Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

[Tutorial] Installing Floedit for Windows 8.1

Ipank7000
    Ipank7000
    Can I Play, Daddy?
    Can I Play, Daddy?

Male
    Number of posts : 42
    Job : Studying in Indonesia University (Universitas Indonesia)
    Registration date : 2011-04-21

[Tutorial] Installing Floedit for Windows 8.1 Empty [Tutorial] Installing Floedit for Windows 8.1

Post by Ipank7000 Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 am

I don't know this is the right place and the right time to post it, and i don't know if anyone still use floedit as a wolf3d editor.

Anyway, last time i bought my new laptop and i installed Windows 8.1 pro in it and it's 64-bit. So, i tried install floedit and instead i got the message. So after i looking around i found the solutions. And i think it should work well in another 64-bit OS.

The message :
    [Tutorial] Installing Floedit for Windows 8.1 Error

1. Before you start you will need:

* Universal Extractor
    * BDE Setup
    * Floedit itself (of course Very Happy). Link

2. Then install the universal extractor.

3. Run your floedit and you will get an error same as above. You will get a crazy message but it will says something like this:
    Code:
    This program or feature C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Temp\~EXB0000\DISK1 and bla bla bla...

You can't do anything but go to that dir. (Just type it in file explorer).

4. After you go to that location you will find some files. Open file called "_setup.1" (with universal extractor) then change the destination folder to your desktop for example. Then just keep click ok and then go to your desktop and you will get 3 folders (Group 1,2,and 3).
    5. Copy all files in "Group 1" and then paste it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Floedit".
    6. Copy all files in "Group 2" and then paste it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE" and you can delete those 3 folders if you want (Group 3 is useless BTW :-P )
    7. Then install the BDE.
    8. Go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\bdeadmin.exe"

Note: If you find "Floedit" under "database" sign, just click it and make sure the PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Floedit". After that just save it and exit then you can RUN the floedit. Congratulations. Very Happy

9. Right click in "database" sign (with tube image thingy beside it) then click new.
    10. Keep it "STANDARD" then click Ok. Then rename it with floedit and make sure the PATH "C:\Program Files (x86)\Floedit". Then save it and exit.
    11. Congratulation, you can run the floedit now Very Happy .

Why floedit? well just because this is my favorite map editor and i enjoy editing the map with it. If anyone still get error just reply the topic.

Sorry for my bad english BTW.

Thank you,
    Ipank7000

Sleeping.... ( -.-) zZz

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am