Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

[solved]changing secret door push direction

Asa
    Asa
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 191
    Hobbie : Wolfenstein 3D, Final Fantasy and Sokoban
    Registration date : 2010-08-03

secret - [solved]changing secret door push direction Empty [solved]changing secret door push direction

Post by Asa Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:22 pm

I posted this on the WinWolf3D forum earlier this morning and I thought I'd go ahead and post it here as well to see if I get a faster response.

I have found that on Map 7 of Episode 6 of the original game maps 2 of the secret doors don't push in the correct direction. They push opposite (180°) and the only way to get into those 2 areas is to use clipping. I went to change the push direction and found that there is nothing in WDC that indicated how to select a specific tile or to change the direction of a secret door. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: As I was mulling this over I remembered another floor where there was a secret door that didn't open when I pushed it, instead making the sound of a secret door unable to be opened. I remembered that the same door later opened without an issue. It has started me thinking. Is it possible that there is no specific code for which side a secret door can be pushed from? Is it possible that what is happening is that one of the enemies on the other side of the door happens to be blocking the path at the same moment that I am trying to push it? I  am going to test that theory and see if those doors on E6F7 will open correctly if I try again. I'll post the results when I have an answer.

Edit2: I have confirmed my suspicions. In both cases I just had to wait a second or 2 before pushing the door again and it opened. In one case the enemy moved in the wrong direction and prevented the door from moving 2 spaces, blocking me from entering the room. So, in conclusion, there are no separate direction codes for pushing a secret door.

Last edited by Asa on Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More information)

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 am