Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods

Milanor
    Milanor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2014-05-23

New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods Empty New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods

Post by Milanor Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Hey fellow wolfers,

I have some suggestions that I've thought of that could be ideas for future mods. Furthermore, if anyone has ideas too, they can feel free to add to the list of suggestions. 

Here are a few that I've thought about:

• For weapons, one could have 3 modes of fire.  Single shot, Burst fire (if applicable - 3 or 4 rounds per shot), and Automatic.  There could be a button and a variable that keeps track of the mode the weapon is on.  For example, we could have the MP40 either be single shot, or automatic. 
    • Another idea is having a leveling system in a wolf3d mod, like BJ gets experience points (in addition to the total score) and there is a little progress bar underneath the total score which shows how much exp to get to the next level.  As BJ levels up, his stamina, fighting ability, and total health can rise as well as weapon damage (probably due to being more accurate with his shots).

These are just a few suggestions that I've thought about before, let me know what you think or if it is something that could be done in a future mod. Smile
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods Empty Post ideas here

Post by stathmk Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:11 am

Possibly post your ideas for Wolfenstein 3D here so that those who have subscribed to the topic can read it:
    https://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t61-list-all-new-ideas-for-wolf3d-here
    Mega Luigi
    Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 160
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods Empty Re: New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods

Post by Mega Luigi Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:45 am

Interesting ideas you got there. I always enjoy seeing different approaches in mods. It helps making them unique.

As a sidenote, I never knew about that thread. Oh my...
    Milanor
    Milanor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods Empty Re: New Mechanics and Suggestions for Mods

Post by Milanor Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:00 am

@stathmk

Yes, I can post the suggestions to the thread. Smile
    doomjedi
    doomjedi
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1378
    Hobbie : Gaming and Modding, Pixel Art
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Post by doomjedi Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:44 pm

We had burst fire in Legacy for sniper rifle.
    But not as a fire mode you can select.
    Milanor
    Milanor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Milanor Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:42 pm

That's true doomjedi, and in retrospect, I would probably have liked the option of single fire on the sniper rifle without having to use the scope. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm