Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread

Post by stathmk Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:05 am

This is branching off from https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t1778-the-haven-garbage-bin-spam-edition and I think we need a thread for just Wolf and other video game spam.

The RTCW, Wolf 3D, and Spear of Destiny Steam bundle is now 50% off and down to $4.99 until July 9: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2270/Wolfenstein_3D/
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Pre-order Wolf Youngblood and/or Wolf Cyberpilot before July 26

Post by stathmk Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Pre-order Wolfenstein Youngblood Deluxe and/or Wolfenstein Cyberpilot before July 26 for downloadable content extras.  You'll get certain downloadable content from Amazon Prime or certain other downloadable content from Gamestop to my understanding.  Wolfenstein Cyberpilot requires the virtual reality goggles.  I'll post more about this on The Wolfenstein Goodies Updates thread overnight.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Quakecon sale of up to 80% off Bethesda games

Post by stathmk Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:52 am

Today, there's a sale of up to 80% off Bethesda games.  3 games are free to play!  I glanced over it, and it seems as though all of the Bethesda games released before this month are at least 50% off, with the exception of The Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr, which is 35% off.

Links: Bethesda Steam Sale and Bethesda Steam Sale Specials

Edits: I think the promotion ends July 30th.  I just noticed today that Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure and Hocus Pocus from Apogee are each $4.99 on steampowered.com anyways.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty New X-Box and Playstation 5 next year

Post by stathmk Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:15 pm

I was in one room of my house today when I had overheard the TV from a different room.  I thought that I had heard from the news that Microsoft will release a new X-Box next year.  I didn’t hear the specifics correctly because I didn't walk into the room in time.  But I don’t know if it will be backwards compatible and/or play the modern Wolfenstein and modern Doom games.  I don’t know if it will play discs or only be downloads.  Supposedly there will be a Playstation 5 next year.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Doom Eternal pushed to March 2020

Post by stathmk Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:19 pm

The good news is that if you pre-order Doom Eternal, then you get Doom 64.  The bad news is that there must be a technical problem with finishing Doom Eternal appropriately and the release is pushed to March 2020.

I can't remember over the years who told me that Doom 64 is the real sequel to Doom 2: Hell on Earth and it fits in the Ultimate Doom and Doom 2: Hell on Earth timeline.

Weeks ago, I posted on Diehard Wolfers the link to the SIGIL (or SI6IL?) update patch.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Bethesda Black Friday Sales Today

Post by stathmk Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:30 am

Bethesda Black Friday Sales Today:
    https://bethesda.net/en/article/1QNk2qx92uR4Z1zLIlKwtY/bethesda-black-friday-sales-2019
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Wolf 3D, SOD, and RTCW package

Post by stathmk Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:17 am

The package with Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, and RTCW is down to $2.99 until January 2: https://store.steampowered.com/sub/418/
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Doom Eternal - Official Trailer 2

Post by stathmk Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Doom Eternal - Official Trailer 2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkklG9MA0vM&feature=youtu.be
    At 1:41, is that Shao Khan from The Mortal Kombat series?  EDIT: No, he's the Imperial Marauder at https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/slayers-club-guide .

By the ways, it's available in March for Google Stadia.  I thought that it was MetalJesusRocks on Youtube that made a logical and compelling case to not buy The Google Stadia.

EDIT: I hope that Doom Eternal has Snapmap, but I don't know yet.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Doom is in PC Gamer

Post by stathmk Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:04 am

The June 2020 issue of The North American edition of PC Gamer is the Retro Special.  The cover and pages 30 to 39 are about the 1993 Doom game and 1994's Doom II.  The article mentions Wolfenstein 3D and Catacomb 3D a little bit.  Another article from pages 50 to 53 is about Doom Eternal.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Spanish ID Software book

Post by stathmk Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:17 pm

First, I was a little confused for a minute about why I had gotten a particular message in my inbox.  It's from Kickstarter.  If you scroll down on this English and Spanish page, there's a Spanish collector's edition book for sale about ID Software and there will only be 10 copies!?: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mgp1982/the-legacy-of-the-forgotten-el-legado-de-las-olvidadas
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty ID Anthology on Antique's Roadshow

Post by stathmk Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:42 pm

Yesterday, I believe I saw ID Anthology from 1996 or 1997 on Antique's Roadshow on PBS. I think it was appraised at $200 to $300.

Sponsored content

Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread Empty Re: Wolf and Other Video Game Spam thread

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm