What is this monstrosity? Where did it come from? What does it want?
Well, all in all, its actually pretty simple. It wants to remake the MacWolf engine, with more 3d objects (made entirely with basic polygons such as cylinders, blocks, and spheres) and to introduce more types of enemies, things that make the levels a tad more interesting, more weapons, and easier modding
So when this rocking and rolling game comes around, you'd best be waiting.
1. That green guy is a nazi grunt, basically the equililent to a brownshirt in Wolfenstein 3D.
2. The hud is just temporary until I get one like the original going.
3. The armor doesn't work, so it will be removed from the final version.
4. Yes, those objects are 3D versions of the objects in Wolfenstein 3d. They were hard to make since I wasn't using a 3d model maker, just assigning cylinders and cones to different coordinates :/
5. Different ammo types? Yeah, so far I have a working knife, pistol, mp40, stenn (which will later be replaced with a chaingun), and a shotgun.
6. For those of you who noticed the red eyes, that a part of my dehumanization process of all of the enemies.
7. This game has no current story, and will thus take the player to random places for no reason, from Casl Wlfnstine to Hell to Alien Crafts to a Japanese warlord's barracks.
And finally, 8. If you played the Doom example on the game maker site, don't worry, this actually has enemies that will shoot you
NEW! ENEMIES LISTED!
The game will have 10 episodes, the first one, of course, being Escape from Castle Wolfenstein, the second being Crossfire, the third The Trail Home. The rest are currently secret, so you'll have to find out
Wlfnstine Engine Demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/l54j72 (6.42 MB, might not work on Windows Vista)
Last edited by on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:09 pm; edited 5 times in total