Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath

luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male
    Number of posts : 48
    Job : Network Analyst III
    Registration date : 2013-09-19

Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath Empty Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath

Post by luke skywalker Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 pm

Been awhile since I updated the community on Operation: Arctic Wolf progress graphics, audio, music completely done. Three small things left in the source code and then clean up the maps Very Happy  I will release some more screen shots this weekend. 

With that said I have gotten to the point in Operation: Arctic Wolf where I am running out of things to do  Shocked  lol  Smile I have begun rebuilding The Sorcerers Wrath and I will try release some screen shots when I think the time is right to illuminate the eye and mind. I know this has been along time coming and long awaited MCS wanted me to finish this mod so badly he once offered to complete it for me Smile
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath Empty Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath

Post by luke skywalker Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:08 pm

Proof this is a legit mod on the verge of completion  Wink

http://boytoy31.tripod.com/operationarcticwolf/ -from your browser or a file explorer program or a cell or tablet. Crude video I admit but I said I was going to release more screen shots so instead did something better and uploaded a quick video.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath Empty Re: Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath

Post by Thomas Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Hi Luke,

Would an eventual SDL port be on the table? I know a lot of us are still quite anxious to see this released. Recently, Lance released Wasserstein, though it was originally announced 20 years ago. Arctic Wolf is nearing that stage. I hope you are still hanging onto this, and if you need any help with testing or hints as to how to beat the final product into shape, feel free to write here.
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath Empty Re: Dual Mods... Operation: Arctic Wolf & The Sorcerers Wrath

Post by luke skywalker Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:28 pm

As of right now I will not be releasing any mods in SDL code until they are all released in DOS code. If you read my manual on Operation Arctic Wolf I released last year I believe??? I want all my mods released into the Wolfenstein Community that includes the source codes, graphics  maps everything I have poured my heart and soul into :-) to the public to share and use, to hopefully inspire new wolf modders. Then I will move onto SDL for future mod campaigns. Believe it or not I already have an idea for an SDL TC heheh I don't want to say to much because I want all my other games still hyped but I don't see anyone in the community releasing a TC with friendly bots...I might be wrong though??? I know the argument is going to come down to its a lazy coding issues but that's what makes great wolf modders elite by looking beyond  Cool I will release more screenies of Arctic Wolf this week I have been neglecting you all I see Sad source code is done, graphics are done, its just finish up maps and maybe brush up fine tune the code alittle. But I don't see why I won't have this game released before summer this year
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Post by Thomas Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:03 pm

Good to hear from you, Luke. I respect your endeavors in DOS. If you need help with testing eventual SDL ports, I will gladly assist, and I can ask if MCS has an interest in porting your older sets. These sets were a vital part of Wolf's long modding history.

No matter what, I will be playing this as soon as it's released. Too few mods use the arctic theme. Looking forward to those screenies...
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Post by luke skywalker Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 pm

I know everyone is probably waiting for me to disappear again  Razz its not happening this time I am committed to releasing everything I am just a very very busy person  Twisted Evil  If people want to reach out to me personally and not wait for updates on my website or on the community rooms by all means. The water level and theme should blend well Smile I messed around with the enemy AI to make things alittle more challenging. A side project I am doing is remaking my 2nd mod Project: Esiam, will be a fast easy mod... a good majority of graphics and source code already exist so expect that before Sorcerers Wrath heheh
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Post by luke skywalker Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:55 pm

I think people will enjoy the final product of Sorcerers Wrath and on old school DOS source will be impressed, I am playing lots of Zelda, Skyrim, Heretic, Hexex for ideas to try and bring that kinda atmosphere into Wolfenstein Shocked a treasure hunt and a library level might be forth coming  Surprised
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Post by Nexion Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:47 am

Interesting mix of games you try to blend in there. I don't mind DOS so no problem there as long as it runs. Looking forward to any of those mods that get finished. Because of the theme The Sorcerer's Wrath seems to be the most appealing to me Zombys Whip
    luke skywalker
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male

Post by luke skywalker Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:16 pm

Sorcerers Wrath will be awesome I guarantee it. It is mandatory that it has an rpgish/FPS style with the medieval atmospheric feel otherwise I am redoing it from the beginning again until I get this mod right Exclamation  maybe in addition to saving the poor villagers we might do battle with a dragon saving a nice lovely princess   queen  so many ideas for this TC pirate

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am