episode 3. It ends with BJ Blazkowics touching the spear and time traveling forward to a Doom level. Maybe instead of a spear, somebody could make a time machine or warp zone to travel to the future or past.

Maybe the spear could be replaced with stairs that go up or down to the next level.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty The Scarab of Ra 2

Post by stathmk Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 am

We used to have a black-and-white Macintosh. One of the games was Scarab of Ra, which was 3D. It didn’t have animations though. You collected nets, lanterns, keys, charcoal for writing messages on walls, the staff of Ra, the Scarab of Ra, and other items. If you were too fast, you woke up animals. You fought baboons, lionesses, snakes, and mummies. You could throw nets on animals. You had to carefully step in some places or you were hit by a bear trap in the floor. (The spike traps in the floor remind me of land mines from AReyeP and MCS’s mods.) Water or oil could ruin your map of the level. Your lantern could go out and your visibility would decrease. You start in the top of the pyramid which was 3 x 3 squares and you needed the key to go to lower levels. Each level lower was more squares and a more complex maze. Do we have any Egyptian mods on the Dome besides Laz’ “The Portal?” Does anybody know if there are any Wolf 3D or Doom 2 mods with walls with hieroglyphics, Egyptian bricks, or sprites of baboons, lionesses, snakes, or mummies?

If you threw the Scarab of Ra at the mummy and it hit him, then he crumbles into dust and blows away. I never figured out what the Staff of Ra was for. Maybe we could have BJ Blazkowics or a replacement character touch the Staff of Ra or the Scarab of Ra instead of The Spear of Destiny to go to the final level. The final level of Spear End of Destiny has coding changes and you get to use the Spear as a weapon, so maybe we could edit Spear End of Destiny to make it the Staff or Scarab, I guess.

I was kind-of thinking of making a mod with mazes anyways. Too bad Mazestein 3D and Stopandthink_stein are names already taken. Maybe the first levels could be outdoors in Egypt before he enters the pyramid. I don’t promise to make this mod, but if I do, I want to call it The Scarab of Ra 2. farao

I know that there are Egyptians in The Unreal series, but programming mods in the Unreal series is definitely too complicated for me.
    Valts
    Valts
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 384
    Job : Student (Estonian University of Life Sciences)
    Hobbie : reading, history, poker, billiard and snooker, gaming
    Registration date : 2007-05-16

Post by Valts Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:45 am

Well, we have some Egyptian mods like I an Skevos-Jones mod Quest For The Amulet and Sandys The Portal.
    Egyptian mods for Doom 2, then Chosen (for Zdoom, http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12363), Osiris (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=6711).
    If I remember correct, then Final Doom: Evilution have super secret level , lvl31 Pharaoh (Egyptian lvl design)
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Egyptology mods

Post by stathmk Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 am

Valts wrote:Well, we have some Egyptian mods like I an Skevos-Jones mod Quest For The Amulet and Sandys The Portal.
    Egyptian mods for Doom 2, then Chosen (for Zdoom, http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12363), Osiris (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=6711).
    If I remember correct, then Final Doom: Evilution have super secret level , lvl31 Pharaoh (Egyptian lvl design)
    Thank you. I think I'll first try Quest For The Amulet and The Portal: http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_PQR.htm

As for Final Doom, I don't have it. I saw "Doom Collector's Edition" at a Walmart for $9.99, which includes Ultimate Doom, Doom 2: Hell on Earth, and Final Doom. Or I could save up my money and go to Steam for a bundled package, I guess: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/ Somebody was telling me that Steam isn't that good. I don't know, I haven't used it yet.

I typed in "Quest For The Amulet," and some other game came up: TSFP Map: Quest for the Amulet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp4o7NMbpyM I've never heard of TSFP, but apparently it stands for Time Splitters Future Perfect??
    Dean
    Dean
    Spear of Destiny
    Spear of Destiny

Male
    Number of posts : 590
    Hobbie : Being smarter then everyone else in the room...

