Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

[RELEASE] ECWolf Mod Releases 1/2015-4/2015

AstroCreep
    Lucky
    Lucky

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Job : Being A Super Beast
    Hobbie : Your mom
    Registration date : 2015-05-23

[RELEASE] ECWolf Mod Releases 1/2015-4/2015

Post by AstroCreep on Sat May 23, 2015 10:48 am

All of these mods I made earlier this year. Never got around to posting them anywhere else until just now, however, so here are some links to a few of my ECWolf mods. These all work best with the development version of ECWolf, and I will try to maintain compatibility with updates. To play, simply drag and drop onto the ECWolf executable, or use arg --file from the command line. All of these require registered Wolfenstein 3D v1.4 (GT Version - updater available on ECWolf site)

HALTEN SIE! - Conversion to ECWolf (LowRes / HiRes)

Description:
    Here is a conversion of "Halten Sie!" by Laz Rojas to ECWolf. This has the original 10 levels from the PC set, plus the missing 2nd level that was from the Mac scenario and also was in the WolfenDoom scenario. Everything was copied over from the original mapset, except for the 2nd level, which I mapped out by comparing it to the wolfendoom version. Since the Trans and DK sprites are just pasted over Gretel and Fatface, this is incompatible with the sprite enhancement set.

Low Res Screenshots:

HiRes Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD LowRes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/43e7e5y19990qrj/halten.pk3
    DOWNLOAD HiRes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/o4f17r39sb4r5g4/haltenhires.pk3
    Original Thread

SECOND ENCOUNTER - Level Conversion to PC Wolfenstein for ECWolf

Description:
    This is a conversion of Second Encounter to ECWolf. I used the Macenstein levels as a base and then made a bunch of edits, as it was created with tons of custom items. This is NOT a conversion of Macenstein - these are only the levels and the code for the bosses and weapons. I have never ever seen the actual 2nd encounter levels backported to the original wolf, with the exception of Macenstein, which makes it play exactly like the Mac version. In my opinion, the versions with front facing sprites are a completely different game, its more of a run-and-gun 3d maze shooter. It completely lacks the stealth element. So I ported the levels over to ECWolf. I have also made a hi-res version using my mac walls weapons and items pack.

Features:
    All 30 of the levels from the Mac Family Wolf3D (SNES, Mac, 3DO, Jaguar)
    Both the rocket launcher and the flame thrower (low res sprites from SNES version, hi-res sprites from Mac version)
    All extra bosses ported over from Spear of Destiny (However, since I was too lazy to write a new xlat, their monster id's overwrite gretel, otto and fatface)
    Extra music from Spear of Destiny
    Ham

Differences from original:
    No backpack. Sorry, I'm new to decorate and I just couldn't figure it out.
    Item placement is slightly different, as I had to guess for rocket launchers and flame throwers

This will probably be pretty obsolete once ECWolf has full MacWolf support, however I still like playing these levels in PC Wolf

Sources
    Sprite Fixes - Sprite Fix Project by PSTrooper
    SNES Wolf3D
    Mac Wolf3D
    WolfenDoom (For low res pick up sprites)
    Spear of Destiny
    Macenstein 3D

LOWRES ScreenShots:

HiRes ScreenShots:

DOWNLOAD LowRes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aw98fw2i25w8he/2nd_enc.pk3
    DOWNLOAD HiRes - http://www.mediafire.com/download/tjy25rtd3jt8c1m/2nd_enchires.pk3
    Original Thread

ESCAPE FROM TOTENHAUS - Conversion to ECWolf (LowRes Only)

Description:
    This is another conversion of one of Laz's PC sets. This one is a conversion of "Escape from Totenhaus". This set has 10 levels and almost every graphic and sound has been replaced.

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ybr87n7y4s373r/totenhaus.pk3
    Original Thread

WOLFPAK 1

Description:
    This is a compilation of all the maps I have made from the years of 1996-2006, minus 2 really horrible maps (even compared to some of the winners in this pack), cleaned up and packed together with spiffy textures collected from my old mods. In total there are 48 maps, ranging in quality from quite decent to crapstick, however some of them were from when I was about 8 or 9 years old, so I'm going to ride that excuse into the ground, lol. Maps are taken from Gorenstein 3D, Gorenstein II, Heil Hitler!, and SamWolf.

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/download/xvplce6008ha469/wolfpak.pk3
    Original Thread

WOLFPAK 2

Description:
    This is a compilation of many levels, all taken from vanilla Shareware and Registered Wolfenstein 3D mods, created from the years of 1993-2002 or so. No drastic changes have been made, except for a few bugfixes and enemy placement and such. In total there are 122 maps divided between 13 sets.

