Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

4 posters

Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod)

AdamMasterArt
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2014-11-09

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod)

Post by AdamMasterArt Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:10 pm

If you are a brony/pegasister in the fourms, then this mod is for you! Created for my friend Shadayloronic, this game is about Autumn, an alicorn whose powers were taken away by Lord Tirek, was thrown into a prison below the Castle of the Two Sisters. And it is up to you to escape the evils within, and take down Tirek! The demo of the game is free whilethe FULL version is in development.

Description: You are Autumn, an Alicorn who is
    best friends with Angel and Nocturnus. One day,
    you were taken by Lord Tirek, and had your powers
    taken away and was thrown into a prison cell deep
    below the Castle of the Two Sisters. And it is up to
    you to escape this madness and take down Tirek!

NOTE: Be sure to open the "PlayAutumn.BAT" file, not
    the ecwolf one!

*This is the Beta version of the demo, updates and
    changes will come out soon!

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) 868b45f6e40c3707257a486229c33047-d80wx6e
    Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Screenshot1.1
    Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Herecomes

Links to Download the Demo:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumns-adventure/downloads/autumns-adventure-the-first-encounter-beta-v-10
    http://adammasterart.deviantart.com/art/Autumn-s-Adventure-Demo-Version-AVAILABLE-NOW-493421436
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1778
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty There's another My Little Pony mod

Post by stathmk Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Welcome to the forums.

I'll play a level later.

There's another My Little Pony mod at http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2572-scoot-hard-public-beta .

Forgive me for typing this, but are you really a guy named Adam or are you comedian Chris back on the forums?  He likes cartoonish practical jokes.  It's fine with me if you're him, but I would just like to know.  Smile
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1737
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty Re: Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod)

Post by Thomas Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:58 pm

I don't think Chris would go through all the hassle of changing the status bar lol... And if there are no unorthodox coding tricks, I doubt it too... But it's a nice way to get into the community, actually releasing something that has original graphics in it - and, I suppose, levels as well. I have personally never understood non-girl fascination with ponies or anime in general and all that stuff, but the work here looks pretty solid... Any interest can spark great creativity, even in Wolf modding.
    AdamMasterArt
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty Re: Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod)

Post by AdamMasterArt Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:58 am

stathmk wrote:Welcome to the forums.

I'll play a level later.

There's another My Little Pony mod at http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t2572-scoot-hard-public-beta .

Forgive me for typing this, but are you really a guy named Adam or are you comedian Chris back on the forums?  He likes cartoonish practical jokes.  It's fine with me if you're him, but I would just like to know.  Smile
    Yes, my actuall name is Adam
    AdamMasterArt
    Freshmen
    Freshmen

Post by AdamMasterArt Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:09 am

stathmk wrote:Welcome to the forums.

I'll play a level later.

Yes, my actuall name is Adam

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Thomas wrote:I don't think Chris would go through all the hassle of changing the status bar lol... And if there are no unorthodox coding tricks, I doubt it too... But it's a nice way to get into the community, actually releasing something that has original graphics in it - and, I suppose, levels as well. I have personally never understood non-girl fascination with ponies or anime in general and all that stuff, but the work here looks pretty solid... Any interest can spark great creativity, even in Wolf modding.

I would have preferred if this MLP mod had more main characters from the show, like Fluttershy, and I think killing ponies is kind of in bad taste (the makers of "Friendship is Magic" would probably facepalm), but the jumping sequence at the end was cute. I too feel that wolf3d mods in general need more original graphics though, even MS-Paint ones.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty One account per person please.

Post by stathmk Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:38 am

Chris, please don't make and delete accounts anymore.  That's annoying.  I know I can't tell you for very long what to do, but moderator Eric typed that officially only one account is allowed per person: http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3169-more-than-one-account

While I'm chatting with you, I have an idea.  Maybe convert Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrade level sets to SDL.  Maybe include Stephen Straub's graphics in the conversions.  I need to look over The Dome News archives to find his graphics.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:21 pm

stathmk wrote:While I'm chatting with you, I have an idea.  Maybe convert Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrade level sets to SDL.  Maybe include Stephen Straub's graphics in the conversions.  I need to look over The Dome News archives to find his graphics.

You would make an excellent husband! Fortunately, your technically-gifted wife would just delete Windows from your computer and show you how to play the Wolfenstein 3D Super Upgrades naturally in real MS-DOS instead. Cool
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:13 am

The Super Upgrades pack is not SDL worthy... Or is it just me? Some of those maps are brutally bad.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty Level Set C

Post by stathmk Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:23 pm

Thomas wrote:The Super Upgrades pack is not SDL worthy... Or is it just me? Some of those maps are brutally bad.
    I've heard that level set C is 60 levels and made by Id Software when they were still called Ideas From The Deep.  Maybe that one is the best.
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Post by Andy Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Ideas From The Deep is NOT id Software. They may have been acquaintances of the id people, IIRC.

As to quality, the levels are among the worst of the Upgrade Pack, not the best. Although they were a professional gaming company, IFTD apparently had little talent for making Wolf3d levels. Even FormGen's team that did the Spear Missions were better at it.

BJ Rowan's 'The Renovation' was probably the best of the Upgrade Pack.
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Post by Thomas Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:24 am

Oh yeah, The Renovation was part of that... Did any of the authors know about this? What is the background story of this particular set? I've always wondered.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty Ideas From The Deep

Post by stathmk Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:46 am

Andy wrote:Ideas From The Deep is NOT id Software. They may have been acquaintances of the id people, IIRC. ...

Um… Well…  I don’t mean this as an insult, but one of us is confused.  Look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCafnH_eisA&t=10m50s .  Either they have the wrong information that Ideas From The Deep became ID Software or you have the wrong information.  It doesn’t matter because I’m not mad at you.  I might be the confused one. You may be right.
    Andy
    Andy
    Seasoned Wolfer
    Seasoned Wolfer

Number of posts : 280
    Registration date : 2007-12-22

Post by Andy Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:47 am

In the late 1980's John Romero and Lane Roathe co-founded a company named Ideas From The Deep.

John formed id Software with John Carmack, et al. in 1991.

They were separate companies merely linked by John's former membership/co-foundership of the first one.

The video maker has the wrong information.

Besides, how can Ideas From The Deep make add-on levels for id's Wolf3d if IFTD became id?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Romero
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

Wolf3d - Autumn's Adventure (an MLP Wolf3d Mod) Empty Is Chris still here?

Post by stathmk Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:47 am

Chris, I’ve gotten your private message.  No, I don’t have ICQ.  If you want to tell me something, then contact me a few times a year at the email listed on the wolfensteingoodies.com home page.  My Wolf 3D Haven inbox is very close to 100% full and I need to delete outdated messages this weekend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am