Post by Dean Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 pm

One of DoomJedi's mods that we will be working on takes place (for part of it Wink ) in those times as well. There's a thread for his 'Secret of Eridu' mod here in the forum, as well as at DHW, or there's plenty of information on it at his Mod site;
    Doomjedi Wolfing Mod site
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:05 am

stathmk wrote:We used to have a black-and-white Macintosh. One of the games was Scarab of Ra, which was 3D. It didn’t have animations though. You collected nets, lanterns, keys, charcoal for writing messages on walls, the staff of Ra, the Scarab of Ra, and other items. If you were too fast, you woke up animals. You fought baboons, lionesses, snakes, and mummies. You could throw nets on animals. You had to carefully step in some places or you were hit by a bear trap in the floor. (The spike traps in the floor remind me of land mines from AReyeP and MCS’s mods.) Water or oil could ruin your map of the level. Your lantern could go out and your visibility would decrease. You start in the top of the pyramid which was 3 x 3 squares and you needed the key to go to lower levels. Each level lower was more squares and a more complex maze. Do we have any Egyptian mods on the Dome besides Laz’ “The Portal?” Does anybody know if there are any Wolf 3D or Doom 2 mods with walls with hieroglyphics, Egyptian bricks, or sprites of baboons, lionesses, snakes, or mummies?

If you threw the Scarab of Ra at the mummy and it hit him, then he crumbles into dust and blows away. I never figured out what the Staff of Ra was for.

There's a YouTube video of the 'Scarab Of Ra' at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5o6N6WUxAI .

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Scarab of Ra video

Post by stathmk Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:46 pm

Schabbs wrote:There's a YouTube video of the 'Scarab Of Ra' at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5o6N6WUxAI .
    Thank you. That brought back memories. I had forgotten about picking up gold coins and certain other items.

We live in Indiana, and we happen to be fans of Indiana Jones, who was in Egypt in the first movie. My sister's name is Janna. When my sister would play this or certain other computer games, she would type Indiana Janna as her name next to her high score! Very Happy
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Egyptian Level Design

Post by stathmk Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:05 am

Valts wrote:Well, we have some Egyptian mods like I an Skevos-Jones mod Quest For The Amulet and Sandys The Portal.
    Here's another with Egyptian Level Design that I ran into. As of today, January 11th, Hell on Egypt v2.2.03 update for Risen3D v2.2.03 is listed at http://risen3d.newdoom.com/ .
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:18 pm

What about a quicksave feature to replace the way EoD handles saves on Tournament difficulty?

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:42 pm

I have a couple of ideas which I would love to see in Wolf4SDL or suchlike. One would be an automap feature for all mods and map sets. This should be a switchable option so as not to cause conflicts with mods already containg an automap. The second thing I would dearly (and I really mean it!) love to see is mouse-wheel weapon scrolling. I like to use a wireless mouse and number-pad to play games and it drives me crazy that in 2010 I still can't use the mousewheel as a standard feature in Wolf3D!
    Schabbs
    Schabbs
    Extreme Wolfer
    Extreme Wolfer

Male

Post by Schabbs Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Per-Scan wrote:I have a couple of ideas which I would love to see in Wolf4SDL or suchlike. One would be an automap feature for all mods and map sets. This should be a switchable option so as not to cause conflicts with mods already containg an automap. The second thing I would dearly (and I really mean it!) love to see is mouse-wheel weapon scrolling. I like to use a wireless mouse and number-pad to play games and it drives me crazy that in 2010 I still can't use the mousewheel as a standard feature in Wolf3D!

Project: X has a map feature brought up by pressing the M key.

Brian.
    Cat Productions - mapper
    Per-Scan
    Per-Scan
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 385
    Registration date : 2010-09-29

Post by Per-Scan Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 am

^
    Indeed it does and isn't a super handy feature? That's why I'd love to see that function as a de facto standard in Wolf4SDL et al. Navigating orthogonal maps can be pretty confusing sometimes and while I realise that's part of the gameplay of wolf3D sometimes it just stifles progression in the map set/mod. Smile
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:06 pm

I don't think any mod has the "cheats unlocked after the game is beat" option. I think Eod could've used a quicksave option for the challenger mode. How about attacks that can hit BJ no matter whre he is in the level? Well, I might as well copy the WNE thread...

