Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release

Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 158
    Registration date : 2012-04-05

Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release Empty Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release

Post by Metalor Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:24 pm

Well, after months of waiting Guns and Glory is finally ready to have its final release to the public.

This release comes with 7 new levels, including one provided by Ronwolf1705, new music, and a new features menu that allows players to customize certain aspects of the game to make it easier to play. There's also improved mouse support, and numerous bug fixes and tweaks to ensure the game is running smoother than ever.

Check out the Mod Database page right here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/guns-and-glory-the-story-retold
    snuffi
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2013-08-09

Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release Empty Re: Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release

Post by snuffi Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:16 am

on my windows 8 notebook it crashes after loading a new game... i tried the compatibility modes but doesnt work
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release Empty Re: Guns and Glory: The Story Retold - Final Release

Post by Metalor Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Hmmm. Are you sure none of the game files are missing? Aside from the AUDIOHED and AUDIOT files, it should have all of the necessary files from the original Wolf3d inside.

Otherwise, since I made and ran the game in Windows 7, I don't know what to tell you. Could be SDL and Windows 8 don't like each other.
    snuffi
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2013-08-09

Post by snuffi Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:11 am

thanks for the fast answer. i copied the two files into the game folder, but it doesnt work. all other sdl mods run on this notebook.... hmmm... dont know what the problem is
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:12 am

Maybe try running the game with the .OGG music? Or delete the config.wl6 file and try again?

I may need more information; this seems quite peculiar.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Number of posts : 78
    Registration date : 2013-02-26

Post by Kumano Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:40 pm

I might be a little late here... But I recently discovered this new version in my download folder so I decided to run through this mode one more time since it's fun to play. 

The thing I like the most is that you can finally get 100% items in lvl16, that is some good work Very Happy But there is at least one remaining issue - I can't get 100% kills in levels where are enemies using teleports. And I'm not sure, if its possible to get 100% secrets and treasure in the doom level. 

I also have to say that I'm really enjoying the crazy secret level where you fight the three girls. I would love more levels like this one. But I have a feeling the soundtrack in this level is slightly changed in this version, or I at least had a feeling it was more awsome as I was playing it before...
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:29 pm

Glad you liked it. Actually, it was possible to get all of the items on map 16 even before the new map, it was just really confusing and difficult to do so.

Not being able to get 100% kills in levels where enemies can use teleporters is a new one; but I'm no longer updating this game, so I'm afraid if that error persists, it will unfortunately remain unresolved.

It should be possible to get 100% everything on every level. If memory serves, the Doom level only features powerup items which count as treasure. Score is given completely from enemies in that one. Some of the secrets are hidden via switch walls, and they house the missing items. Enable the Automap if you have problems (which may need a brand new save game file if my memory serves).

The level with the 3 girls was one of my favorites to make. The music is the exact same song, just different samplings. The MIDI version is longer; the .OGG version had to be clipped to be converted to .IMF, which was then converted to OGG. There should be a feature to change the music, though it may not work to change it while in a current game.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 am

I tried to look at the doom level in a mapeditor and I saw some missing teleports... But I'm not sure why I didn't get all secrets and treasure items. Even with mapeditor, I wasn't able to figure out where is the missing secret/treasures... Although I saw some inaccessible area, so I guess it's just a mapping bug...
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 pm

There are no missing teleports. If you're referring to the 6 enemies sealed off in their own inaccessible rooms, they teleport in to two locations quite nearby. You have to make noise in the area behind the grey key doors for them to come out. Said area is within the cathedral portion of the map.

Trust me, it is possible to get 100% on every level, there are no mapping oversights. I'm too Obsessive Compulsive to leave even one in there.

Spoiler:
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:44 pm

Well, the part with six enemies does not work for me. I can hear their growls but only three of them are comming out of their rooms. And since I no longer have a savegame from that level, I can't try any new ideas Sad If I had the samegame, I can do a youtube video with that level...
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:01 pm

That is very peculiar. Well, as I've said, I won't be updating this mod any further, so if the problem persists, it shall unfortunately remain unresolved.

Still that is quite puzzling to hear. I tested every level extensively, and never had any problems with the teleporters. Can you tell your game setup in the customization menu? That may help, and I at least want to know why this problem might have occurred so that future projects will not be blemished by it.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:14 am

Sadly, I have no idea how to access customizatin menu...
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:15 pm

It's in the Controls menu I believe. There's no special trick to it; it should be quite easy to find.
    Kumano
    Kumano
    Sophomore
    Sophomore

Post by Kumano Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:28 am

Well, since I had no idea there's a custom menu, I didn't use any of those features...
    Metalor
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Post by Metalor Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:27 am

Yes, that thought had occurred to me as well. So, I guess it's just a quirk of your particular experience.

Sorry to come up short of answers for your problem. Hopefully it doesn't persist in the future.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm