Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Quick question about modding with SDL...

RSImage
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Number of posts : 25
    Registration date : 2014-07-09

Quick question about modding with SDL...

Post by RSImage on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:20 pm

I'm no programmer, so I'll be pretty much sticking to the tutorials for now.. but are these 100% compatible with SDL? I want to start with ceiling/floor textures to get my feet wet, and probably also do something with the light if it works for what I have in mind -- both of these I know have tutorials for them. Thanks guys.

WLHack

Male
    Number of posts : 798
    Registration date : 2007-03-26

Re: Quick question about modding with SDL...

Post by WLHack on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:03 pm

@RSImage wrote:I'm no programmer, so I'll be pretty much sticking to the tutorials for now.. but are these 100% compatible with SDL? I want to start with ceiling/floor textures to get my feet wet, and probably also do something with the light if it works for what I have in mind -- both of these I know have tutorials for them. Thanks guys.
    Actually in the SDL-code all the Rippers features (shading, outshide atmosphere, floor and ceiling textures, direction sprites) are already appended... You just need to uncomment them in version.h.

Hammer: I can see it now: you and the moon - wear a necktie so I'll know you.
    Building a new webpage...

Mega Luigi
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Number of posts : 135
    Registration date : 2012-11-01

Post by Mega Luigi on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:55 am

@RSImage wrote:I'm no programmer, so I'll be pretty much sticking to the tutorials for now.. but are these 100% compatible with SDL? I want to start with ceiling/floor textures to get my feet wet, and probably also do something with the light if it works for what I have in mind -- both of these I know have tutorials for them. Thanks guys.
    Using SDL is definitely worth, but, if you use a tutorial for DOS, sometimes there are little things that don't quite match with the SDL version. Just in case you have any problem with this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:59 pm

Current date/time is Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:59 pm