Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

2 posters

The Golden Episodes (SDL Version)

Milanor
    Milanor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

The Golden Episodes (SDL Version) Empty The Golden Episodes (SDL Version)

Post by Milanor Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Hey fellow wolfers,

I've noticed there is a problem with TGE when I was playing through it.  The problem is about pushwalls.  In the DOS version, the pushwalls move 3 spaces, instead of 2.  This is very important because there are some levels that if the pushwall doesn't advance far enough (2 spaces instead of 3), then one could be missing the secret bonus along with the treasure (and or enemies) behind it.  One example is in Episode 5, level 7. 

Perhaps the problem lies in the programming of the SDL version rather than the map design? I don't really know, but I thought I point it out since I've just recently discovered it. 

-Milanor
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

The Golden Episodes (SDL Version) Empty Ronwolf1705, Thomas, Tricob, & Cyanosis responded

Post by stathmk Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:34 am

Ronwolf1705, Thomas, Tricob, & Cyanosis responded: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=6582&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=20
    Milanor
    Milanor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

The Golden Episodes (SDL Version) Empty Re: The Golden Episodes (SDL Version)

Post by Milanor Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks and I'll take a look. Smile

Edit: Oh crap, I wanted to post there but couldn't because I don't have a non-gmail/yahoo/hotmail account. Sad I've tried to sign up there before, but to no avail so I'm mostly just around the wolf3d haven forum.  Anyways, I agree with Tricob, and Cyanosis about the pushwall situation.  I think instead of changing the SDL port, perhaps changing the level design might be easier, especially if there is only a few levels in which that problem exists.

Sponsored content

The Golden Episodes (SDL Version) Empty Re: The Golden Episodes (SDL Version)

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm