Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Please log in or register. Smile

Wolf3d Haven Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wolf3d Haven Forum

A friendly Wolfenstein 3D community, about Wolfenstein 3D, the game that gave birth to first person shooters...

3 posters

Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!?

stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Job : fast food worker & wolfensteingoodies.com webmaster
    Hobbie : old games & young dames
    Registration date : 2008-04-08

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!?

Post by stathmk Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 am

My sister's husband has a greenhouse.  My understanding is that Dark_wizzie has a greenhouse, and grows and sells cactuars.

The America's Got Talent judges like strange and controversial acts.  I remember one year, two circus freaks were boyfriend and girlfriend.  One of them turned on a power drill and put it down the other's throat.  Host Nick Cannon said that he wouldn't do that for the $1 million prize.  We're too normal and gentlemanly to be on the show.   scared 

This week, I was watching America's Got Talent again.  I saw an episode where a man tried to set the record for the most tarantulas on his face.  The next person put Madagascar cockroaches in his mouth and spit them out.  The next person said that she was making music with plants?  The next man was eating a cactus.  The judges didn't vote him through and he complained to host Nick Cannon backstage about the cactus pricks caught in his throat.  scared 

Would you eat a cactus if you were paid $1 million?

I will listen to hulu.com for possibly 3 hours trying to find the episode and where you can fast forward to it.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female
    Number of posts : 5120
    Job : Investor
    Hobbie : Computers, chess, computer chess, fashion, and philosophy
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty Re: Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!?

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:06 pm

Randomly ended up at this video a few weeks ago.
    Watching his reaction, the answer is no.

If I get to slice it up, maybe if I sliced the needles up into a thin powder I can just swallow it without too much trouble. 

Cactuar is a recurring video game monster in Final Fantasy series.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male
    Number of posts : 1739
    Registration date : 2007-09-13

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty Re: Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!?

Post by Thomas Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Still cannot grasp how in the land of Twinkie people would want to eat a cactus.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty I found the America's Got Talent videos

Post by stathmk Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:25 pm

I didn’t know that the cactuar is some kind of Final Fantasy character? I watched the 8-minute video you posted.

Begin watching at a little bit before the 1 hour mark here http://www.hulu.com/watch/652391#i0,p1,d0 for what I was talking about starting with the crazy tarantula guy. In the same video, go to about 1:03:00 for the cactus eating man.

I remember this from America's Got Talent in 2006. The original title on Youtube was, “Every man's fantasy:” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPqhL-PNyZc Apparently, Lilia Stepanova is Greek-American!? She’s been on Greece’s Got Talent.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:53 pm

Hulu blocks my adblock.
    You crafty son of a bitch, Hulu.

But yea, tons of people who go on these shows are deluded or crazy. At least the guy in the video I showed, he got a ton of views and money to go with it. This guy is doing it for only fame.

Cactuar is not cactus. They are spelled differently. Typically Cactuars have odd behaviors and stats... Like, in Final Fantasy 13, killing a cactuar gives you like 7777xp. And the cactuar would do this funny dance around the map running away from you. Then there's the Gigataur which is the picture for my profile. It's basically a huge version of the cactuar. The trademark attack for the cactuar is 1,000 needles and it does 1,000 damage flat irrespective of armor, and Gigatuar does 10,000 needles which in FF13 does 10,000 damage and inflicts tons of nasty status ailments.

The Cactuar is one of the more recognizable Final Fantasy monsters.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty Pica

Post by stathmk Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:39 am

I had forgotten to post yesterday that cactus eaters must have the psychological trait of pica.  Pica is where somebody is addicted to eating too much ice, much more salt than they should have, or non-food substances.  I thought that I saw an episode of My Strange Addiction where a woman was eating baby powder on an almost daily basis.

I think of myself as too young to have a divorce even if I were married.  If somebody not related to me is divorced, telling the truth, and nobody is hurt, then it's none of my business.  From talk shows and shows like My Strange Addiction, the people with pica seemed to me to be daughters of worse divorces, or women who were divorced.  That might provide some psychological insight, but it's none of my business because I'm not a divorce counselor or psychologist.
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:42 am

Or...
    People eat cactus to get attention. And money.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty I think we’re too normal and don’t understand people’s psychological issues.

Post by stathmk Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:05 am

Good point.  I’m not trying to be a smart Alec, but you have heard of pica, haven’t you?  You have heard of this tv show haven’t you?: http://www.discoveryfitandhealth.com/tv-shows/specials/videos/my-strange-addiction-season-2.htm

I think we’re too normal and don’t understand people’s psychological issues.  I thought I read in Discover magazine that a woman in a mental hospital died after having her stomach full of metal.  I’m not sure, she might have been trying to kill herself.  I saw an article about a man who ate 3 feet of wire every day including lead.  I wouldn’t know that lead has a sweet taste.  He was diagnosed with lead poisoning.

It might be cultural too.  I think that it’s Thailand where they eat scorpions and other crustaceans.  I think that it’s Bhutan or Nepal where they eat cremations of princes and kings.  Ponce De Leon, Columbus, or whomever noticed that the Native Americans were eating spiders.

I think that extreme poverty can lead to this too.  Our history book said that during the French Revolution that the peasants had practically nothing.  They ate rats, sawdust, and leather belts.  We don’t know how lucky we are to live in America and eat whenever we want.  I don’t take food for granted.
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty pica-pic.com

Post by stathmk Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:39 pm

I wish that I had pica so that I could eat the delicious video games at pica-pic !  They were from my childhood years!

Last edited by stathmk on Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link fixed)
    Dark_wizzie
    Dark_wizzie
    I am Death Incarnate!
    I am Death Incarnate!

Female

Post by Dark_wizzie Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:58 pm

You think of the weirdest things, lol.
    Pica won't explain the need to eat cactus like that. There are much better ways of eating cactus without hurting yourself. Cacti are eaten in various places around the world, yet nobody eats it directly. This isn't because somebody craves cactus needles for no reason, you can prepare the needles in a way that doesn't hurt like that.

So again, it's for attention, money, and just because mentality.

Wolf3d Haven
    Minute Logic Blog
    stathmk
    stathmk
    Veteran
    Veteran

Male

world - Dark_wizzie might like to watch this cactus eater!? Empty Re: ...cacti are eaten in various places around the world...

Post by stathmk Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Re: cacti are eaten in various places around the world...

Now that I think about it, you are right about cacti being eaten in various places around the world.  Good point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pm