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:01 am

Here are some more ideas...
    -AoE. Some enemies' attacks are so strong, they hit BJ no matter where he is on the map. Some can do more or less based on distance in relation to the enemy, some hit the same damage. Some can decrease BJ's ability to reload, move, etc. AoE hits both players in Wolf3d multiplayer since it's AoE.
    -Wolf3d Multiplayer.
    -Enemies that do more damage sometimes, and the player must use a shield to survive
    -Enemies that are more vulnerable to some attacks at some time.
    -Music changing based on enemy performance and ability/powerups.
    -Enemies that ressurect enemies

Multi co-op would be great when going against a great big boss. But the AoE would deal wrecking force to both players. Would be fun, in my opinion.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Skulltag Wolfenstein 3D

Post by stathmk Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:...-Wolf3d Multiplayer. ...
    If you have Doom 2, then you can play Skulltag Wolfenstein 3D with me! Go to http://www.wolfensteingoodies.com/doommodsandclones/w3dindoom2/w3dindoom2.htm#Doom2 and select Skulltag Wolfenstein 3D by the Czech person. There are BJ Blazkowicz and German skins on The Epidermis Emporium. There are links to the Epidermis Emporium on that Wolfensteingoodies.com page. Tell me when you want to play a game with me.

Edit: What level do you want to play with me? What about episode 3 level 10 or episode 6 level 10?
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Enemies that resurrect enemies

Post by stathmk Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:... -Enemies that ressurect enemies. ...
    In some parts of AeoD (Aeons of Death for Doom 2), you don't have to be the man with flames coming out of his hands to resurrect enemies. There's an add-on to it where you have a spell book and to do spells it costs you dark manna energy. If you're serious about adding in the Wolfenstein enemies for Doom 2 and making ones that resurrect, then contact Tormentor on the message boards at realm667.com.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty The Necronomicon

Post by stathmk Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:23 pm

stathmk wrote:
    Dark_wizzie wrote:... -Enemies that ressurect enemies. ...
    In some parts of AeoD (Aeons of Death for Doom 2), you don't have to be the man with flames coming out of his hands to resurrect enemies. There's an add-on to it where you have a spell book and to do spells it costs you dark manna energy. If you're serious about adding in the Wolfenstein enemies for Doom 2 and making ones that resurrect, then contact Tormentor on the message boards at realm667.com.
    I found a video of The Necronomicon from AeoD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txtswAg_xn0&feature=related
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Eh. The multiplayer thing over long distances required internet. Hard to coordinate times for that. Sad I don't think I've seen and Wolf3d mods include "cutscenes" nor pictures that pop up , etc, showing text, to simulate a cutscene. Ish. Anyone know of all the good and usable engines to use for making a Wolf3d Mod? I mean, we could use the good ol' SDL and Doom engine, but I am curious...

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty What?

Post by stathmk Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Dark_wizzie wrote:Eh. The multiplayer thing over long distances required internet. Hard to coordinate times for that. Sad I don't think I've seen and Wolf3d mods include "cutscenes" nor pictures that pop up , etc, showing text, to simulate a cutscene. Ish. Anyone know of all the good and usable engines to use for making a Wolf3d Mod? I mean, we could use the good ol' SDL and Doom engine, but I am curious...
    What?
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently
    Registration date : 2010-09-24

Post by WolferCooker Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:12 pm

- Make YOUR weapon fire more than 1 different projectile.
    - Artifact that boosts weapon damage twofold for a limited time
    - Breakable Walls (similar to breakable columns)
    - Have a complete seamless game with no stat intermissions after a completed level
    - Have CPU allies
    - Drive-by while on a motorcycle or vehicle
    - B.J. carries more than 2 weapons whenever he is a mutant
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Drive-by while on a motorcycle or vehicle

