Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

Hitler died in 1943

Joshua
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male
    Number of posts : 107
    Registration date : 2014-06-25

Hitler died in 1943

Post by Joshua on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:33 am

I am back on this forum now. I believe that Hitler died in 1943 in episode 3 of Wolfenstein 3D. This makes sense since RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009 take place after. Both RTCW and Wolfenstein 2009 take place in 1943. Hitler was resurrected in 1943. In 1945, Hitler committed suicide. What do you people think?

The New Order is not canon to me at all.

It is possible that episode 3 could have time jumped to 1945, but that seems unlikely.

If this was the case, the timeline was altered.

Re: Hitler died in 1943

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:47 am

Perhaps BJ killed Hitler in 1943, not knowing he would commit suicide in 1945, therefore shortening the war by 2 years.

If it happened in 1945, BJ was probably just killing time in nazi castles stealing their Fantas and Adolf got in the way.

stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Re: What do you people think?

Post by stathmk on Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:05 pm

jpb1991 wrote:...What do you people think?...
    I think that you’re being pedantic – overly concerned with minute details.  We don’t want to be obligated to fit our mod storylines into your timelines or alternate timelines.

Wolfenstein 3D in May 1992 was 3 episodes.  I remember from that time.  Then it became 6 episodes by the time that we bought it in April 1993.  Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are prequels taking place before episodes 1, 2, and 3.  If you remember the Spear of Destiny ending, The Spear of Destiny takes place before the death of Hitler with Roosevelt writing a letter to Blaskowics.

If you want to nit-pick, Roosevelt, Mussolini, Eva Braun, and Hitler all died in April 1945.  V.E. Day was May 6, 1945.  An Almanac lists somebody else briefly in change of Germany after Hitler’s death.

I wrote a non-fiction term paper in high school that included the death of Hitler.  80 minutes before Hitler committed suicide, a particular landmark in Nuremberg was bombed and looted by the Allies or Russians, but I don’t know if Hitler knew that at the time.  When the Allies and Russians were surrounding him, he killed himself.  The torso was cremated and flushed down a toilet.  In 1978, I think, the Russians identified a skull matching Hitler’s dental records that was kept at a Russian base.  The base had to be handed over to East Germany or Poland, I think.  So they cremated the skull and dumped it in a river.

DNA wasn’t normally talked about or well known in 1978, so they probably wouldn’t have kept a DNA sample to say, “Hey, we cremated a corpse and the DNA matches Hitler’s.”  The first DNA test to convict a criminal was 1980 or 1981.  DNA became more talked about with the 1993 movie Jurassic Park and the 1994 OJ Simpson trial.  But you’re younger than me, so you honestly wouldn’t have remembered 1994.

But I don’t want to obligate anybody to follow my timeline because that would take some fun out of it.

Joshua
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male

Post by Joshua on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:06 pm

The Triad might have revived Hitler in 1943 since Hitler was their puppet if you consider the original cancelled sequel canon. A simple explanation is that a Nazi scientist revived Hitler. If Deathshead is a clone of Schabbs, Deathshead is the perfect candidate to revive Hitler.

stathmk
    Hardcore Wolfer
    Hardcore Wolfer

Male
    Number of posts : 1403
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

Maybe I take you so seriously because you take things so seriously.

Post by stathmk on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Maybe I take you so seriously because you take things so seriously.

Are you also "Therefore?"

Joshua
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male

Post by Joshua on Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:12 pm

I am not Therefore. I have an analytical mind. I am a deep thinker and like to ponder things that are interesting to me.

Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 am

@stathmk wrote:Maybe I take you so seriously because you take things so seriously.

Are you also "Therefore?"
    Therefore is probably Chris.
    And who or what Chris is is still unknown, we just call this phenomena 'Chris' as a placeholder name.

The story for Wolfenstein games is a bit flawed though. Hitler's dead and then we're thrown back to RTCW and then Wolf 2009 and then Wolf: New Order? It's not that big of a deal I guess because the games are so loosely linked in story.
    They did have Caroline Becker in Wolf 2009 and the New Order though.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Joshua
    Bring em' On!
    Bring em' On!

Male

Post by Joshua on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:23 am

Caroline died in 2009, then due to the alternate timeline, did not die.

Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Male
    Number of posts : 5090
    Job : Student, Part time Cactuar fanatic
    Hobbie : Planting Cactuars.
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Dark_wizzie on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:45 am

Makes more sense if she was alive and survived by some miracle.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:29 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:29 am