Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

A problem with Countdown to Disaster

Obywatel
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2015-08-25

A problem with Countdown to Disaster Empty A problem with Countdown to Disaster

Post by Obywatel Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:16 am

Hello. I am currently trying to play Gary Ragland's Countdown to Disaster and I am facing a major difficulty: I can't grab the additional keys. Whenever I walk onto them, nothing happens. Consequently, I am unable to complete any map in this game. I use Win 7, so I run the game by means of DosBox - could it be the reason why I can't collect the additional keys?

I would appreciate any help.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

A problem with Countdown to Disaster Empty Re: A problem with Countdown to Disaster

Post by Thomas Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:37 am

You can download the SDL version here, which runs perfectly on Win7. SDL needs no DosBox. Perhaps you already know that: http://www.veracottis.co.uk/CdownSDL.zip

Fairly certain that your saved game should work... But don't hang me up on it.

A problem with Countdown to Disaster Empty Re: A problem with Countdown to Disaster

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Sounds like you ran it with wolf3d.exe instead of cdown.exe

Last edited by Chokster37 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 17 times in total
    Obywatel
    Wolf3d n00b
    Wolf3d n00b

Number of posts : 2
    Registration date : 2015-08-25

Post by Obywatel Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:35 pm

Thanks for your advice. I'll try the SDL version then.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 am

Last edited by    on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

A problem with Countdown to Disaster Empty Chris' original post

Post by stathmk Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:05 pm

Obywatel, I know that you're new here, but Chokster37 and __ (The lightning bolt avatar) are probably both the same person.  Chris (Chokster37) deletes his posts and accounts to try to be cute or funny & it gets annoying.  So don't take yourself too seriously.  This was what his post in the thread was before he changed it 14 times:

= = = = =
    DOS version (Cdown.exe) works for me in Windows 98. I played Level 6 start to finish and all 4 keys showed up on status bar when I picked them up and all opened the locked doors they should. I remember beating the DOS version before too.

All 4 keys on Level 1 also worked for me in Dosbox 0.73 in Linux. Savegame: chokfiles.webs.com/SAVEGAM0.WL6

P.S. Pressing M-L-I will make you lose both extra keys if you have them. I'm guessing that's what you did here.  Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
    = = = = =

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Last edited by    on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

A problem with Countdown to Disaster Empty Re: Chris

Post by stathmk Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:48 pm

This is actually stathmk. Mods may feel free to delete my other stathmk account.
    I didn't know that Chris has multiple personality disorder and thinks that he's me!  If Chris has multiple personality disorder, then Chris' husband may have finally had a threesome!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:32 pm