Changes from originals
    Edited exits, as some caused errors due to the location of the triggers
    HiRes Textures and Sprites from my Mac GFX Pack, all other sprites from PSTroopers Sprite Fix Pack
    Edited a few walls, for some reason some of these had unknown wall types, which is odd since none of these had source hacks. The unknown walls would crash the game
    Added Spear bosses, to add a bit of variety (IDs replace pacman ghosts)
    Various fixes
    Cows

List of Maps
    All of these can be found at: http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~brlowe/index.html or http://www.wolfenstein3d.co.uk/index.htm

Registered MapSets:
    Misja Jakuba Hierowskiego by Jakub Hierowski
    Operation Overkill by Randall Penn
    Terror Returns by rdk Software
    Wlf_3d by unknown
    WolfNDie by unknown
    ZW1 Phase One by De Zeurkous

Shareware Mapsets
    10levels by unknown
    Castlestein by Daniel Patterson
    CMapset1 by unknown
    Nazi Invasion by Jonathan Wiseman
    New11 by Ideas from the Deep
    Raid on Wolfenstein by Bryan Banfield
    SGE by N. Korroveen
    Original Maps - http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldd12t2smtxack9/WolfPak_2_-_Original_Maps.7z

Sources
    Music from -

The Addams Family (SNES), Super Metroid (SNES), Blake Stone (PC), Doom (PC), Doom II (PC),
    Spear of Destiny (PC), Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), The Tick (SNES), originals by
    Sam Feichter (AstroCreep), Hexen (PC), a few from Reactor's IMF Pack

Other sources -

Walls and Item Sprites - Wolfenstein 3D (Mac)
    All other sprites - Wolfenstein 3D Sprite Fix for ECWolf by PSTrooper
    Extra bosses from Spear of Destiny
    Some menu graphics edited from Tech Demo, others edited from Spear of Destiny

Screenshots:

DOWNLOAD - http://www.mediafire.com/download/0nvxv02lj285o7x/wolfpak2.pk3
    Original Thread

MAC GFX RESOURCES - for mod creation
    DOWNLOAD - Textures Items/Decor Weapons

Created in 2015 by AstroCreep (Sam Feichter)
    all assets from these mods can be used in whatever project you want to create, provided that any material originally created by me is credited to me and all material created by other people are credited to whoever created the original asset. More details included inside .pk3 files.
    Tools used - HWE, WDC, ChaosEdit, Wolfenpack, MS Paint, Ultimate Paint, Photoshop CS6, SLADE, TextWrangler, FL Studio 11 (and tons of VSTS), Anvil Studio, IMFCreator, ezvid
    Please note that not all tools were used in every mod

COMING SOON
    COMING NOT SO SOON

Last edited by AstroCreep on Thu May 28, 2015 8:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1660
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Re: [RELEASE] ECWolf Mod Releases 1/2015-4/2015

Post by Thomas on Sat May 23, 2015 11:06 am

Good old Sam. These shots look wonderful. Will we get a Gorenstein SDL port though? Very Happy

stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Re: [RELEASE] ECWolf Releases 1/2015-4/2015

Post by stathmk on Sat May 23, 2015 11:09 am

Welcome to the forums. I think youve spent a lot of time on this.

Im the webmaster of wolfensteingoodies.com. Tristan will be the webmaster of wolfenstein3d.co.uk in October. I think that I need to chat with Tristan within a week about who will post which files on their web sites because we need to organize.

Ill put these on the list of mods that Tristan or I will need to post.

You have a Macintosh. I will private message you some technical questions about Macintoshes possibly within a week.

AstroCreep
    Lucky
    Lucky

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Job : Being A Super Beast
    Hobbie : Your mom
    Registration date : 2015-05-23

Post by AstroCreep on Sat May 23, 2015 11:11 am

@Thomas - Lol, probably not. I consider Wolfpak as superceding all of my old mods. Not to mention that I have NO SDL experience, and WOLF4SDL doesn't work all that great on my desktop. If you really want one though, go ahead and bang one out, I'm always down for anyone to enhance my work.

@stathmk - Thanks much boss, to be honest the early conversions only took about a day to do, lol. Halten Sie! and WolfPak 2 probably took the most time. And I don't know much, but any questions you have I'll be glad to answer to the best of my ability lol.

EDIT - A bug in the mapinfo for both versions of Second Encounter has been fixed. Please redownload.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:39 am

Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:39 am