Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Minor sound issue in ECWolf...

curseofnight
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2018-02-10

Minor sound issue in ECWolf...

Post by curseofnight on Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:54 am

Hi all, first post! Smile

So I'm replaying Wolf3D for the first time in a few years. I went with ECWolf cuz I keep reading that it was the best, however I'm having an issue where each time I press the 'use' key I hear a bust of static. If I hold the key down I hear a long burst, Very Happy!

I really need a way to fix this, I thought I could just deal with it at first, but I'm on the end of Episode 2 now and it's driving me nuts!

Any help would be great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm running ECWolf on Win10 64bit, and I've encountered this problem on both the 1.3.3 and 1.3.999999 builds. I don't have this problem on other ports(like newwolf) so I'm sure it's ECWolf and not my game files....
    Princess Peach
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Female
    Number of posts : 28
    Registration date : 2017-01-28

Re: Minor sound issue in ECWolf...

Post by Princess Peach on Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:31 pm

Are you saying that it sounds worse in ECWolf than in the DOS version? Smile

Cast your vote now!
    http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6100

curseofnight
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2018-02-10

Post by curseofnight on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 pm

That particular sounds does i guess... Actually, I honestly don't remember a use sound in the DOS version... I know there's the wallbump sound... :\

I looked through a couple 'HD' mods that replace sounds in addition to GFX and I didn't see a player use call in their SNDINFO files. I only found sounds for the player flipping switches, etc. But changing that doesn't fix the problem. I'm hearing a burst of static ANY time I press the use key(like even if there's nothing in front of me to activate), regardless of which key I assign it to....

EDIT: If there is indeed player use sound could you tell me what to type into my SNDINFO file to change it? I could replace with an empty sound file or a grunt...or anything that doesn't hurt my ears. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:42 pm