Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread.

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Nexion - Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread. Empty Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread.

Post by stathmk Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 am

Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread.

I was in a web design class in college.  The professor said that if your web site can’t load in 7 seconds, then they go on to the next web site.  I’m sorry, but unfortunately people make a first impression in 7 seconds.  For now on, please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread.  If you don’t post screenshots, a Youtube trailer link, or a Youtube teaser link for your mod, then they might just go on to the next Wolf mod.  There are about 900 or 1,000 Wolf mods over the years.  If you spent weeks or months working on your mod, then you can spend some time working on taking screenshots and posting them.  I didn’t make the mod with you, so you know the most exciting and photogenic parts of your mod.

If you’ve been on The Wolf3D Haven Forum for years, you know who would post without screenshots several ideas for mods, nor post video links, and cancel the projects.

There’s a Doom forum where you’re not even allowed to post your mod ideas anymore if you don’t post screenshots.

To take a screenshot in Windows, press [PRINTSCREEN] or [CTRL][C][PRINTSCREEN].  Then open up MS Paint, Adobe Photoshop, or the free GIMP program from https://www.gimp.org/ .  I know that in Photoshop 6.0.1 that you go to File, New, and then select whatever size that you want.  Then do [CTRL][V] to paste the image.  Then crop the image by going to Image, Canvas Size, and then crop off the edges.  Then go to Layer, and Flatten Image.  Then go to Image, Image size, and change it to the appropriate size.  Then go to File, Save As…, and in the file name blank type the name that you want.  For the Format blank, it’s case sensitive, and I don’t care if it’s .BMP, .GIF, .JPG, .PNG, or .TIF when you post.  If you are too lazy to do this with the most appropriate or most photogenic parts of your mod, then I’m too lazy to do it for you.

Also, please try to explain the name of your mod especially if it has a German name that needs to be translated.  We don’t necessarily know German translations when we’ve just heard the name.

Also, mod makers who still plagiarize will be banned.
    Nexion
    Nexion
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 275
    Hobbie : bringing chaos & madness into universe
    Registration date : 2008-02-27

Nexion - Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread. Empty Re: Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread.

Post by Nexion Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 am

stathmk wrote:Also, mod makers who still plagiarize will be banned.
    Good luck banning half or more of the community. How far are you?

Which Doom forum requires screenshots?
    Also there are million of mods with random German word names. Why bother now.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Nexion - Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread. Empty Re: Nexion

Post by stathmk Thu May 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Nexion wrote:
    stathmk wrote:Also, mod makers who still plagiarize will be banned.
    Good luck banning half or more of the community. How far are you?

Which Doom forum requires screenshots?
    Also there are million of mods with random German word names. Why bother now.
    I clicked the Thanks button because you have an honest question about which Doom forum requires screenshots for ideas.  You made a good point that I had forgotten the ZDoom link: https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13893

As far as German words, here's a link on The February 28th, 2005 news at http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/newsjan2005.htm and http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/germannames.htm that explains a little bit.  Today, I asked about a German name: https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3611-operation-einer-schwanzsturmsoldat#30410 .  I know that I'll have to play the game and see the cutscenes that were talked about that explain the storyline and meaning.

Nexion, to be honest, I would like to know what country you're in and how old you are.  I'm in America and I don't know German.  It's hard for me to explain why an English speaker can't cross every "t" and dot every "i" for a Holocaust book in English.  It's partly because The Holocaust was sometimes translated from German to French to English.  That means that some meanings and emotions have been lost in the language barrier for those who don't know German and weren't alive in the 1940s.  I don't know how to explain it in the most tactful way.  You probably think that I'm being too serious.

Sponsored content

Nexion - Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread. Empty Re: Please post screenshots, a trailer, or a teaser for your mod thread.

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:05 am