Post by stathmk Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:31 pm

WolferCooker wrote:...- Drive-by while on a motorcycle or vehicle...
    In Lair of The Mantis, you get to drive over people: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=5376&highlight=lair+mantis . It's too bad the video has been taken down. I've played Sensenmann from http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_STU.htm . In one Sensenmann episode, you get to ride your motorcycle over ghouls. Brian wasn't kidding when he said that Sensenmann is the creepiest Wolf add-on.
    WolferCooker
    WolferCooker
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1198
    Hobbie : Video Games (mostly PC), but been rapidly losing interest in it recently

Post by WolferCooker Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm

You misunderstood me Stathmk. Drive-by means shooting while driving. So to make it easier to understand, I should've said shooting a gun while riding on a motorcycle or vehicle.
    Tenamk
    Tenamk
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 303
    Job : Spy
    Hobbie : Kick S.S.'s butt
    Message : Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/PlayWolf3D

Post by Tenamk Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:28 am

Grand Theft Auto III Wolf 3D has that. The link is here...
    http://www.belowe.com/grandtheft.zip

I won the first forum raffle! cheers

Dark_wizzie's signature: Nobody is perfect, I am nobody. Copier of my siggy will be severely pwned.
    Tenamk says: Oh crap!
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 am

Yea, but that's a bad example. It shows the feature being done poorly.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Doom Meets Contra

Post by stathmk Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:13 am

stathmk wrote:
    WolferCooker wrote:...- Drive-by while on a motorcycle or vehicle...
    In Lair of The Mantis, you get to drive over people: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=5376&highlight=lair+mantis . It's too bad the video has been taken down. I've played Sensenmann from http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/adds_STU.htm . In one Sensenmann episode, you get to ride your motorcycle over ghouls. Brian wasn't kidding when he said that Sensenmann is the creepiest Wolf add-on.
    Do you have Doom or Doom 2? In Doom Meets Contra at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-C3ytstI7M from about 4:30 to 4:42, you get to drive a semi while holding a gun. In this scene, there’s nobody to fire at while driving though.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 pm

I have a sneaking feeling that any automobile in Wolf3d won't do very well. I just don't see it bein implemented in a way that makes it awesome. In Senseman, (or however it's spelled), the automobile felt clunky, and kindda felt that it was added just because.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Doom 2 wad

Post by stathmk Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 am

Speaking of automobiles, In this Old School Doom 2 wad at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcKYwNlAJwk , you get to ride in 2 cars. I don’t know if you get to do a drive-by shooting though. You also get to ride an escalator, fight in a karate dojo, play basketball, go bowling, play different jukebox music, go down a Zelda passage, and play arcade games!
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty Another Jurassic Park game?

Post by stathmk Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:47 pm

I saw at http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/10/news-failed-jurassic-park-4s-almost-human-dinosaurs that the Jurassic Park 4 movie was cancelled. They planned altered dinosaurs with dog DNA for super smelling and human DNA to solve problems. It reminded me of the Jurassic Park Super Nintendo game. I've beaten it. The outdoors are a view looking down like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past. The inside is like Wolfenstein 3D for The SNES. I haven't played Jurassic Park 2 for The Super Nintendo or The Sega Genesis Jurassic Park. I think it would be good if somebody would make a Jurassic Park 4 first person shooter that picks off where the movies leave off. It reminded me that the Back To The Future game on Fileplanet.com picked off where the 3 movies leave off.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 Empty There will be a Jurassic Park 4 movie

Post by stathmk Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm

I stand corrected. There will be a Jurassic Park 4 in June 2014: http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/ign-daily-fix-011413 . If you like games with retro graphics updated with coding changes, then they have an offer at the above link for a free game for a limited time. It's Potatoman Seeks The Troof and it looks like a Nintendo or Super Nintendo game.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:32 pm

I'm going to add this to the list, already discussed - get the axe from the knight armor object and use it as a weapon. Smile

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    ronwolf1705
    ronwolf1705
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1252
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by ronwolf1705 Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:16 pm

That must be doable, in combination with Tricob's code that lets you pick up food from a table.

wolf - List all New Ideas for Wolf3d Here! :) - Page 2 MMCS0206

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm